AWP Weapon restrict poll

Biggs

Do you want AWPs limited to 2 per team?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not like it matters anyways, seems like people only hang out long enough to get a 5v5 match going these days.

I'm still around and pub a lot :) Would always rather play people I know aren't cheating instead of getting a scrim with 4 150+ pinging aimbotters ;E

I vote no.

I vote you're part of the problem!

You obviously don't play with her much :P

:) My reason for voting no is that if there's only two per team, the best two AWPers are probably not me, so I'll have less chance to AWP and get better at it. *Shrugs* Just remember this from playing Source back in the day. Like Turnbull said, I don't feel it's a problem in GO compared to Source.

GC Alumni
(edited)

I vote no.

I vote you're part of the problem!

You obviously don't play with her much :P

:) My reason for voting no is that if there's only two per team, the best two AWPers are probably not me, so I'll have less chance to AWP and get better at it. *Shrugs* Just remember this from playing Source back in the day. Like Turnbull said, I don't feel it's a problem in GO compared to Source.

and to expand on that, the range of guns used is much broader in GO than source. I see almost all the guns used everymap. I've not seen a whole lot of 5 guys lined up at Mid to shoot awps like you would in source. Playing Aztec in source with out limits was almost unbearable but I've not felt that frustration in GO that I can recall. I say a compromise! If we limit awps we add stats! Edited by turnbullTeRRoR
  • Like 1

I voted yes but was on the fence as I agree with many others that AWPs don't seem as big of an issue in GO as they were in Source. However I have not played GO nearly as much as I did Source so I wouldn't be surprised if it is abused on pubs.

5v5 is fun, but I think there will always be a place for some retro style CSGO. I voted no, since I don't think awps are that big of a problem either, but I don't really mind it either way.

I just started playing some 5v5 and agree it is fun, however the only time people are on the gc server is for Saturday night customs and I don't think 5v5 is going to go away anytime soon.

I think restricting AWPs is a significant deterrent to people like me attempting to learn them. If my team is ahead and I have money to spare, I'll buy an AWP so I can try using it in an actual situation instead of the usual impromptu circumstance. I'm also not a huge fan of playing against a team of proficient AWPers. I'm torn on this, but I'm voting no because I've yet to see the same issues on the CS:GO pub that we had in CSS. I have to learn somehow and I'd rather not do it under high pressure circumstances.

I think restricting AWPs is a significant deterrent to people like me attempting to learn them. If my team is ahead and I have money to spare, I'll buy an AWP so I can try using it in an actual situation instead of the usual impromptu circumstance. I'm also not a huge fan of playing against a team of proficient AWPers. I'm torn on this, but I'm voting no because I've yet to see the same issues on the CS:GO pub that we had in CSS. I have to learn somehow and I'd rather not do it under high pressure circumstances.

also there is that ^

I'm hardcore advocate of VOTE NO on this poll and I hardly ever awp in pubs. "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" I don't see a problem and I think some peoples past experiences have biased them against the awp. In the end though this wouldn't bother me either way so I don't know why I'm overly concerned with blocking it. I reckon its because I've gotten better at awping and don't want to be blocked should I have the funds and feel the urge because some one is awp"@)#$ing" I mean when you limit to 2 you will see who they are :ignore:

GC Alumni
(edited)

24 members have cast votes....... 12-11 someone deleted....... come to the NO SIDE!

hmmm I find out who the 24th was that went back and recast yes I will personally hunt down on the server and awpzoriZe your face while repeatedly singing war pigs for my team to hear! Please save my team!

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR