I need your Prayers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I didn't post up about this right away...the thread was started while I was away from the forums.

However, I'm glad things seem to still be moving in a positive direction! You keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

I'll keep praying for the Duke family as I have been (though I didn't post).

I just filled her last methotrexate Rx. Woohoo!!

Her last spinal, God willing, is this Thursday. As I've posted before, spinal time puts us on edge because they test the spinal fluid for cancer cells and that seems to be where they migrate to in an effort to hide. When kids relapse it always seems to happen during their last spinal or shortly thereafter. Needless to say we're scared but excited at the same time.

We'll be at Defcon 2 from Thursday until Monday night. After that, we should be coasting to the finish line.

She got through the IV and spinal chemo in one piece. She got sick and was run down to the point that mommy and grandma tried to talk her out of going to dinner but she wouldn't hear of it.

She refused to stay home saying she wanted to go out and celebrate being done with spinals so off we went to Olive Garden for spaghetti and freddy (fettucini alfredo). You could see it in her eyes that she didn't feel good but she never once complained, she just kept having fun and kept looking around as if to make sure everyone else was having a good time. She is so amazing and I wish I had half the determination she has. No complaints, no whining, no excuses, no side-stepping. Just pure honesty and determination. She's amazing. I wish you guys could experience it firsthand.

We're still on pins and needles, waiting to see if the doctor calls back with bad news. I'm keeping busy with other things in an attempt to keep my mind off of it.

She got through the IV and spinal chemo in one piece. She got sick and was run down to the point that mommy and grandma tried to talk her out of going to dinner but she wouldn't hear of it.

She refused to stay home saying she wanted to go out and celebrate being done with spinals so off we went to Olive Garden for spaghetti and freddy (fettucini alfredo). You could see it in her eyes that she didn't feel good but she never once complained, she just kept having fun and kept looking around as if to make sure everyone else was having a good time. She is so amazing and I wish I had half the determination she has. No complaints, no whining, no excuses, no side-stepping. Just pure honesty and determination. She's amazing. I wish you guys could experience it firsthand.

We're still on pins and needles, waiting to see if the doctor calls back with bad news. I'm keeping busy with other things in an attempt to keep my mind off of it.

WTG Danielle, considering the way I feel and the way things are going for me, you could teach me a lot about keeping one's courage and chin up.