!Votekick While Admin is on! Why cant we?

GummyBear

My Question is there are people the play on our server that just troll. And sometimes admin is playing and they know the guy is trolling because everyone on the team is saying to kick the dude and the admin does not. Why is it that we cannot kick the player when the whole team agrees to kick him. And just because the admin does not want to kick him should not justify that he should not kick the player. When all of the players on the team are saying to kick him because as you all know it only takes one player to get the whole team killed in some circumstances. In this particular circumstance that was it. Instead of the admin kicking the player that was not only griefing and trooling admin kicked me? In what way is that even fair?

• Like 3

My Question is there are people the play on our server that just troll. And sometimes admin is playing and they know the guy is trolling because everyone on the team is saying to kick the dude and the admin does not. Why is it that we cannot kick the player when the whole team agrees to kick him. And just because the admin does not want to kick him should not justify that he should not kick the player. When all of the players on the team are saying to kick him because as you all know it only takes one player to get the whole team killed in some circumstances. In this particular circumstance that was it. Instead of the admin kicking the player that was not only griefing and trooling admin kicked me? In what way is that even fair?

I have to agree with GummyBear. This has been happening a lot lately. Is it possible for the admin/s to give a reason in game on why they won't kick the player??

• Like 1

Gummy if you're referring specifically to a few days ago when you were kicked after initiating a votekick I'll explain.

The person we were asked to votekick was moving around in the spawn area. He may have been new, or he may have been trolling. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because we as a community welcome and encourage new players, not kick them.

That. We took out vote kick when admins are on because its the admins job to make that call. There were a few people being kicked because of skill. Ie: healing themselves or not sending points. Another reason is if a player deserves a ban for something and you votekick, we gotta do a lot more work to add the ban. There is no reason to votekick if an admin is on. Ask the admin to kick and if they say no then deal with it

• Like 2

if (Admin == "Online") {

println("Votekick not allowed! Contact admin to assess the situation.");

}

else{

if(Player ="New") {

println("Ask player to stop. And inform them of the rules!");

}

else {

println("Kick him");

}

}

Edited by Avengers

That. We took out vote kick when admins are on because its the admins job to make that call. There were a few people being kicked because of skill. Ie: healing themselves or not sending points. Another reason is if a player deserves a ban for something and you votekick, we gotta do a lot more work to add the ban. There is no reason to votekick if an admin is on. Ask the admin to kick and if they say no then deal with it

if that is the case, then admins need to step up and go spec the person that people want to kick as soon as a couple of people start complaining about that person because they are not being a team player, trolling, griefing, etc. There's been a couple of times admins get into a convo or into the game so much that they do not hear or see any of the complaints ingame.

Listen, I tend to agree with oakgyrl, we who are contributing members should be able to votekick if majority rules. This rule works when admins are on -- and only then when someone points it out -- but I've been on when there were no admins on and we wanted to kick someone. We did, too, by the way. :P

But the point is, if an admin does not see something, there are a variety of reasons why. I understand that. Therefore the right to police ourselves should be available.

At least let us keep the voting rights! :mad:

Edited by Jakeywakes
  • Like 1

In addition, having admins babysit players wouldn't be fun for admins. They'd have to be admin every time they are on instead of trusting members to help them out so they can enjoy the game too. I thought members are suppose to watch after the server as well, not just admins. Votekick is also just a couple of mins, it's not like they can't come back after.

In addition, having admins babysit players wouldn't be fun for admins. They'd have to be admin every time they are on instead of trusting members to help them out so they can enjoy the game too.

Hence the reason I rarely play, I usually need to go spec quite a few times.... but different admins have different ways of tcb on the server. I personally prefer having kicks go through me because I like to know why people are kicked and who i should watch in the future. admins are expected to put administration above fun, its in the job description. If someone isn't doing this then pm a board member. also feel free to message me if i am on and 9 times out of 10 ill join and straighten it out

• Like 1

In addition, having admins babysit players wouldn't be fun for admins. They'd have to be admin every time they are on instead of trusting members to help them out so they can enjoy the game too.

Hence the reason I rarely play, I usually need to go spec quite a few times.... but different admins have different ways of tcb on the server. I personally prefer having kicks go through me because I like to know why people are kicked and who i should watch in the future. admins are expected to put administration above fun, its in the job description. If someone isn't doing this then pm a board member. also feel free to message me if i am on and 9 times out of 10 ill join and straighten it out

