Contender?

Fatty

I've never gotten into a reality show....actually, I've always avoided them like the plague. I sometimes watched the Biggest Loser because I liked the fact that those people were changing their lives in a very healthy way....

But tonight starts the contender...and maybe it's my age...Rocky, Rambo...of course I'm the age of a Sly fan.....so I'm gonna give it a shot tonight.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

GC Founder

I loved it! Maybe it's cause I'm not a real boxing fan or something...but I got into this show. The first match tonight went back and forth the first 3 rounds...was amazing...second round was a total surprise.

The Mrs. just told me that it's on again on Thurs, then will normally be on Sunday at 8 or something? Weird schedule....dunno. I'll be tuning in!

One thing I really loved was that, because it's obviously filmed prior, they are able to slow it down matrix like on the good shots....makes the actual fighting really cool.

I saw some ads about that show and just plain forgot about it. May have to search for some shows. You know there is always someone out there doing caps of shows and sharing.

The wife has me into Survivor. 8P) Though The Amazing Race can be good.

And to go way OT...24 is great. Other than the bluder tonight...Gimme the ethernet address now!! *rambles off the MAC address*...heheh.

Fatty i watched it too, and i loved it.. What i liked about it was this: All the real fights ive seen were live, this being recorded the added all the awsome special effects to the fight, like slowing down when the punches were thrown..

The first round was amazing, i thought the little dude was gonna get stomped. Then you see with the slomotion all the punches that he was avoiding, and it was amazing.. Ill be watching it again..

watched the 2nd half. It was prety cool. The underdog won, and they were both great sports. Neat show.

One of the guys in the show offs himself after he goes home from the show though...happened a few weeks ago :(

GC Founder

I actually was rooting for Gomez (wasn't that the smaller guy?). My wife thought he was smack-talking...I just though he had heart and was going for it all. He came through for his team. He against what I throught I heard was supposed to be the best fighter on the other team.

I watched the re-run of it last night on CNBC. I liked it.

I was rooting for Alfonso Gomez. Even tho I didn't think he would win. He just doesn't look like much of a boxer. Man, was I surprised after that first round. He went after that guy. Second round he almost went down, thought he was done at that point. But, he stood his ground and worked the other guy over.

The other guy Peter Fernando Jr, looked like his head just wasn't in the fight. It just didn't seem like he was taking this thing that seriously. Or he totally underestimated Alfonso Gomez. Kind of felt bad for the guy, since that was the first time his daughter watched him fight and he lost.

BTW, which guy off'd himself?

(edited)

boxing is a manly thing. not so manly are the reality tv shows that get frequent use in my household. Tv is only good for me for sports. Here's the favorites of my fiance' (and thusly me :thumbsup: )

bridezilla

outback jack

survivor vanuatau

project runway

nice n jessica

america's top model

soon bravo is doing a reality show on owners of show dogs. She is EAGERLY anticipating that one.

Edited by normal

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
One thing I really loved was that, because it's obviously filmed prior, they are able to slow it down matrix like on the good shots....makes the actual fighting really cool.

Yeah, like the Rocky movies. :)

Get that out of mah contender topic.

Another good show tonight.  Hmmm....wonder if we could get a ring setup at FragFest....

Oh yeah, I call first dibs on Fatty!!!!! :boing:

The only reality TV show I watch with any vigor is the apprentice....did catch biggest looser when my wife was watching it and agree it had some merit. As discussed in the tool shed way down at the bottom of the forums I also enjoy Extreme Home MakeOver.

Now on to topic....Contender came on tonight after apprentice and I watched it and loved it. From the commercials leading up to it I thought it was a stupid idea and was presently supprised after watching last night. I liked both of the guys who fought, had much respect for both of them after seeing their little montage of their lives. I was pulling for the guy who won though (he scared me the first round there, thought he was gonna get rocked). He impressed me calling out that other guy though. Nobody on their team had the guts to put him in his place except this one guy. Before they met Forman I would have been pulling for this guy, but his attitude change (its all about himself) makes me hope he gets beat by that other weenie. Sorry, can't remember names, hope you can follow...lol