New admins required

Codrut

You guys still looking for new admins?

I use to be over at MGFTW, but I got out of there a few months back, before the owners became just too paranoid, and just prefer not to deal with that kind of stuff anymore. I do however, feel the need to recommend someone from there that recently had his adminship removed for terrible reasons.

He is known as ChooChoo. From what I could gather behind the scenes, he was fired... for the same reason he was originally hired for. I have no idea how that makes sense either.

I believe he could actually be a big help with your 10vs10 servers by bring his talented work that he calls, "Pathing." It's pretty much the only thing that makes 10vs10 actually playable, along with any other mods attached to it. PR-VS for MGFTW would have probably crumbled and fell apart if not for him.

Right now, MGFTW seems to be toying with him, unsure if they actually want him back as an admin or not. You guys should try to win him over here.

Edited by TankyTime

what is pathing?

Well, as far as I can see, he spawns various objects like cars, rocks, trees, barricades, etc on maps. For instance, take Dead Center - Map 2. Those streets outside the hotel are just wide open and can be difficult for infected to spawn in and attack, plus, survivors rushing is just bad.

By adding objects, not only do infected have more places to spawn, but it stops survivors from rushing too much and could give infected teams more chances to strike. To balance the additional spawn places, he also adds weapons and items on vehicles and objects spawns as well as around the map. He does pretty good to make most of the stuff feel fitted, but for a few, he seems to go beyond realism and aims for just pure fun and entertainment. It's impressive stuff.

He doesn't know that I am recommending him to you guys. I don't know if he has ever played on GCFTW servers, or knows that GCFTW exists. I mean, you guys do compete against MGFTW, right?

Edited by TankyTime

pathing is basically change the path, like when people ask for jackie pathing.

choo hasnt been on this server as far as ive seen, the dynamics is all different. he'd have to play it and get the feel first.

//iveplayedmgserversiknowwhothatis.

Edited by oakgyrl510

Well, all I came here to do was simply recommend that cool dude to you guys. It's up to you. I think you would like the pathing he does. He takes time to add the little details that make it work out.

He seems like a good choice for this place. It's just absolutely terrible what the owner behind MGFTW did to him.

Edited by TankyTime

I know choochoo when I was an admin on another server. Very interesting and small world. I dont recommend choochoo though. Sorry. I think the current admins are enough. We got three, so thats pretty good. And the ones we got are all very good and fair and more importanly... around!! Which was my gripe. Now to get back about a half dozen regulars that no longer play here. Thats the challenge.

Tanky, By the way, this is Anubis. If you remember. :)

I know choochoo when I was an admin on another server. Very interesting and small world. I dont recommend choochoo though. Sorry. I think the current admins are enough. We got three, so thats pretty good. And the ones we got are all very good and fair and more importanly... around!! Which was my gripe. Now to get back about a half dozen regulars that no longer play here. Thats the challenge.

Tanky, By the way, this is Anubis. If you remember. :)

Are you sure we are talking about the same ChooChoo? This one is quite recommended. I don't think there was a day where he was even remotely offline. Anubis? I don't believe I met you at all.

Edited by TankyTime

Either way no one can be an admin until they've spent sufficient time on our servers. Your friend is welcome to be a member here, and I'm sure they'd take your reference into consideration when he was eligible to apply, but first he has to come here and demonstrate the character the board members look for in administrators.

Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestion as we do appreciate any attempts to improve our community, and I hope you give our servers a shot sometime. Maybe you'll like it here and stick around!

Best,

Leon

• Like 1