that is what i do already lol if a kick isnt enough, i spam u XD

that is what i do already lol if a kick isnt enough, i spam u XD

wonderful

The kick "privilege" is given to members so that they may police themselves when an admin is not present. If you have a serious problem with a player and you just kick them they can come back into the game in a matter of minutes. When an admin is on and playing, it is difficult to keep track of themselves + 21 other people. So when you have a problem the best thing to do is say something to the admin in game so that they can take care of it properly and to the extent it needs to be. I have noticed players sometimes starting kick votes for skill etc. That doesn't warrant a ban or a kick from the server. I have had times when, something wasn't apparent to me and they just start throwing kick votes out there, and then I have to talk to the players and/or go to spec to deal w/ it. Another potential problem is with that is if that person starts complaining on the forums about being kicked, there is no explanation as to what happened. When a admin ban happens there is accountability and explanations logged for the action. In a severe infraction a ban may be permanent and that person probably will not be back to cause more problems if that is the case. It's been my experience that if someone is really causing a problem in the server all the admins I play with do not hesitate for a second to ban someone. If you check sourcebans you will find that people are banned all day long everyday by every admin. I know for a fact that before I was an admin and was having a problem, I would simply tell the admin over voice what was going on and they would take care of it. I believe nowadays it's gotten better, because we have more admins, often one on each team. We often watch out for each other and if there is a problem, we are pretty good at taking care of it. You may have had an isolated case Gummy, but it has not been my experience in general. I realize that the members are often times just trying to help out by helping police the server and I personally appreciate it, but as Biggs noted, you do want to have a record of it so we can keep track of trouble makers.

The problem with trying to find who is causing havoc is only exasberated by members shouting at admins or typing incessantly, 'kick the giriefer'. 'kick the rusher' etc.

We need names of players, not the problems. If you guys don't know who is causing the problem on your team, how you expect admins to respond effectively?

Early afternoon (GMT) as the server begins to pick up members, there are usually several people causing problems. When there are many people behaving like idiots, I do ask members to help me out by votekicking minor trouble-makers, but make it clear that any major hassle to let me deal with it.

WE NEED TO PERMA-BAN on occasion NOT JUST VOTEKICK

• Like 3

As members you guys kind of lost this privilege because you want to kick people for skill or not spitting and dying, not using their points, not using their mics. That's part of the issue, I mean I saw a guy load in get hung up in back by 3 smokers, and most of his team was up ahead and I had people saying "kick him he's greifing, he's trolling", when really he was just caught up with good attacks on him, and once he was with his team, he stayed with them the whole campaign. That's why a lot of admins veto the kick and say what's up. It's not that we want to ruin your game or make things harder on you, it's some members have decided to police not for what is kickable but because of what they deem "rule breaking". If that makes sense. When you have so many regulars on a team and one or 2 odd people out and you throw up a vote kick it's kinda of like the popular kid saying "vote him off the island" and the rest of the team is like "YEAH!", LOL, that's why when we are on, we ask that you say "hey John Doe is afk, trolling, greifing".

A very good example as well is Wulfer who will say "Hey Chick or (admin) that is on can we kick such and such he's doing this" It's great and helpful and we usually resolve the issue very quickly.

• Like 1

Is there a way instead of a kick feature when admins are on have more of a tally feature that only admins see? So if someone is being an idiot and an admin doesn't see it or doesn't notice it but some members do, they can kind of say, "we think this person should be kicked" without actually having the ability to kick them. Then it's up to the admin online to look at the player in question and decide if they should be kicked/banned or whatever.

• Like 1

You know what admin cant keep up with all players that is correct. But when a member calls a vote for griefing and trolling and the admin is on the same team and he sees it and does nothing about it. And you ask the admin repetitively to kick him. And the guy goes afk then trolls moves a couple of feet. Then he runs back to spawn griefing yes i take matters into my own hand and kick that player. Again this ruins it for all the players playing. Like I said before it only takes 1 player to ruin the Whole game for the whole team.

• Like 2

Is there a way instead of a kick feature when admins are on have more of a tally feature that only admins see? So if someone is being an idiot and an admin doesn't see it or doesn't notice it but some members do, they can kind of say, "we think this person should be kicked" without actually having the ability to kick them. Then it's up to the admin online to look at the player in question and decide if they should be kicked/banned or whatever.

Well that's kind of the setup now. If an admin is on you bring problems to their attention. If an admin is not on you have the option to votekick that person.

You know what admin cant keep up with all players that is correct. But when a member calls a vote for griefing and trolling and the admin is on the same team and he sees it and does nothing about it. And you ask the admin repetitively to kick him. And the guy goes afk then trolls moves a couple of feet. Then he runs back to spawn griefing yes i take matters into my own hand and kick that player. Again this ruins it for all the players playing. Like I said before it only takes 1 player to ruin the Whole game for the whole team.

Who decides if they're trolling or learning? I'm still learning crap about this game after having it for a few weeks. We have a lot of stuff on the server: hats, points, buying, etc. That's a lot for a new player to take in and understand. As I said before I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and NOT kick them immediately, and I will also veto any attempt TO vote kick them.

We were all new once and we are a community that welcomes new players.

