I need your Prayers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is day... 14. She gets her last IV chemo today. I pray that things come back clear.

I'm drugged up on pain killers so I could not go today. I can barely tie my shoes, let alone be helpful in that type of a situation. So...I'll sit on the couch and watch the second hand tick away.

I hope to follow up with good news.

Spent a bit of time praying for you and your girl this morning. You need to keep in the forefront of your mind that God has a plan in your life and the lives of your family. The road gets rough at times but He will carry you through.

God bless you my friend

I wish you and your family many many years/decades of happy healthiness its the best I can say

it takes a strong person to post up all your thoughts

you are one the greatest dads in the world I am sure of it!

prayers and thoughts of good will for the holidays for you and your family

take care

Bob

Thanks to Ross, Preach, and Bob. It's your comments that keep me strong when the the rest of the world seems to be falling apart.

Danielle received her last IV chemo. The hospital did not fax over her labs (we like to track them as a double check) so that created a bit of irritation.

Everything looks like it'll be fine, everything looks like we won't have any problems over the next couple of months. But you hear so many stories of families in a similar situation where the rug is pulled out from under them so all I can do is be cautiously paranoid...if that is such a term.

I pray we all have a holiday season where we can focus on the real reason of the season, not personal anguish, grief, or struggles.

Grace be with you all,

Duke

We're inspiration to you? Dang it humbles me to hear your jibs and hear you laugh at something dumb we say or do, when life is kicking you in the nuts on a hourly basis. I was thinking about it this morning and God's plan to turn tragedy into triumph may just be the rest of us watching you walk through the fire and come out a fine looking bald guy (that's very old <3 ) You might have lost a little hair in there but you came through stronger, more confident and an inspiration to us all, Christian and non-Christian alike.

We love ya man

Edited by Preacher

We're inspiration to you? Dang it humbles me to hear your jibs and hear you laugh at something dumb we say or do, when life is kicking you in the nuts on a hourly basis. I was thinking about it this morning and God's plan to turn tragedy into triumph may just be the rest of us watching you walk through the fire and come out a fine looking bald guy (that's very old <3 ) You might have lost a little hair in there but you came through stronger, more confident and an inspiration to us all, Christian and non-Christian alike.

We love ya man

Well said!

Lol Brew :biglaugha:

We love ya man

Perfectly put preacher.

Stay strong Duke, we're all here with our thoughts and prayers for your family.

thought about danielle alot last night. I spent last night in the ER. I kept thinking, man I am a wimp compared to her. I was diagnosed with viral gastroenteritis. 1130am yesterday started vomiting and didnt stop until 7pm.

My mom (nurse of 34 years) thinks it was food posioning. Let me tell you, you do not want this... was throwing up blood and it was coming out both ends. gut wrenching pain. gave me a shot of nubane and phenegren, and 2 bags of fluid. The bags of fluid make you cold and shiver. God bless danielle, strongest person I know..

2 days

Update:

We got through Christmas in one piece!! It was fun to watch the kids be kids on Christmas day and I think it let me forget what's going on around me.

I definitely have a cold and the kids are next in line to get it, if not already. Not very fun but at least it's not the flu, which we are trying to avoid at all costs.

In 2 days we stop all chemo and wait to see if her system remains cancer free. The first 6 months has the highest risk of relapse. With each month passing after that, it decreases her chance of relapse. After 1 year, we are in good shape. That'll put one of our last hurdles (6 month post chemo) finishing right around FragFest. If she's clear by then I'll make sure to celebrate extra hard at FF!!

Initially, this thread was my way to reach out for help as well as putting my faith on my sleeve. As time went on, it's been a way to vent my fears, frustration and anger.

On a deeper level though, I felt telling Danielle's story was a tool to bring people closer to God, to strengthen or even start their faith. Maybe that was me hoping and praying that that was God's plan for us instead of something worse. Maybe not. Dunno. I can only pray that someone has come closer to God through her story as there is no way to validate His plan for us.

I'm going to give a final update in 2 days and then leave this thread open for a few more days. After that I hope to close it and never open it again. It will give me a sense of closure. During that time, please feel free to post whatever you would like to say as I plan on printing this thread out and putting it in her scrap book so that, God willing, years down the road she can look back and read about all the people that prayed for her and kept her in their thoughts as well as helping daddy keep his sanity.

GC and FragFest holds a special place in my heart because of all the kindness and support they generate. We're a lot more than just an online gaming community, we're an online family. Yes, we fight and, yes, we have our drama just like any other family, but it's home and I'll support it to the end.

To those that rode with me on this journey, thank you. Your thoughts, prayers and efforts are immeasurable. You are one of the main reasons my family survived this nightmare and I am forever grateful.

With sincere thanks,

Duke

Dook!

Great news! We continue to keep you guys in our prayers. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas.

Your posts over the last couple of years have been moving, inspiring, thoughtful, and yes, have helped to give me, and several others here, a better sense and appreciation for what is important in this life.

Danielle, you've got a great daddy! No matter what is going on today - if he's given you extra homework, grounded you, not bought you that car, or embarrassed you in front of your friends - he did it because he loves you. Give him a hug anyway, because you have all sorts of catching up to do!

May God bless you, Dukes, today and always.

Greg

I just want to say 'thanks for sharing'. It is true that baring your struggles with us has helped us as well. Helped us keep things in perspective. Also the testimony of someone who has faced the worst life can give but come through it with God's help just reinforces the fact that we can trust God with whatever comes our way.

I will continue to pray. Hoping for the best for Danielle, you and your entire family.

Greg

Danielle took her last chemo pills last night.

Rather than post the victory picture, you can see a few more of the final event here. Scroll down a bit when you get there. Feel free to add to her journal.

Today is day 1 of a new life and I pray that it's day 1 of 30,000 or more.