Making survivors side more challenging

cecurity

I thought GC was all about keeping things on the server simple. Seems like a step in the wrong direction. I've played on several 10 v 10 servers that had the reduced spawn timer option. It's the first thing every team buys. Except the better teams buy it quicker as they amass points faster. The end result is a larger gap between more skilled teams and lesser skilled ones, and a feeling of teams being "stacked" more frequently.

I think it's a fairly straight forward and understandable buy option. It will be a buff to the infected team, but not overly so. It's not like players will be respawning every 15 seconds now, you still have to select your class and position yourself.

I still think the 25 point penalty for defibs should be removed though. Getting a defib off on a teammate should ALWAYS be a good thing. You shouldn't be penalised for it.

I think it's a fairly straight forward and understandable buy option. It will be a buff to the infected team, but not overly so. It's not like players will be respawning every 15 seconds now, you still have to select your class and position yourself.

I didn't mean it was a confusing option. Few of the mod upgrades are confusing. I meant that it's a further deviation away from the mostly vanilla style 10 v 10 that GC runs, which is something I really like. If you want a crazy server with sped up chargers, and smokers that can walk backwards with survivors and hyper fast spawn times, there are dozens of options out there.

In any case, Dude is right, if it doesn't work out, it can be taken away. I just dislike seeing such an awesome server take steps towards what I see other 10 v 10's doing. The simplicity of the server is what makes it so much fun imo.

I didn't mean it was a confusing option. Few of the mod upgrades are confusing. I meant that it's a further deviation away from the mostly vanilla style 10 v 10 that GC runs, which is something I really like. If you want a crazy server with sped up chargers, and smokers that can walk backwards with survivors and hyper fast spawn times, there are dozens of options out there.

In any case, Dude is right, if it doesn't work out, it can be taken away. I just dislike seeing such an awesome server take steps towards what I see other 10 v 10's doing. The simplicity of the server is what makes it so much fun imo.

For what it's worth, I also don't like this idea for our server.

Drag got it right. We don't need any more additions to either side as will it stray from the server originality. What needs to be done is nerfing the survivor side such as the famous firecrate. That 3 point purchase can earn you back at least 5 points given the right situation and happens more often then not (boomers so to say).

But if this was to get through, then it shouldn't be a team base reduction but a individual reduction. Infected can amass points more quickly, therefore making it a team purchase will only make this buy choice obsolete once it's max like any other class limits. And that's where it leads to another problem; buying choices for infected. Infected have very little variety/option when it comes to purchasing or more accurately only TWO options to make once the team maxed out the class limit (including the witch-respawn). Is either tanks or witches. Can't count on wiches half the time because they will either spawn in unreachable places, far away or behind the survivors, get crown or spawn too close to each other just to be all lit by one person. So the only reliable purchase is the tank.

Just seems like infected purchases pale in comparison to the survivors.

Well if the fire create is to be nerfed...then i could raise the issue of boomers earning ridiculous points, 2 for each survivor....

So if 4 players are boomed, thats 8 points.....and a fire-crate returns 5 points for the horde when purchased by 3. Pretty sure that is balanced already.

Edited by Avengers

That is the best case scenario for boomers. If I boom 4 players on average, then I can get a tank after 7 deaths, which is about two and a half minutes. In reality its more like 1-2 depends on the map. By that time many great players can amass enough points to revive themself twice. Let alone we have med packs on default.

On the topic of changes... Do you guys do map scoring for all survivors or only the 4 mains on the scoreboard?

I guess my gripe with adding a lot of new features is that I play on gcftw when I want something more vanilla, since I have vanilla cravings every once in a while... and I think moving too far away from vanilla would void the entire purpose behind why the gc server was created in the first place... but that's just me.

I thought GC was all about keeping things on the server simple. Seems like a step in the wrong direction. I've played on several 10 v 10 servers that had the reduced spawn timer option. It's the first thing every team buys. Except the better teams buy it quicker as they amass points faster. The end result is a larger gap between more skilled teams and lesser skilled ones, and a feeling of teams being "stacked" more frequently.

This.