Headphones

Well, my headphone/mic just busted on me (already!). I'm about to buy some new ones, but a problem I've always had with headphones is that my ears start hurting pretty bad after 45 mins or so. What kinds of headphones are the most comfortable? I've used cheap earbuds and medium-price ($40) padded muff-type dealies. Is this going to be an unavoidable problem, or is there something out there that I'm missing? I never hear anyone else complain about it, so maybe there's something that they know that I don't. >8\

Thanks.

-hC

my favorites but then again, not everyone can afford them( i got really lucky and had the cash layin around). No mic included, but there is a mod of those by sony that has a mic on it. i just use my mic from my monitor (hp mx70)

audio 90's. possibly the best purchase i made for my new computer. Sound is amazing, clear, crisp, and the mic is very nice.

you cant go wrong for $23, and they generally kick donkey.

my favorites but then again, not everyone can afford them( i got really lucky and had the cash layin around). No mic included, but there is a mod of those by sony that has a mic on it. i just use my mic from my monitor (hp mx70)

For that price, Sennheisser's are a better deal.

well the sony vs Sennheisser debate is more common with the recording artists and studio producers, who demand the highest quality sound. they'll generally go with sony. but for "better deal" yeah sennheisser might be. i just didnt like the durability/comfort drop for the price. sound is always on sonys side. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I have seinhauser HD 500's and I love them... comfortable and they work amazing well :).

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
does seinhauser just make headphones and no headsets ?

if they have a headset link me up please, i'd like to buy a pair.

Yup, they do. I personally just wear an old broken pair of audio .90's around my neck, however:

http://www.sennheisercommunications.com/pr-pc150.html

Those would be the most commonly used pair, here's the full listing:

http://www.sennheisercommunications.com/pr-pcheadsets.html

For that price, Sennheisser's are a better deal.

well the sony vs Sennheisser debate is more common with the recording artists and studio producers, who demand the highest quality sound. they'll generally go with sony. but for "better deal" yeah sennheisser might be. i just didnt like the durability/comfort drop for the price. sound is always on sonys side. :wub:

Bah, DJ recommended the V-600s to be about a year and a half ago. I love them ALOT. They are super comfortable for hours and the sound is great.

does seinhauser just make headphones and no headsets ?

if they have a headset link me up please, i'd like to buy a pair.

Yup, they do. I personally just wear an old broken pair of audio .90's around my neck, however:

http://www.sennheisercommunications.com/pr-pc150.html

Those would be the most commonly used pair, here's the full listing:

http://www.sennheisercommunications.com/pr-pcheadsets.html

why do you wear the .90's instead of the HD 500's ? which do ya like more

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
He just wears the 90's around his neck killer for the mic since the HD500's don't have a mic. I have the sennheiser pc150's and it is a very nice headset.

Yeah, it was kind of uncomfortable at first, but I got used to it relatively fast. The hd500 have amazing sound quality and are very comfortable. Only complaitn is sometimes I get a bit sweaty where it touches if I use them for a long period of time w/o break, but that's rare occurances so it doesn't really matter :).

Do not buy audio .90's unless you wanna replace them in a few weeks.