I need your Prayers

I better clarify dedications (thanks, Way).

A baptism has a person making a conscious choice to accept Christ as his or her Savior. A baby simply cannot make that choice. Therefore a dedication ceremony has the parents dedicating themselves to raising and teaching the child Christian values and beliefs so that the child is prepared to make their choice later on in life. That is when their baptism will occur.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Danielle had her spinal on Thursday and we haven't received any phone calls since then so I assume we're good. She's moody, but healthy.

4 more months to go and only 1 more spinal chemo in that timeframe (December).

After December you'll see a happier, more lenient MrDuke. :D

There's still plenty of kids suffering though. If you haven't done so already please pray for young Donovan, he's in trouble.

Thanks for all of your support and prayers. You have no idea how special GC is to me.

Find your kids and hug 'em up. Get a big 'ol belly laugh out of 'em. :lol2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

Things are surprisingly calm. She went in last week and all counts were good for the most part. We discovered she has asthma so that added a couple of meds to the growing list but that's no big deal.

Her last spinal tap/chemo injection will be in November. She has two more I.V. chemo sessions (1 in November and 1 in December). On December 28th, she will take her last chemotherapy pill.

On December 29th I plan to make a final entry, let a few people post some final thoughts and close this thread down forever. I'll print it all out so when she's older she can see some of the struggles a parent goes through. She can also see that there are plenty of good people out there willing to help those in need.

63 days left.

TY guys. It means a lot to me when I see all the GC's support.

Update:

As expected we're running into some of the long term side effects. We think her hearing is starting to deteriorate because she constantly shouting and does not respond to quiet requests. I even whispered, "Danielle, do you want some ice cream?", which is an automatic "Yes!" and she did not respond.

I'm hoping it's just a phase kids go through but we scheduled a test anyway. Even if there is hearing damage I'll take it hands down, no questions, no arguments.