[Ban Request] Ugh....chaos

Fenix

(edited)

So we were on the no mercy map tonight. Teams were pretty close, but most of the survivor team (I was on infected) was incapped or struggling at the top of the elevator in the 4th map. In the mean time "I'm not Black Yoshi" rushed the map to the safe room. Not sure if the other team agreed to it, but he could have still helped. Also he was not a main. Here's the weird part:

A. I did a !who to see who he was since he kept saying he wasn't black yoshi. But his username showed that he was black yoshi.

B. After that, Black Yoshi logged in and started chatting in spectator mode while "Im not black yoshi" was still logged in.

C. Tainted was the admin online, and he did nothing to kick "I'm not black yoshi" for rushing (Tainted was on my team).

D. Since we pretty much won that chapter, after we completed and finished the last map, the next team was supposed to go. instead Tainted made half the survivors do the Talpa challenge, and while we were waiting on the roof at the top of the ladder to attack, Tainted !slayed all of us infected so they could get to the roof.

E. After that people were suiciding left and right, and then that was the end of the map.

This is the worst admining of the server I've ever seen, and no one seemed to care too much for the rushing, the infecting of the survivors, or the suiciding or !slaying of the infected. All but me. Maybe I was more vocal about it, but it was ridiculous.

I'm not blaming crasx, I'm blaming Tainted. When I said I saw crasx online on l4d2, it was on my steam friends list, not in-game. I didn't look to see if crasx was online and in-game.

So my ban request is for "i'm not black yoshi", and I am also complaining about the admin that was online at the time. It showed Crasx.gc online in-game, but I didn't see him. Any sort of explanation would help.

Edited by Fenix

Check the logs man it said "im not black yoshi" so clearly im not to blame...

Serious edit:

Just to clear it up when you do the !who command it links to my forum name which is "siebutsu." So if you ever wonder who that is its me. I changed my name to "im not black yoshi" just to mess with people, I guess it worked lol :). Anyway the person who you thought was actually me was tainited messing around amd changing his name to Black Yoshi.

Now down to business, I did rush from the elevator to the safe room when there was 2 tanks active and another in queue while more than half the team was incaped. I was on the losing team and wanted to make up points so I ran for it, I know I wasn't a main but I knew i'd make it anyway so it didn't matter. Noboby seemed to mind, tainted was on my team and he said it was fine, there was no way we were going to make it out of there. The teams were stacked it was 3000 to 1400 if I remember correctly. I can't say much for tainted slaying the infected and people suciding however because I didn't notice or see either. If tainted did slay the infected it was because he was playing against the stacked team and wanted to make for an interesting match. I've seen admins do this numerous times before.

Also fishy got death charged in the elevator shaft by controlfreak lol

Edited by BlackYoshi
  • Like 1

with the new script you may be listed as black yoshi instead of siebutsu... you know... just to confuse things

im not black yoshi=STEAM_1:0:52660143= yoshi

meanwhile

Black Yoshi STEAM_1:0:23875929 who said "DUR I BLACK YOSHI" == tainted92

interesting fact. Tainted and yoshi have the same first name, which kinda tweaked me out

meanwhile crasx was at a bar with walkingcat and accidentally left l4d2 on

• Like 1

with the new script you may be listed as black yoshi instead of siebutsu... you know... just to confuse things

im not black yoshi=STEAM_1:0:52660143= yoshi

meanwhile

Black Yoshi STEAM_1:0:23875929 who said "DUR I BLACK YOSHI" == tainted92

interesting fact. Tainted and yoshi have the same first name, which kinda tweaked me out

meanwhile crasx was at a bar with walkingcat and accidentally left l4d2 on

Same first name? Thats so exciting what is it?! Also you never invite me out to bars you jerks.

Edited by BlackYoshi

So we were on the no mercy map tonight. Teams were pretty close, but most of the survivor team (I was on infected) was incapped or struggling at the top of the elevator in the 4th map. In the mean time "I'm not Black Yoshi" rushed the map to the safe room. Not sure if the other team agreed to it, but he could have still helped. Also he was not a main. Here's the weird part:

A. I did a !who to see who he was since he kept saying he wasn't black yoshi. But his username showed that he was black yoshi.

As already shown by Yoshi and crasx, it was Yoshi himself having a laugh with other people, so yeah, "im not black yoshi" was indeed Black Yoshi.

B. After that, Black Yoshi logged in and started chatting in spectator mode while "Im not black yoshi" was still logged in.

