What kind of internet do you have

Terribleone

What kind of internet do you have??  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha, I was just thinking ISDN :)

And do you see the need to distinguish between "slow" cable and "fast" cable? And "fast" cable and "faster" cable? Same goes for DSL as well, I guess: Usually you can break up the offerings on both lines as something like less than 1 Megabit per second, roughly 1.5, and greater (usually 3-5 Mbps). I wouldn't think it'd be worth splitting up, too many choices, but just to be a nitpicker and add nothing constructive...

[/toll]

Dialup for teh w1n!!1

once, I gamed from work...work was in the same building as the ISP and directly connected to their network. They had over 100gb of bandwidth. I frequently downloaded at over 7mb/second (depending on the host server)

those were the days.

Dialup for teh w1n!!1

Ouch. We have SlowSpeed Dialup at work. It's a special feature of SBC Yahoo! Pay for regular full speed dialup, then connect at 24k :boo:

It's like shoving icepicks into my eyes doing anything on the net there. Had a SBC Yahoo tech checking the lines for me for nearly an hour on chat. (yeah, basically said "hello, slow connection. Why?" and that took forever) Eventually when he had gone through everything and verified that yes, I'm not a moron, and knew how to set the system up that "it is what it is, have a nice day." <_<

Keep telling the boss to just get highspeed, but he wont. Then he complains when it takes me 35 minutes to ship a package at fedex online. :bang::bang:

Dialup for teh w1n!!1

Ouch. We have SlowSpeed Dialup at work. It's a special feature of SBC Yahoo! Pay for regular full speed dialup, then connect at 24k :boo:

It's like shoving icepicks into my eyes doing anything on the net there. Had a SBC Yahoo tech checking the lines for me for nearly an hour on chat. (yeah, basically said "hello, slow connection. Why?" and that took forever) Eventually when he had gone through everything and verified that yes, I'm not a moron, and knew how to set the system up that "it is what it is, have a nice day." <_<

Keep telling the boss to just get highspeed, but he wont. Then he complains when it takes me 35 minutes to ship a package at fedex online. :bang::bang:

tisk tisk tisk some people! :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

I remember playing TFC, QTF and others with 56k. It was like a slide show. Almost had to get an email from someone if I got a kill. Then cable internet came out and I was one of the first to get it in my town. Before I knew it I was always the first to spawn on TFC maps. Almost felt bad for the 56k'ers who hadnt got cable yet. :D

I've got one, I remeber connecting to heat.net to play Duke Nukem on my 14.4 modem!!. Lets just say it was impossible, but in 9th grade my buddy and I had Duke Nukem installed, one of us would setup the machine to wait for the phone call. the other would dial his number and the computer would answer and we had our own private game. Man those were the days.... haha