My School Arbor Park

Jeffe

There is 73 kids in my school have the flu! My nurse was on the news and there are people sick in my school including me. We are effected with the influenza virus and its spreading as we speek! o my gosh this is scary.. Its kinda wierd that it is happening in my school. Most of my friends have it with me and its very hard to with stand. Its spreading throughout the country do yourself a favor and get the shot PLEASE! :(

Yeah I guess Nevada has one of the higher death counts for the flu this season, although I'm not worried about myself, just my two nephews less than 3 years old. Guess I'll be stayin' away from crowds as much as I can.

Yes, take care of yourself well. My wife is a RN in the Pediatric Intensive Care at Children's Hospital in Denver. She has had the unfortunate predicament of taking care of one of the, I think now 6, children that have died from the flu. 4 of them had previous problems that the flu just added to and overwhelmed them, the other two were completely healthy babies before they got sick.

My wife had a hard time dealing with the death of this one she took care of. It was soo sad. The parents couldn't have kids, so they adopted a beautiful baby girl. Some of you understand what a huge process it is to adopt. I can imagine that that only made it that much worse to loose the child, but to the flu no less. I pray for that family nightly. :(

I got my shot already. But, when a company or school or hospital administers a flu shot, they take a gamble as to which of the two or three strains will be prevalent for the winter. My company guessed wrong, hense, decreased protection from my shot. Truth is...I never get sick anyhow, good luck though.

P.S. Are you barfing? :yuck:

My work offers a free flu shot every year but I never take it. They give it on Friday so you feel crappy all weekend :rolleyes: Smart for them. :blink:

Came home today and my daughter has it. Does anyone know of a website that can tell when its like threatening? She is older (9) so I think she should be alright. Just with all these deaths in the news it makes you worry more than I normally would.

hits the really young and the really old the worst, therin lies the chance of death b'c of a decreased immune system. funky this year though b/c a relatively healthy 8 yr old boy died from the flu. another potential problem is that the flu vacc is for a different strain, not to mention that viruses can mutate so friggin quickly...

back to the books, one more test to go!!!! :bang:

mags, gimmie a ring on thursday afternoon if you see this post

here is my theory on flu:

see me i dont ever take vitamins or medicines, while the rest of my family takes a crap-load of them (cause my mom is a nurse/ health MANIAC). Oddly enough im the one that never gets sick, while my mom, who takes a ton of vitamins adn crap, gets sick the most. So i , in my infinite amount of knowledge, have concluded that medicine makes you more vulerable to getting sick. If you over come a sickness by your-self it'll strenghten your immune system / anti-bodies for future battles against germs.

My immune system is horrible I get sick so much.. Almost Every year i get the flu. Then Phemonea or Bronchitis. My allergies are bad in the spring and winter (<WoW). I get colds about 3 times in the winter. Its horrible.. Im allergic to alot of things. :(I catch things way to easy too..

Edited by Jeffe

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

Ya well you probably have the influenza virus, but you probably dont get Bronchitis right after...this is due to something called a bacterial infection which can be treated with antibiotics. The flu on the other hand can't be. So unless you are that sick and get a cold everyother week, i suggest you buy a plastic bubble cause something isnt right there.

Jeffe, if you immune system is that bad....do something about it. Its called mabye start to make better descisions on what you eat and drink. You might actually have to do something here besides sit on your butt and play cs. Just watch what you eat and eat more of the green stuff.

I havent been sick since 6th grade (6 years ago) or missed a day of school since 6th grade for being sick.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

Good point Killer...i Havent been sick since 6th grade, minor colds that take the best of you thats baout it. I missed 1 day of school last year tho cause i had a 104 fever...that gives me a reason to stay home cause 106 would be bad and i would need hospitalization. Although the next day i went to school with a 101 fever. I hope your not like my friend brandon, who gets a bad headache from playing to much games, then fakes sick to stay home to play more games...cause thats a no no :nono::nono:

yea, almost every year (mostly at the beginning of the new school year, September) i always get the worst possible flu. it last for like a month sometimes. my temp shoots up, i get a sore throat, i feel like im tired all day long. but i still go to school :)

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

good job semper!!!! way to put up with it man like the rest of the men in this world.

yea, almost every year (mostly at the beginning of the new school year, September) i always get the worst possible flu.  it last for like a month sometimes.  my temp shoots up, i get a sore throat, i feel like im tired all day long. but i still go to school :)

Its not the flu dummy, its called "ragweed season" you have allergies my friend.

Yeah, you did make a point about the better decisions, but cs is not the first thing on my mind. lol, I have school, basketball, baseball, and sports I participate in. I can say that I dont eat good and thats probebly why as you said. It's not just that, some part of this has to do with my allergies. Yes, Bronchitis does occur even if I had the flu and I can make sure of that. I get sick almost every year. I do try to cut back on foods, and I do try to exercise more.

EDIT:

P.S Killer I eat vegetables all the time lol I prefer fruit more :D

Edited by Jeffe