Pro tips for everyone to share

slarfnar

Study the map : D, and recognize popular spawn spots, always aim for the head or else don't bother shooting. Learn each individual player behaviors and favorite things they like doing :D. Play in your sleep. And don't listen to what I write, I don't even follow it xD.

• Like 1

make sure to play dead (afk) when there are hundreds of infected around you. youll be invisible to them and leave you alone

wow. this is something new.

desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

Familiarize yourself to the SI sounds.

Example: if you hear a smoker sound, prepare immediately to shoot somewhere far (not all the time)

if you hear a spitter, just kill it immediately (low hp)

if you hear a charger, prepare to side step (you can't kill it instantly unless it is a headshot)

By reacting instantly to the sounds, you can save yourself and your teammates.

If you've got a melee weapon you can also rotate to the smoker's tongue and hack at it to free yourself. You've got to be quick, though.

can someone confirm this. i can never attack when im holding a melee and get pulled

(edited)

You can cut it as it tries to grab you, I've done it before, most of the time you will fail and get pulled.

if you hear a charger, prepare to side step (you can't kill it instantly unless it is a headshot)

No, you can't,unless it's multiple shots 2 or 3.

Hunters, Jockeys, Boomers, Spitters and Smokers can be killed with a headshot.

Edited by Vilkys

If Cloney is playing, he will be hunter. Shoot Cloney as he tries to pounce.

If you all take nothing away from this thread, at least take this.

Learn to read and spell correctly.

Huh? Ok Clony.. Not Cloney

But then it gives you a chance to cheer again "YEH PEANUT IS DEAD!", which you do, even when I am ON YOUR TEAM. I still think this is breaking a GC rule, I will have to research that so I can ban you.

I'll allow it.

• Like 1

and if peanut dies, DO NOT defib him, he'll die again and feeding the infected more points :laugh:

oh my this is so true LAWL!!!! he was just laying there on the floor he said he was sleepy

What kind of sleep is that which needs a Defib just to awake the person? Imagine waking up everyday with a shock from Defib. :P

Learn to level charges. You get points and it is demoralizing for the other team.

when are u going to show ur sexiness back in on l4d let me know ill join u

lookback sexy? ok maybe just a bit, but show them the video of me saving that one guy on the no mercy map by leveling a charger

There's a small window of time the survivor can perform actions while being pull by a smoker. If they're close enough to you, he can shove and disrupt the pull.

Talpa, I do that every night, where are my sexy showers.

(edited)

I wish I had a video of that one time I leveled SK on No Mercy, one of my all-time favorite moments in the game.

I note Talpa's 66 charger levels and encourage him to catch me in the matador race (still 3rd place :) )

Return: It may happen, but I was chastised for suggesting it recently, so I will not commit to fixing my gaming rig anytime soon. In the meantime, my laptop plays CoH2 well and my HTPC plays Rocksmith 2014 extremely well (with a quality sound system too), if anyone would like to join me - I am getting pretty decent at guitar now and considering a new career as a rock star...

Manbearpig and I often team up to take on the special scenario levels on CoH2, we make a devastating team.

Edited by Lookback

What I want to know is how does someone kill me as a smoker when I'm already dragging them to me? Is that someone meleeing me, or somehow headshotting me? Most often swat is to blame. I should give up, but I feel so awesome when I snare him.

generally i get caught when the smoker is a good deal above or below me (vertical height) since i can't hear the difference and just 180 on the x axis and don't have enough time to adjust aim up or down

you can get 2 awp shots off before you get snared and like 8-12 AR shots so as long as a few of them headshot and a few hit the body, poof you're free

crouching helps i think....

and if you start to get smoked 3 - 7 or so feet away then you have a good chance of meleeing the smoker right before the snare

also lag lol

• Like 1

Learn to level charges. You get points and it is demoralizing for the other team.

lookback sexy? ok maybe just a bit, but show them the video of me saving that one guy on the no mercy map by leveling a charger

wait is that the video when i came back from takin a 3 month break from l4d and i was screaming afterwards?