New Server Wish List

Brain

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

need to reinstate rock the vote. I have never seen any abuse of it anyway. Rock the vote was doing fine when 50% of the ppl wanted the map change. It allowed the server to stay populated on bad maps. And I believe the previous map list was better. Current map list and the fact you can't change the bad ones is making the server dead. Went from inferno to aztec fully populated. Hit chateau and server only half full since.

I also noticed the server being alot more populated when we were doing all the old maps we used to play back in the day. Plus the same old few selection gets boring..

Edited by .fx

what was wrong with rtv, 50% of the ppl have to rtv....so if its a full server 10 people would have to rtv in order for it to change, its not like one person rtv and we change maps.

exactly, if 50% of us want the map changed, why not change it? Admins don't really change maps anyway.. I had never seen rtv get abused when 50% were required.. maybe it was being abused before the 50% were required...

If there are only 8 ppl playing and we do a rock the vote and 4 of us want it changed, I've noticed that it always gets voted to the map the majority wants to play and the server usually gets more populated..

And this maps list... the same old ones are making it boring. I was having alot of fun with prodigy, vertigo and all the ones we hadn't played in forever. It was also keeping the server populated. I thought we were finally doing an update to the server, i didn't know it was an accident :)

I vote we go back to the old map list and keep rock the vote. If an admin takes us to a crappy map and ppl rock the vote on him. Why would he want to force everyone to play a map they don't want to play? All the maps and rock the vote seems like the most fun and most democratic way of letting everyone have a say in what we are playing, plus the boring factor is removed.

Is there a way we can make rockthevote only work when there are not admins in the server?

No.

need to reinstate rock the vote. I have never seen any abuse of it anyway. Rock the vote was doing fine when 50% of the ppl wanted the map change. It allowed the server to stay populated on bad maps. And I believe the previous map list was better. Current map list and the fact you can't change the bad ones is making the server dead. Went from inferno to aztec fully populated. Hit chateau and server only half full since.

I also noticed the server being alot more populated when we were doing all the old maps we used to play back in the day. Plus the same old few selection gets boring..

Done.

what was wrong with rtv, 50% of the ppl have to rtv....so if its a full server 10 people would have to rtv in order for it to change, its not like one person rtv and we change maps.

exactly, if 50% of us want the map changed, why not change it? Admins don't really change maps anyway.. I had never seen rtv get abused when 50% were required.. maybe it was being abused before the 50% were required...

If there are only 8 ppl playing and we do a rock the vote and 4 of us want it changed, I've noticed that it always gets voted to the map the majority wants to play and the server usually gets more populated..

And this maps list... the same old ones are making it boring. I was having alot of fun with prodigy, vertigo and all the ones we hadn't played in forever. It was also keeping the server populated. I thought we were finally doing an update to the server, i didn't know it was an accident :)

I vote we go back to the old map list and keep rock the vote. If an admin takes us to a crappy map and ppl rock the vote on him. Why would he want to force everyone to play a map they don't want to play? All the maps and rock the vote seems like the most fun and most democratic way of letting everyone have a say in what we are playing, plus the boring factor is removed.

i saw you were pumped that you were able to renew for only $20.. yay.. being an admin is only $20 more.. sac up

rock the vote sucks, we were on italy 5-5 and it gets changed, bad....

there will always be 5-6 people who dont like the map no matter what map it is, then it only take 3-4 others who are doing bad to change it

why change settings from the old retro, having a server that was populated from about noon till 3am was horrible i guess

Did we lose some maps with the last change? Some people wanted to play lost temple earlier and it seems to be gone now, but it was there earlier this weekend. If it is there, not sure why I can't see it from the map change menu :/

Also, just noticed tonight that spray tracker was gone, makes it a bit more difficult to find who is spraying inappropriate stuff...

why change settings from the old retro, having a server that was populated from about noon till 3am was horrible i guess

like m2 is saying why arent the rotations and etc just like old retro. thats what had people in the server. "if it aint broke , dont fix it"

+1

like m2 is saying why arent the rotations and etc just like old retro. thats what had people in the server. "if it aint broke , dont fix it"

+1

Hmm. On second thought, +1, but with "some" new stuff. The old night rotation was getting sleepy.

RTV with a high % isn't bad. 50% is totally useless and/or harmful though. We already learned that the hard way and should've known better. A high percentage allows it to be changed when everyone really really wants it, or when the servers dead and theres a couple GC playing around in there with no admins it allows different maps.

On the other hand, how often is there really NO admins at all around, and if the rotation is good it shouldnt be an issue.

I miss the old server... The map rotations, ppl being kicked for being afk(or spec) too long, reserves working, the warm-up round, in general everything about that server... And please bring all the maps from the old server over if possible so we can have great custom map nights like we used to...