More girls lately?

Fatty

Girls playing CS are few and far between...but has anyone noticed that as of very late there's been several pop through?

Melanie (who I"ve not seen back since then)

Emily (the spazola)

and last night I saw someone named Kelly with a [GIRLZ] tag on. Is this one verified a girl or just a disfunctional boy?

I think it's fun, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this little influx as of late.

You ever see Alien 3? Girls do disrupt the peace, but they're fun nonetheless. Maybe someday Amy will play!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Lots of females play WoW, i know that for sure. More their type of game really.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I am shocked at your response Clue.  Zero obviously hangs out there to meet women.  Sounds pretty smart to me (grin)

Umm... No. I play it because I also enjoy RPG's when they do not suck like EQ and SWG.

Girls playing CS are few and far between...but has anyone noticed that as of very late there's been several pop through?

Melanie (who I"ve not seen back since then)

Emily (the spazola)

and last night I saw someone named Kelly with a [GIRLZ] tag on.  Is this one verified a girl or just a disfunctional boy?

I think it's fun, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this little influx as of late.

You ever see Alien 3?  Girls do disrupt the peace, but they're fun nonetheless.  Maybe someday Amy will play!

the spazola?? haha, uh, i personally do not agree. ;)

I also saw the kelly person, don't know if its a girl, some girls get really defensive about it. i dunno. i've also played around 6 mmorpgs, including WoW, so i can see why they are enjoyed by women.

i dont see how CS has that much of a learning curve, though. maybe the fact that i really have no strategy besides rushing? but besides learning a few buttons, it's not that hard.

GC Founder

I think girls bring the fun to CS without all the ego. In general, my experience has always been that they enjoy the game and the conversation, etc, that, at its root, is what GC is.

Personally, I think we should run a 2 for 1 GC special to increase our membership! But the problem with that is we'd have a bunch of our regs changing names and making their little sisters talk on the mic once in a while so they could save $25!

I'm going to personally implant myself into Trouble's AIM window and make a daily attempt to tear her from where she resides now (a galaxy far, far away).

the [GIRLZ] clan that I am familiar with played HL:DM (maybe CS, i cant remember) back in the day... they were in fact all girls and though we trounced them pretty solidly, they were a nice bunch to play against. My clan (SMS) went against them a number of times and It was a running gag since my handle at the time was 2 letters different from their clan leader's... =p

Good luck tearing trouble away. I left SWG ages ago and wouldn't go back, but most days its more appealing than CS. (As is playing on your own computer rather than shelling out ridiculous sums of money for CSS and an upgrade.)

GC Founder

You lost me on the rediculous sums of money part. I bought HL when? Then I bought HL2...to play CS. So, let's say HL in 1999. Let's say I spent 40 on it for a total of about $100. I'm spending $17 / year to play CS. Not bad!

Unless you're mostly talking about the cost of the PC to run the games? Anyways, let's not stray too far. I agree, girls are generally more fun and more pleasant. The biggest problem is what happens to the 16-18 year old boys in the server when they realize there's a girl in the room.

What we need are more girls with admin who wouldn't be afraid to use the slay like it was their job!

Unless you're mostly talking about the cost of the PC to run the games? 

Aye. This is what I meant. My system is by no means old but im doing good to pull 25 fps in a firefight in CSS and I know alot of people who have older systems than mine that used to be CS regulars.

Anyway, again, not to deviate from topic:

/agree on female admins. They tend to be cooler headed and heck, I'd like to see some guy get moron-slapped the next time he makes an off-color remark. Makes me feel sorry for girls that play when that happens. Would love to see a little payback.

acid flux: i spent 20 minutes trying to get that british kid to say 'voundabar!" for my own personal amusement. alas, no dice.

i've played cs with this one girl from utah for years now, i've been trying to get her into the server. she doesnt play much cuz she has bad ping.

as for getting more girls to play as gc, i'd say only if experienced. i wouldnt want this to turn into a 'girls join free' server, it'd be really distracting!!!