FYI: L4D2 Being refreshed

crasx

Man, ever since the server's been up, my ping is always in the red (130 - 150) never before has it reached this, I checked my internet connection and nothing is different, same ISP, I rarely download and was just wondering if it really is my end, or if something is different with the server, obviously a lot but I'm talking connection wise.

If anyone can help me try and fix my ping that'd be awesome.

What is happening is (this happened to me) I got smoked into a witch, she went nuts and ran off, didn't kill me. I think they're focusing on mains, but at that point the only main alive was REALLY far away. (in the mall, on the 2nd story in the back, while the main was up by the alarm switch)

I know they used to attack anyone who got smoked into them.

Also there is some confusion as to whether or not witches that are already bought/on the map turn dangerous once it's bought. I know when we used to buy it, everyone became dangerous. Now it doesn't appear to be the case. Still sometimes it happens so fast, I'm not sure if a smoker pulling someone into her incaps them, because we know they won't kill someone incapped.

GC Alumni

Were ranks finally fixed? I noticed it for the first time I moved up a rank. If so, awesome. Enjoy your game crasx.

ranks were fixed when sql was fixed... so yes. congrats on the new rank!

Think the only other thing I've noticed is missing are the sprays which explain the points system in the spawns.

Crasx wanted to think about the 3 people in the world who use Macs on the server.

didn't mean to skip that sweet addon. I'll throw it back in when I remember

Were ranks finally fixed? I noticed it for the first time I moved up a rank. If so, awesome. Enjoy your game crasx.

yes, it was

Think the only other thing I've noticed is missing are the sprays which explain the points system in the spawns.

missed that, my bad. I was going to see if there were mac compatible ways of doing this

Crasx, Send me your local little ceasar tel # or what ever pizza you order. Its on me. :)

thx turbo, donate to a charity or gc or sourcemod for me instead.

GC Alumni

fixed witches? I think?

In the process confused the heck out of myself.

I some how managed to fix it by looking at the wrong file o.0

edit: talked to some pros, it was the right file. I was just mistaken

(edited)

Figured out my problem. I changed my name to bananadan and had no problem connecting. Apparently the server thinks the name "put a banana in your ear" is a dirty phrase in it and kicks me automatically. lol

Edited by Banana