If you could sit and talk...

Fatty

If you could sit for an hour and talk to anyone (past or present), who would it be? What would you talk about? What is your reasoning?

Some might be tempted to say God or Jesus, which is a great answer, but let's assume that's an answer for many an limit this to earthly people (i.e. politicians, ancestors, actors, historical figures, etc).

I can't decide yet, sorry, so I can't go first and I gotta move!

If you could sit for an hour and talk to anyone (past or present), who would it be?  What would you talk about?  What is your reasoning?

That is an easy question for me. I would like to talk to Winston Churchill. The man was a genious. I don't know of many more people that could write, and make public speaches, better then he could.

I would like to sit back and drink a beer with him. I don't care what we talk about.

Y Arafat.

I'm tired of hearing about the plight of an ethnic race through the media. I'd like some un-spun information straight from the source.

I know the Christian/Jewish side of it. I'd like to know more from the Muslim perspective.

That is an easy question for me. I would like to talk to Winston Churchill.  The man was a genious. I don't know of many more people that could write, and make public speaches, better then he could.

I would like to sit back and drink a beer with him. I don't care what we talk about.

Id prob. have to agree with you on that one.

honestly...Adolf Hitler...I would seriously love to know what went on in his head and how it could work.

I'm sure there are others, but that's one of the first to pop into my head.

2nd would have to be 1 of our founding fathers...any one of em

honestly...Adolf Hitler...I would seriously love to know what went on in his head and how it could work.

I'm sure there are others, but that's one of the first to pop into my head.

2nd would have to be 1 of our founding fathers...any one of em

He was my second choice. Brillliant individual, just incredibly sick. If only he could've been pointed in the right direction.

I'm staying away from the political side of it, for me it's a toss up between Dale Earnhardt Sr., or Stevie Ray Vaughn, but I think i'll go with SRV.

I wish I could drink a few and shoot the breeze with him about his influences(other than the obvious Hendrix). I did'nt become a hardcore fan until we lost him, so it would be neat.

(another honorable mention - Randy Rhodes.) :D

GC Founder

I would have to say, after much thought, that it would be either my Dad's mom or dad. I never met them as they passed away long before I was born. I spent lots of time at my Grandparents on my Mom's side, and was able to see where she grew up and learn about her life through them just by being there. Although my Dad obviously shared things about his life, learning through my ancestors about him or seeing where he grew up wasn't as easy.

I would have to say, after much thought, that it would be either my Dad's mom or dad.  I never met them as they passed away long before I was born.  I spent lots of time at my Grandparents on my Mom's side, and was able to see where she grew up and learn about her life through them just by being there.  Although my Dad obviously shared things about his life, learning through my ancestors about him or seeing where he grew up wasn't as easy.

I was thinking similar fatty. Was thinking my Mom's Dad or Mom. But since they are the same. I'm gonna have to think further on this.

PS. This oughta throw a loop into the community :D

I was thinking that as well, but further back.. My grandfather fought in the American Revolution, 11 generations back and was at Dorchester Heights when we pushed the British out of Boston harbor.. He later came here with his grandson and founded Mainville Ohio about 20 miles down the road from me.. Id like to talk to him or Peter Tufts, the first here in the new country in 1635..

Battle of Dorchester Heights

If you were wondering, yes Tufts University's land was donated by my great uncle 9 generations back..

Edited by Batman