Want to get membership for my son--problem?

BBQsauce

My boy is 10 and he loves to play l4d and I like how the server is strict about language.

1. He has access to a mic, but he is not authorized to use it during gaming. I was considering letting him use it when he either spots an enemy, or is under attack.--Would this be an issue?

2. I understand swearing and the blood, but as a parent, we have had MANY conversations about the difference between cartoon violence, and to never repeat certain words (He knows what they are :P I swear, so he wont hear any new words so long as people don't get out of control.

3. He is pretty good at L4D and TF2, so he shouldn't hold you guys back to often :D

Please let me know if there are any issues. He knows to NEVER act a fool on multiplayer platforms.

I saw yesterday some buddy that was playing in the server with his son, Peanut Butter Jelly Time. I thought it was so great that you can share something that you like. I think is fine if you teach him with good examples and being concious that the game is not so much for children.

But the people on the server are so cool that i really want to show it to everyone. (Not everyone on the server are cool people, but i do like almost the 90% of them.)

Remember that you can share anything, with knowledge and with good examples.

when you include 'problem?' in the title, I'm inclined to think you're trolling.

Well you see, the subject is what the topic is about. Adding "Problem?" lets us know, even without actually opening the topic, that he thinks allowing his son to play may be a problem on the server. Which is why he's asking. Problem?

i thought we had a no children policy here

Not at all. This is a very family friendly community or so I've always thought.

I use to play lotro with a guy and his son was 9-10 and he was a pretty good player and listened when we were in a raid and stuff.

I think it's pretty cool you found a community you feel comferterable letting your kid be part of.

North of 12 would be nice but we'll always make exceptions for parents who are involved with gaming and their kids.

Part of the reasoning behind the standards is creating a place where you wouldn't bat an eye if your 12-ish year old kid played there.

As opposed to just about any pick up game on Xbox 360... (for reference)

How's the 300 challenge going btw - been quiet lately

I think it'd be okay - as long as he stays off the mic as much as possible - no offense, but, in L4D we all have short tempers, and if he's on the team that's losing, he'll be a convenient scapegoat. Just sayin' lol.....But okay with me

$10 that he's already better than baloosh

long as he doesn't use the mic, i don't know why, but whenever I hear a kid's voice on any game, it just annoys me. i still remember that one kid that called out what he was whenever he spawned. Every. Twenty. Seconds.

$10 that he's already better than baloosh

:madmadmad: Your words are hurtful

long as he doesn't use the mic, i don't know why, but whenever I hear a kid's voice on any game, it just annoys me. i still remember that one kid that called out what he was whenever he spawned. Every. Twenty. Seconds.

That ended up being hilarious "I'M A JOCKEY" .... "OOOHH I'M GONNA CHARGE EM" .... "I'M A SPITTER GONNA SPIT SPIT SPIT" .... "WAIT WHY IS THAT LEUMASH GUY USING AIMBOT"