Fatty

I never finished HL1.

Max Payne was sweet...didn't finish.

I praised CoD to all, and it was incredible...never finished it.

Every moment that I play HL2 is a wonderful experience, yet I'm 1/2way done, and, erm, not sure.

Myth, you pick the version, Command and Conquer, had em all, name some more, what's the last really SWEET space one, with all the complicated navigational views, etc..heck, now that I think of it, I'm not sure I completed Doom2, flying games, a few.....played em, enjoyed em, but guess what...never finished em.

I'm not sure why that is....perhaps because I can't spend more than chops of time...and, when I consider that time, my draw to my PC is the interaction, the community. For some reason I'm drawn more to a circus act on dust as Terrorists more than continuing HL2. I spend my time mending loose ends here and there throughout GC, then cash in on some MP with people I can laugh with and at....

Oh well. Maybe someday I'll finish some SP game! Give me a quality multiplayer version of these games? I'm IN! Doom2 had coop! That was fun.

Coop HL2 would also be great fun....maybe someone will mod it.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Well Fatty you are missing out on HL2 and Max Payne by not finishing them. I guess I am a sucker for a great story which is why I loved Max Payne. You are this bad donkey detective and you play as him. There is the mystery and intrigue throughout. HL2 is just amazing from beginning to end. Go finish it!

I'm only at the beginning of HL2,down in the tunnels with the water and stuff, I just can't kick my CS addiction enough to get back to it. When i'm not playin CS, i'm here reading posts,workin, or sleeping. (I'm sick I tell ya)

Max Payne was really cool, I finished that, but never played 2, is it good?

Heck, I still never finished Doom 3, and I was waitin a year for that.

HL2 was the first single player game that I finished since HL1. (unless you count Riven which was a family endeavor and hence it HAD to be finished). It is like you said, single player holds no charm since I have started playing multiplayer games. I feel alone. Progress is pointless. Kills give no real satisfaction.

But I did finish HL2 and thought it was worth the effort. It helped that I had a couple of days off at the time so I chewed up some bigs chunks pretty quickly.

But it is worth finishing just to get to use the grav gun in the last level. Never had so much fun with a game :)

Just want to add my 2 cents in here. I have played alot of SP games as well as MP, and I just want to say, ALOT of the SP games angered me in that they were nothign more than cheap maze maps, you trying to find some little bull donkey alley or hidden spot or way to go through, or going over the same ground over and over again trying to figure out which way to turn. MOst older FPS were a waste of my time, granted there were a bunch of good ones, but alot of them weren't put together anywhere near as well as HL2, no mazes, even HL1 with the railcar section I found mazy and started to bore me, wehn I played through it a second time, I almost dreaded that section. HL2 on the other hand, WELL worth the play through, great story, put together very well, and no real running around trying o figure otu what to do, its more of a keep on running or your donkey is toast type of game....when you can take the time and finish it, youll be glad you did.

That's okay, Fatty...It can take me years to finish some SP games, and I might have to start over a couple of times. I believe there are a few that I didn't finish as well, but I don't remember which, and some, if I know a cheat, I'll just turn it on and fly through the game to see the end (*cough*opposingforce*cough*).

I was just to the part in HL where I got transported to Xen when I found HLDM and started LANning with buddies. Then we found CS and I never looked back...until I could no longer stand playing CS on crappy dial-up (by crappy, I mean 36.6...48.8 was decent when you have a serious CS addiction). Then I got Blue Shift and beat it. It got me thinking about HL so I went back and played it through, finally beating it. I also tried Opposing Forces but my machine BSOD'ed and I had to reinstall and lost my save spot so just called it quits.

I finished Max Payne, great game. I heard MP2 was just more of the same with minor technology improvement and it was too short. I finished Deus Ex (just once so only saw one possible ended) and heard DE2 was similar to MP2, minor tech improvements and too short to really be worth the $$.

Almost finished Quake2, did finish Quake3 but...really, that shouldn't count.

• 2 weeks later...
I came into gaming after HL1 and was introduced with CS.  So I never played HL1.  I already have HL2, so I am playing HL1:S, almost done with it, then I will go for 2.  I did finish COD though.

Opposing Force is good too.

I finished HL back in the day. OF too. And CoD.

I will surely finish HL2 when I ever get a chance to play it :( Ive had it for a week almost, lol. Stupid, busy holiday season. :bang:

I dont even remember the story from HL. I might have to go look it up to add to the whole experience.

I never finished HL1.

Every moment that I play HL2 is a wonderful experience, yet I'm 1/2way done, and, erm, not sure.

Myth, you pick the version, Command and Conquer, had em all, name some more, what's the last really SWEET space one, with all the complicated navigational views, etc..heck, now that I think of it, I'm not sure I completed Doom2, flying games, a few.....played em, enjoyed em, but guess what...never finished em.

I'm not sure why that is....perhaps because I can't spend more than chops of time...and, when I consider that time, my draw to my PC is the interaction, the community.  For some reason I'm drawn more to a circus act on dust as Terrorists more than continuing HL2.  I spend my time mending loose ends here and there throughout GC, then cash in on some MP with people I can laugh with and at....

Oh well.  Maybe someday I'll finish some SP game!  Give me a quality multiplayer version of these games?  I'm IN!  Doom2 had coop!  That was fun.

Coop HL2 would also be great fun....maybe someone will mod it.

:o

Fatty never finished HL? wowwie...

I understand though... most of the games I've played I've never finished. There's only a few that I actually did. The HL series (hl, op4, bs, hl2) Eternal darkness... um... I think that's about it.

I'm more of a community guy as well, I almost cried when trop was taken down... However, with HL2 I only played for a couple hours (at most) at a time. I have 2 jobs, I also have a wife and a 1yr old who always want to spend time. Not that I think that is a burden or anything... :) But I would find time once I got the nipper down, and my wife did her "live journal thing" I was able to squeeze in about 30min or so.

I still 1.6 (from at work:) ) as well as source now, at the same time as playing through HL2 again on hard. Another thing that has drawn me to hl2 again is something that was started at HL Fallout. Someone asked a question and a contest of photography (using screenshots) of what it would have been like if Gordon had a camera along on his journey. I have some up right now, and still have last night's shoot to upload.

warning... some spoilers...

Casper's HL2 Photography

as far as the coop stuff, I believe that the same person who did the coop for hL is doing it again for HL2... Sven coop I think... not sure.

In anycase. Hope you make it though, it is deffinately worth it.

see you in source!