Xbox 360

EbilDustBunny

Comes out Tuesday! I was going to wait but... me I'm a pack rat for tech. Tenchosexual? (Term that describes a person with a strong aesthetic sense and a love of gadgets.) Shiney things are nice...

Gonna grab one and the Need for Speed: Most Wanted game...

Sad fact: 360 is NOT backwards compatable without the hardrive. Infact there's other things it can not do with out a harddrive.

What!? I thought these weren't coming out until '06? Well, hopefully Microsoft will make PS2s mistake of coming out too early. Now Sony is gonna be like "PWNT!" and reveal a more powerful PS3, then all the Microsoft fanboys will have nothing on thier crappy system, since PS has always had the better line-up, just not the better machine.

Ya im with YoMamma, we are a Nintendo family.. I wonder if Microsoft went with ATI for graphics this time because of Nvidia's insider trading last time with the xbox?? Remember that? The employees of Nvidia learned they were gonna make the graphics chips for xbox and went out and bought a ton of Nvidia stock?

360 screenshots more info over there...scroll down i have a post with all the xbox 360 specs

Those are some pretty screen shots. 360 is tempting, but I still gotta wait for Nintendo or PS3. In the past I've ONLY bought Nintendo systems, with the only exception being Sega Genisis. But, once I heard the PS3 will play Blue-Ray movies, I was tempted to look into that system.

Microsoft went with ATi and IBM because it wanted control of the IP. Nivida and Intel refused to do that; ATI and IBm were willing to sell the designs. This wayMicrosoft can contract manufacture the ICs and see any savings when process reduction comes around.

I'm buying a 360 and boycotting Sony due to the stuff their music division has been pulling.

I have like all the systems except xbox... totally didn't like xbox, it sucks. Reading about it was cool and you can see that they made a real improvement, but when the 360 demo stand went up... it was too awsome. I could actually use all the buttons on the controller. Call of Duty 2 is awsome btw.... and there's some nifty arcade games I don't remember how I got to them on the console but they were fun fun fun! (prolly because of the colors and neat sounds)

Anyways it'd be a benefit for me to get the 360 because I can get free stuff from microsoft... perk of my job. I don't really have to buy games after I get the 360 and one starter game (because I can't wait for shipping).

Yeah about PS3 they have alot of time to make changes to their unit to one up the 360. I kinda like the 360 hardware design better. Still going to get a PS3 too... right now I'm trying to buy a new tv stand for my room, so it can hold the ps2 and the 360 and my cube... and all the other junk that's just cluttered up in my old tv stand.

360 screenshots more info over there...scroll down i have a post with all the xbox 360 specs

Those are some pretty screen shots. 360 is tempting, but I still gotta wait for Nintendo or PS3. In the past I've ONLY bought Nintendo systems, with the only exception being Sega Genisis. But, once I heard the PS3 will play Blue-Ray movies, I was tempted to look into that system.

That's why you just get them all! $2500 collection and growing. I think four of our consoles don't have a place on the desk we use for them.

Amen, I will no longer buy sony products because of the DRM on their new cd's. It doesnt matter if they recalled them or not.

With that said, I may pick up a 360 eventually. I feel that the xbox was much higher quality than the ps2. I have never liked playstation in the first place.

Edited by Metallurgic

I never had a problem with sony... and that spyware thingy. Still planning to get the PS3. Going out to BestBuy and camp with friends tonight. Gonna buy two and auction off the second one on Ebay for double the price so it pays for my box. Yeah That sounds bad but I'm not one of those idiots runing around store to store buying boxes. I just want to break even... I'm a college student need I say more?

EbilDustBunny, what does your name mean anywoo?

It's a combo of two long running things with me and my friends I guess. I have like ADD or something and thus a short SHORT attention span... I've been cught chasing dustbunnies during class alot. And Ebil... that's just saying I'm not evil. Even if I try I'm still nice... I can't help it, I have a problem saying no. etc etc... silly isn't it?

BTW I got my XBOX! Anyone get there's I have a couple questions~! :luxhello:

GC Alumni
Mario Kart DS came out! Im gonna buy that as soon as I feel like leaving my warm room.

Try to hook each other up with WiFi :)

Tell me how "good" the 360 is, Ebil.

It's awsome It's networked to my router and my PCs... and I'm streaming my music on it. Chatting it up with other users on Xbox Live.... trying to figure out if my HD is really suppose to be 12gb in size. LOL

Need for Speed: Most wanted is cool... they have actual actors playing the characters in the game. Stupid cop keyed my car :o ! Designing a background to set into my switchboard.

---update---

Had to delete all the trailers and movie and extra media infor thet loaded on to my box for my 20gb

Edited by EbilDustBunny