10v10 Hunter Video

MurderinClony

Just thought I might make a video of the life of a 10v10 hunter.

You can expect nice hunter pounces, however, video editing, not so much. It was my first try.

Careful to those who watch this video, for if you got pounced, you might not want to re-live the horror. (Turbo, that means you.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBYHokMY50Y

Edit: The video has increased in quality 10 fold.

Edited by MurderinClony
  • Like 2

(edited)

So is bouncing off the ceiling of the level considered an exploit? I mean it's great skill that you are able to do that, but to me it just looks like an exploit.

The hunter, by design of the creators of L4D1 & L4D2, is able to jump off any wall, ceiling too. I hardly doubt it would be an exploit. But where do I jump off the ceiling of the level? I don't think I did that in the video.

Everything looks photoshopped lol but nice pounces Clony, now to try and do the same stuff....later on.

Hmmmm, I barely know how to make a video, as you can see by the not so good first try, I cant possibly photo shop that good.... Can I? :D

Edited by MurderinClony

Nooo! You're exposing all the good spots! Most of them I didn't even know but the more people who know the better the server gets collectively which means I need to work harder.

I wouldn't worry too much about it yoshi. How do you think I get all those 3 point long distance head shots............................................................

To me using the invisible walls and ceilings sounds like an exploit. In fact I'd probably kick somebody for it. I highly doubt the developers intended for a hunter to bounce, or whatever the hell you want to call it, a few hundred feet along the sky in an open map to pounce people.

On another note, it always has been treated that way in CS in spots where you could boost out of the map and run around in the skybox.

valve would have made certain walls unpounceable in that case

also no one would pounce from above the skybox since you'd get skeet'd like 90% of the time before you can even start

They didn't make the game 10v10 with a buy system either.

Your argument was that Valve should have made the walls unpouncable. I doubt they can predict every way in which the game was going to be played.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. I shared my two cents on the wall thing.

This is an apples and oranges situation. Invisible Wall Hunter Pounces have been in there since L4D1 and in my opinion, a game mechanic thing and requires skill to pull off not to mention if Valve wanted to do anything about it and thought it was an exploit, it would have been fixed 4 or less years ago with a simple flag set on the brush. The buy system is a mod.

Anywho, I'm leaving it at that because I don't want to get into an argument with anyone, but yeah, I consider wall pouncing off of invisible walls a viable means of pouncing on someone because we all know how much Valve hates rooftops in the L4D2 maps.

I can name right off the bat plenty of walls in L4D1 that you cannot jump off of, some of which are right next to invisible wall you CAN jump off of. Valve knew what they were doing when they placed those invisible walls and because they are all over Death Toll in L4D1.

Death Toll 4 has the most invisible walls, you cannot get on any of the rooftops except those that have ladders going to them. In L4D2 You can get on all those rooftops and jump off those walls, if they just ported over the maps, they would have those same invisible walls that you COULDN'T jump off of. I don't belive they just happened to disappear and you can happen to get on the roofs now and you can happen to be able to pounce off them now.

For the lack of amount of rooftops and high levels in L4D2 like Jackie said, they probably compensated for it. Plus with so many people loving the hunter with videos of L4D1 hunter damage pounce montages all over youtube, there is no way they would drop those people in their new game. There are maps where they tried to restrict that, and Parish 1 is a prime example, no 25 spots except for maybe 1 or 2, the roof of the map is inches from the roof tops. They knew what they were doing, I don't see how its an exploit.