That was me, I changed my name on Steam as a laugh with Yoshi, both of us and swatfishy were name changing and generally having a bit of a laugh. Sorry if you were confused by this.

C. Tainted was the admin online, and he did nothing to kick "I'm not black yoshi" for rushing (Tainted was on my team).

There were two tanks alive, a generator in the elevator, the entire team but two and Yoshi were incapped (including myself), and another tank in the spawn queue. In this situation, I felt that Yoshi's rushing was warranted, as no one managed to survive but him. While I've not been an admin for very long at all, I've kicked people for rushing and the like, and I feel like I have a good understand on what constitutes rushing. I will not kick for your definition, but my own. If you had a problem with it, why didn't you try and talk to me yourself?

D. Since we pretty much won that chapter, after we completed and finished the last map, the next team was supposed to go. instead Tainted made half the survivors do the Talpa challenge, and while we were waiting on the roof at the top of the ladder to attack, Tainted !slayed all of us infected so they could get to the roof.

Wrong.. I made the entire survivors team do the Talpa challenge ;) The survivors were over 2000 points down on the finale, we had no chance of victory, and some of the team asked for the Talpa challenge, so I did so. The slaying of the Infected, I admit, may have been in haste and an abuse of my powers, but I was trying to keep the end of the game (and the slaughter of my team) fun for everyone. I apologize if you didn't like this.

E. After that people were suiciding left and right, and then that was the end of the map.

To be blunt, while I can't see everything at once ingame, I didn't see this, so I can't offer any form of explanation. My entire team died from natural ZOMBIE EAT YOUR FACE causes while black and white as far as I saw, so... yeah.

This is the worst admining of the server I've ever seen, and no one seemed to care too much for the rushing, the infecting of the survivors, or the suiciding or !slaying of the infected. All but me. Maybe I was more vocal about it, but it was ridiculous.

You weren't vocal at all. I saw you say you were going to post on the forums about Yoshi, but that's the only thing I heard or saw you say while online. If you had a problem, why didn't you tell me? I'm sorry if my admin'ing upset or annoyed you, but in the end, I'll call it as I see it, being - Yoshi was warranted in rushing, the infection was requested by members of the survivors, there was no suiciding as far I saw, and the !slaying, while a bad idea, was done in what I thought was the best way to keep the survivors having fun (getting on to the roof rather than dying without ever getting up (maybe I shouldn't have infected everyone then if I felt this way, but that's only something I can see in hindsight.))

I'm not blaming crasx, I'm blaming Tainted. When I said I saw crasx online on l4d2, it was on my steam friends list, not in-game. I didn't look to see if crasx was online and in-game.

Aye, crasx was not ingame. Blame me if you wish, but I've answered your points as honestly as I can, and all I can do is say that I'm sorry if you were upset by the way I handled the game, and I hope to do a better job in future.

So my ban request is for "i'm not black yoshi", and I am also complaining about the admin that was online at the time. It showed Crasx.gc online in-game, but I didn't see him. Any sort of explanation would help.

I do not agree on the ban on Yoshi for the other admins. He was warranted in rushing given the circumstances, and I fully support him in this.

My answers in bold

• Like 4

I'm not going to pretend to fully understand all the nuances of L4D2, but I do know that lopsided games happen from time to time no matter what server you're on. Yeah, it sucks to be on the losing end of it and somebody should make the effort to even the teams up and make the game enjoyable for all.

That being said, losing or not, our rules don't go out the window.

Also, I don't know what the Talpa challenge is but enough of this slaying the whole team crap. Accept defeat with some dignity and move on, it's not the end of the world.

GC Server Admin

So much ado about nothing

Ban request DENIED(on my part)

• Like 1

every single survivor requested the challenge?

Unless every person on the team is a member, each one of those members has a keyboard, and they all read the request by an admin, I highly doubt this to be true at all...

Most of the team != All the team.

Slaying infected team to make things fun for the Survivors != Fun for everyone.

Custom votes are there for a reason. USE THEM before doing anything on a team/server-wide scale.

• Like 3

The Talpa Challenge is an epic test of fortitude and skill, which either ends with tears or glory. For such a dangerous mission, we've always made this a voluntary assignment.

But yeah, don't slay a whole team in the middle of gameplay.