Does that mean we're going to miss one here and there? Of course, but I'd rather let one troll get a pass than condemn a new person.

Put yourself in their shoes. Hop in a new server with a bunch of extra plugins and see if you pick up in the first two minutes of the map, because that's the situation I described in my previous post.

• Like 1

Well, San said pretty much what I have to say here. Gummy, theres many times Ive seen you instantly call a votekick on someone whos behind, claiming theyre "griefing" when theyre getting mobbed by zombies. Not everyone is going to be perfectly in line at all times, and for better or worse thats part of the game. It always gets me when people are in front yelling for the people behind to hurry up, without thinking that these people are being attacked by monsters whos goal is to impede their progress.

This is a team game, so try to help people out before getting angry at them. Newer players are naturally going to be a bit confused and overwhelmed by the scale of action that goes on on our server, but with a bit of care they can learn and become better players and potentially new friends.

• Like 1

As members you guys kind of lost this privilege because you want to kick people for skill or not spitting and dying, not using their points, not using their mics. That's part of the issue, I mean I saw a guy load in get hung up in back by 3 smokers, and most of his team was up ahead and I had people saying "kick him he's greifing, he's trolling", when really he was just caught up with good attacks on him, and once he was with his team, he stayed with them the whole campaign. That's why a lot of admins veto the kick and say what's up. It's not that we want to ruin your game or make things harder on you, it's some members have decided to police not for what is kickable but because of what they deem "rule breaking". If that makes sense. When you have so many regulars on a team and one or 2 odd people out and you throw up a vote kick it's kinda of like the popular kid saying "vote him off the island" and the rest of the team is like "YEAH!", LOL, that's why when we are on, we ask that you say "hey John Doe is afk, trolling, greifing".

A very good example as well is Wulfer who will say "Hey Chick or (admin) that is on can we kick such and such he's doing this" It's great and helpful and we usually resolve the issue very quickly.

why is it that those who abuse votekick ruins it for all members? talk to those members who admins think are abusing the votekick then rather than taking it away for all the members. It is similar to this whole ordeal. Small minority ruining it for everyone else, but everyone pays. I'm not one to votekick someone for being bad at the game, but I will votekick those that rush, those NOT helping teammates. Anyone that plays with me or seen me play know I always die in the back or first to die because i help people in the back lol

Edited by oakgyrl510

I actually typed something out but didn't post it because I felt it wasn't necessary for me to get involved in this matter but from what it looks like maybe I should've posted my thoughts. (before zero first posted)

All you guys need to know is if admin is on the server report the issue and allow them to take charge. If the admin isn't doing their job right then report it but have proof. If you have to call in a admin because someone is being rude or causing chaos in the server then do it. Admins must do their jobs in order to make sure things run smoothly. If they do not answer to your call or they say they are too busy, take a demo or collect evidence and then post it on the forums. I know there are some admins that do have things they must do IRL(In Real LIfe) and I also know of some admins just saying it's okay. Any Admin that does have the time to assist you and says it's okay for that person to act the way they are please let a Board Member know of this situation because that's not right.

As far as members go you should understand that there will be some(LOL) new people who join the server and don't know the rules. Give them time to know the rules and how to actually play the game on the server. I have lost my ability to do the r jump because I haven't touched the server in MONTHS. I know it gets annoying when you have a new player on your team but just take that opportunity to teach that person how its done. Give them that knowledge you have. If you can't tell them about the website and they can look up on the forums what they can do on the server.

One thing I used to do when I played on the server is I assisted a couple of the admins if there were issues on the server and they didn't spot it. I'd report it right away. You guys have to understand some of the admins are human.... sorry ALL admins are human and they can make mistakes ...same as you. They can't get every single problem but if they had help, instead of people complaining, then maybe things can get done more smoothly. Remember evidence. You gotta make sure you can back up everything you report because if you don't nothing will get done.

Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it. Happy Killings PPL!!!!

Luv,

YURI

• Like 2

YURI

TL:DR Comic Sans

From the looks of the situation Gummy did the right thing to kick even after requesting the admin to do his part. It also seem you were wrong to assume and call for a votekick on a person who might be completely new to the server or this game...thus acting like a slowpoke in the saferoom. I've seen my fair share of votekicking in this server and quite often is for all the wrong reasons. When the admins aren't on, all reasons break through either by not dieing as a spitter, holding points, spend just a bit too much time standing in the same spot and the most frequent kicking, someone who is still loading into the game. So what we have here is a unfortunate situation really

While we're at the subject of a person trolling or grieving...can we abandon that player alone and focus on survival on the teammates that are sticking together? IE: guy staying in the safe room. guy rushes ahead and gets caught....just leave them behind like a nobody! This to say though if there is no admin available at the time...we serve our own community justice with swift death and votekick afterwards!

Edited by Jerkoff