Make everyone a main?

crasx

Remove mains?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should we? While I was fixing the server I came across a couple of plugins that count everyone's progress. Would this encourage teamwork and be better for the server? What are your thoughts?

I voted no. I feel that it gives a challenge within itself. You don't have to get the mains to the end but for a team to get them to the saferoom is an accomplishment. That should be an achievement.

People fear change.. I think nuking 'mains' from orbit will be a good move.

One less obstacle for the noobs to worry about, plus everyone's progress counts on every chapter.

(edited)

Does the mod have like a volunteer option? like the first 4 people to volunteer are the mains? I like having mains myself, it adds a special dynamic to the game for some bonus points.

Edited by mikeyson

People fear change.. I think nuking 'mains' from orbit will be a good move.

One less obstacle for the noobs to worry about, plus everyone's progress counts on every chapter.

i think this topic was brought up before and the abandoning of newbies at chokes was one of the reasons it was discouraged. obviously this will happen with non main newbies pretty frequently but now they don't even have the protection of being of main (and the team) to get past a choke

pfft, having mains doesn't add strategy. it just gives people an excuse to book it when things get rough.

why should 1 player count more than another?

• Like 2

(edited)

IDK in reading some of these comments if people realize that this would mean that EVERYONE is a main, like everyone's progress counts. So it would encourage more teamwork and less "just leave him he's not a main".

Edited by chick82
  • Like 1

IDK in reading some of these comments if people realize that this would mean that EVERYONE is a main, like everyone's progress counts. So it would encourage more teamwork and less "just leave him he's not a main".

Disregard everything chick says!

pfft, having mains doesn't add strategy. it just gives people an excuse to book it when things get rough.

why should 1 player count more than another?

I didn't ask to be important, I was chosen...

Edited by BlackYoshi

The topic says "Remove mains?"...I think that's what has confused a lot of us... Having said that, if everyone was a "main" and their points counted towards the total it would really make each player valuable in a close game. Losing one or two players early in a round can have serious consequences to the teams overall points. Making all players count as mains has my vote for sure.

I guess you can think of this not as removing mains, but as making the number of mains=10

Thats all ready how I see the game now but with a few special people. Its like having the Secret Service protect the president. The mains are the President and everyone else on the surviving team is Secret Services. It just adds another layer on top of what the server has already. Its like an added challenge on top of getting to the safe room.

• Like 1