• Like 1

Just my two cents, but if someone rushes for it and his/her fellow team members object, the admin in game will handle it. If the team members don't object they will get as far as they can. If I am on the infected team. IT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS EITHER WAY. The point is to win by any means necessary with in the constructs of the game and rushing is one of many strategies as long as that team (not the enemy team) agrees to use that strategy. I get angry when yoshi does it to me too, cause I wanted to kill him, but that's also part of the game. When we get to a finale and the scores are so far apart that there is no chance of the other team winning sometimes an admin will ask we can have some fun with it. If no one objects anything can happen as long no one objects and if you had objected I am sure tainted would've kept it all vanilla for you. It's a game people the point is to have fun. I know it can get competitive, myself included. If what tainted and what the other team did, did not affect the outcome of the game and nobody objected, what's the problem?

• Like 4

Tainted made half the survivors do the Talpa challenge

no one seemed to care too much for the... the infecting of the survivors,

How would you know if he "made" them do it? You weren't on their team. Maybe no one was upset because they wanted the talpa challenge?

Be a rule stickler all you want, but the rules are only in place to keep the game fun. Likewise, admins are not here to just enforce rules; they're here to make the game fun. Sometimes that means bending the rules too.

Perhaps no one else cared about any of the other stuff for a very simple reason: it made the game interesting.

Edited by Leonebluen

Plain and simple, rules were broken, the admin handled it poorly. Having a non-main rush the map at the end because only a few ppl were incapped (not everyone) is against rules. Now lets say the admin allowed it...all that did was allow for that team to purposefully lose when they were survivors on the last map.

If I remember correctly, there was a thread that said we should get rid of the final score just so players don't rage quit or teams don't feel stacked.

Both teams were pretty even up until the 4th map. The finale was when my team finished with enough points to solidify the win for us, but it doesn't mean we don't want to play as infected and try playing against the (losing) survivors fairly. I think it would have been better if the admin had just set up a vote for talpa challenge or just to skip the map. Like I said when the survivors made it to the ladder, Tainted slayed all of us waiting on the roof. When the first survivor made it to the top, all he did was jump off the fence and he hung there so we couldn't spawn. I don't know if that's a tactic or not, but the slaying of our infected team was when I decided to report everything...the name changes, the rushing and the slaying.

Plain and simple, rules were broken, the admin handled it poorly. Having a non-main rush the map at the end because only a few ppl were incapped (not everyone) is against rules. Now lets say the admin allowed it...all that did was allow for that team to purposefully lose when they were survivors on the last map.

If I remember correctly, there was a thread that said we should get rid of the final score just so players don't rage quit or teams don't feel stacked.

Both teams were pretty even up until the 4th map. The finale was when my team finished with enough points to solidify the win for us, but it doesn't mean we don't want to play as infected and try playing against the (losing) survivors fairly. I think it would have been better if the admin had just set up a vote for talpa challenge or just to skip the map. Like I said when the survivors made it to the ladder, Tainted slayed all of us waiting on the roof. When the first survivor made it to the top, all he did was jump off the fence and he hung there so we couldn't spawn. I don't know if that's a tactic or not, but the slaying of our infected team was when I decided to report everything...the name changes, the rushing and the slaying.

7/10 players were incapped. 2 tanks were alive and another was in the spawn queue. The team had barely any points, and what little they had was given to me, but when I tried to get to the saferoom, I was incap'd. I still stand by my decision that Yoshi's rushing was warranted, and in the best interest of the team. He may be good, but he can not slay three tanks on his own with barely anyone else up.

I will take your comments about what I SHOULD have done under consideration, but I'm going to stress one thing. I was an admin for less than a week when this happened. Inexperience is no excuse, but perhaps you can cut me a bit of slack for it, considering that even now, I'm not going to be an amazing admin due to a lack of experience.

If I ruined your game, I apologize, but frankly, the subject is a bit of a dead horse now. I've apologized and explained my view, and the other admins have responded if they deemed it necessary. If Yoshi was to be banned, someone would have done so before now, after you and I first responded to this topic. Therefore, I respectfully request that this topic be locked. Hope to see you ingame Fenix.

• Like 1

I know you're a new admin and part of this post was also directed towards you. I understand how being an admin lets you have access to a bunch of new commands in-game that make you want to try them all out. Just please don't do that in the future without warning us. I was already banned from the Zombie Islands server because I accused one of their admins of abusing admin privelages by rushing one of the Finales by spamming adrenaline and Molotovs. I just don't like seeing admins use their tools "for fun" when it can cause other players aggravation (ie. Jackie and his bus hat)

PS. Yes I know this is Jackie's server...so whatever.