Radeon 8500 64mb

Geforce 5900 XT 128mb

Geforce 6800 GT 256mb

Geforce 7900 GT 256mb

Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb

Geforce 8800 GT 512mb

Geforce GTX 260 896mb

Post up your's but don't strain too much thinking back. :prplwacko:

According to my video mathematical equation, what should be my next video card?

(edited)

Tritan 2mb

3DFX VooDoo Banshee 12mb

GeForce 2 64mb

(not sure what the next one was but it claimed 128mb but sucked really bad) * The RAGE FURY PRO or something

ATI 7500 All in Wonder 64mb

GF 4200 128mb (lasted a week then back to the ATI 7500)

ATI 9600 pro 256mb

ATI 9700 pro 128mb - (then back to my 9600pro)

ATI x800GTO 256mb

ATI x1900xtx 512mb

GF 8800GT 512mb

ATI 4870 512mb

I guess I did a bunch of back and forth lol

Edited by Preacher

Diamond Viper V550 TNT2 16mb

Geforce 3 ti200 128mb

9800 non-pro 256mb (bios flashed to XT)

X850pro 256mb (bios flashed to XT)

X1800XT 512mb (bios flashed to XT PE)

X1900 CF 512mb (basically an XTX)

EVGA Geforce 8800GTX 768mb

Sapphire HD 4870 1gb

Sapphire HD 4870 1gb

i miss the good old days of bios flashing cards to better versions. you got way more for your money.

Voodoo Banshee something er other (16 mb I think?)

Geforce 2 Ultra

Geforce Ti 4600

Geforce 7900gt

Geforce 8800gt

ati x850 somewhere in there

And I seem to remember something way way way back, it was greytone only (no color) but much higher res than the standard vga at the time.

Oh! I think it was a Hercules.

Geforce MX4000

Geforce 6800gs

Geforce GTX 260

I haven't had a long history of computer building/upgrading. Only built 2 so far.

I've actually only built one computer (12 years ago). Everything after that has been upgrades. :D

Geforce MX4000

Geforce 6800gs

Geforce GTX 260

I haven't had a long history of computer building/upgrading. Only built 2 so far.

I've actually only built one computer (12 years ago). Everything after that has been upgrades. :D

ditto. i've never done a completely brand new build.

Geforce MX4000

Geforce 6800gs

Geforce GTX 260

ditto. i've never done a completely brand new build.

Yeah actually the first machine I built had a Virge, 3dfx, ISA sound card and external modem upgrades that was carried over from a Packard Bell I had bought. The stupid PBell only had 1 free PCI slot, I first put a Virge in there and it puked up 3D so I swapped it out for a Voodoo and ran it with the built in Cirrus Logic.

After I bought the PBell I vowed never to buy another prebuilt comp again, and I haven't.

OK, I think this is accurate

Diamond Stealth 2MB (which I later upgraded to the 4MB model, I believe)

Voodoo 3 3000 16MB

ATI RADEON 9700 TX 128 MB (I overclocked the crap out of this and got better fps than stock 9800 Pros)

ATI RADEON x850 XT 256 MB (was a great card...still in use on friend's computer)

nVidia 8800 GTX 768 MB (currently using this one :) )

I used that Voodoo for entirely too long.. I think it went through 2 builds. The x850 went through 2 builds as well. I also didn't count my laptop cards...I can't remember what my old Gateway had, but my current laptop uses a pair of 256 MB GeForce 7900 GS GO's. (still runs most things quite nicely)

I think I may have used Slaughter's old GeForce 3 between the Voodoo 3 and 9700....but I don't know for sure.....

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

Ok...not gonna bother with the myriad cards before 1999 or so, but just saying it goes back to about 1981 with the MDA by IBM, but that was before one really had a choice... :smillie_smilling: FFWD through lots of computers and built-in graphics...then...

I will begin when gaming really started to mean something to me and when I had some real choices:

ATI Rage 128 pro 32 mb (kept this one for about 4 years) and I played a lot of the orig UT with this...

Sapphire ATI 9800pro 128 mb

BFG GF 6800 GT 256 mb

eVGA GF 7900 GT ko 256 mb

eVGA GF 8800 GT ko 512 mb

MSI GF GTX 260 core 216 896 mb

Matrox card, no idea which one, early/mid 90's

Some SiS card, no idea which one, mid/late 90's

Radeon 9200 - 2001

Radeon 9800 - 2004

GeForce 7600 - 2007

Quadro 570M - 2008 - Present

I've always had crap graphics <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Sometime in 97' before I got a Voodoo card, I bought a Techworks Laguna 3D. Since it used the same DRAM memory as the N64 used I thought it would kick arse, boy was I wrong. After a couple days I sent it back to Techworks and they gave me a full refund. The video card was THAT BAD. It used a Cirrus Logic chipset.

Also somewhere in after the Voodoo but before Voodoo 2, instead of the Virge card I used a Rendition V2200 with the Voodoo but I can't remember the specifics. I do remember playing some games like Tomb Raider and Whiplash with the Rendition card because it had better quality over 3dfx at equal or greater fps. Unfortunately both companies are gone now, I would have like to see what Rendition could have done after the V2200 chip.

(edited)

well, I remember back in the day, I had some additional 3d booster card made by matrox.. It apparently boosted my graphics blaster made by creative labs(which I failed to mention above). I was only about 12 years old or so, but I do remember it making my games run smoother.

Edited by .fx

well, I remember back in the day, I had some additional 3d booster card made by matrox.. It apparently boosted my graphics blaster made by creative labs(which I failed to mention above). I was only about 12 years old or so, but I do remember it making my games run smoother.

Matrox made an add in 3D card called the M3D. It used the PowerVR chip just like Videologic's Apocalypse 3D. The M3D was Matrox's answer to adding 3D to their own line up of cards which failed miserably in the 3D market at the time. While not a great performer it was still a huge step up from a Virge card. Actually ran a ported GLQuake at 30fps on a P200.