Number of Car Accidents

Brillow_Head

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1) in my high school parking lot i plowed my best friends mom. My fault.

2) in high school i hit a tree going 85mph and double compound fracture my femur. My fault.

3) 2 months ago some old guy pulled out in front of me on a very busy road, i had to hit him. His fault.

A two lane road was going into one lane and second lane was going to the right (it was curbed). Knucklehead didn't want to let me in the lane and accelerated, i had to turn right abruptly and too fast. my left rear wheel knocked the curb and my axle was bent. I don't know I prolly should've not tried to go first. If I had a faster car it wouldn't have happened.

im an agressive driver with road rage and Im always on defense defense. I can't tell you how many times I have seen what was about to happen and if I didnt guess they were going to do soemthing stupid, there would have been a wreck and it not be my fault.

such as, going 5mph on the interstate, looking into my rearview to see a lady sliding at me about 50mph with smoke pouring out the back from the burning rubber, quickly switch lanes and watch her slide past me and then off the road.

or how about looking up from changing the radio station and seeing this fat lady in a van coming straight at me, luckily she left me with about 1/2 of my lane, which gave me enough time to swerve off the road, narrowly missing a mailbox.

I think some people should just not be on the road......

Brillow I cleaned up that poll...not sure why you numbered them...weirdo. Then again, you married recently, which means you automatically stopped thinking straight.

First car accident I was a passenger in discussed here, in You be the Doctor IV

I was also driving in one where I pulled out and some dude was speeding down trying to make a turn arrow. He skidded for about 50 feet (of course no skid marks) and smashed me up....but I was in his lane...ended up no-fault/no-fault. The kicker was that I was pulling out of the detail shop just having my windows tinted and light covers put on...talk about instant high to low. "Man, my ride looks sweet...BAM" :( (this was the infamous black s-10 many of you have seen in pics (http://www.fragfestohio.com/ff03/03picalbum/pages/DSC04597_jpg.html) back in 1992.

Some young gal blew a red light... I turned out in front of her at a near by gas station. She plowed into me, and it was still my fault. Get that! Well my car was totalled and she was able to drive away. Trailblazer>passat But her airbags didn't deploy and she rapped her head on the stearing wheel.

Here's a pic: You can see both airbags popped and the front is shifted over a couple of inches..

CAR4.JPG

1 time...driving my x-companies van, they were stingy on repairs and i was young and dumb...breaks were squishy and one time i noticed the light was red too late, slid through intersection and nicked this nice lady's brand new mercedes...put an inch wide hole in her tail light...company paid for the $1000 repairs outside of insurance...still my fault

But I have a few "watch other people be dumb and get in accident stories".

1. Driving in one of the middle lanes in a 4 lane highway, some slaphead comes tearing up behind a car behind me, tailgates it, ducks over, tailgates next car, ducks over, tailgates me, ducks over, tailgates car in front of me, and this time he clips the the car sending them both spinning back and forth between 4 lanes of traffic and highway speeds (about 20-30' in front of me). 1 hits the the median, the other goes in the grass. I was shaking after that one.

2. It's February, no snow on the ground. My gf and I pull out of the movie theater, and there's a mustang and a CR-X pacing eachother, each going about 2mph. They do this for about 400 feet before I honk my horn. I guess that was the signal to race, because they both peeled out. I used to drive a Mustang, so I know how bad their traction is. The Mustang almost IMMEDIATELY starts wobbling and the driver loses control of the car. It slams into the CR-X, sending the Honda to the grass on the right. The Mustang recoils and spins over the median, through the oncoming traffic, and into the ditch on the other side. I stopped to make sure everyone was alright, then I drove off.

3. The most recent one was about 2 months ago. Near work, there's a road set up where it merges into one lane, and that one lane merges onto a busy street. Kind of a nightmare to begin with. So I'm following someone on a motorcycle just before the lanes merge. The car behind me decides going 10 mph over the speed limit isn't fast enough, so he speeds up to pass me. But he didn't see the motorcycle, so he had to speed up even MORE to avoid hitting the biker or going off the road. Just as he barely misses the biker, it's time to merge again. There's a semi there, and since he didn't want to brake right behind the semi, he cuts over to the next lane. There's a taxi going even slower than the truck, so he cuts over to right one more lane. But see... the thing is, there WASN'T another lane. He was driving on gravel, kicking up white dust everywhere. He cuts off the taxi, and keeps on going. Man, that guy was nuts... there were about 4 distinct opportunities for the biker to get killed... not to mention anyone else.

Some young gal blew a red light...  I turned out in front of her at a near by gas station. She plowed into me, and it was still my fault.    Get that!  Well my car was totalled and she was able to drive away.  Trailblazer>passat  But her airbags didn't deploy and she rapped her head on the stearing wheel.

Here's a pic:  You can see both airbags popped and the front is shifted over a couple of inches..

CAR4.JPG

Mags, I would have sooooo taken that lady to court and made her insurance pay for the damages AND your court fee's. Gets my goat that you were still at fault when the other person's act of violating street law actually caused the accident...not this "entering from a driveway" bullcrap.

I was a passanger on this one.

Started snowing in Oct of my junior year of HS. They let school out at 1PM due to road conditions. I'm riding in the back seat of a beast Caprice going down the interstate at 45mph. We come up to a mild turn in the road before it heads striaght north towards our exit. The back end kicks out too fast for the driver to correct. We 180 and are going backwards toward a guardrail at 30+mph. The rear left tire and bumber slam into the guardrail and flip us sideways.

I'm not wearing a seatbelt and the back windsheild shatters out. Only reason I didn't get sucked out the back was the trunk lid popped open and was wrapped over the top of the car, sealing off the back window. Didn't stop about 4 tons of wet snow and dirt from planting a small garden in the back seat.

We roll twice and come to a stop on our wheels. We get out screaming choice words. Two cars behind us stop to see if we are okay and call the cops.

Then a snow plow goes accross the bridge that is above us and dumps a crud ton of snow right on top of us. :)

Mags, I would have sooooo taken that lady to court and made her insurance pay for the damages AND your court fee's.  Gets my goat that you were still at fault when the other person's act of violating street law actually caused the accident...not this "entering from a driveway" bullcrap.

You have obviously never dealt with "no-fault" insurance...it's a Canadian thing and would cause you to self implode...definitely the one thing I'd change about this frozen north if I could...if I ever get hit by some bozo breaking the law I'm going to do everything I can to stop my insurance from going up (and trust me nothing will work :( )

Mags, I would have sooooo taken that lady to court and made her insurance pay for the damages AND your court fee's.  Gets my goat that you were still at fault when the other person's act of violating street law actually caused the accident...not this "entering from a driveway" bullcrap.

You have obviously never dealt with "no-fault" insurance...it's a Canadian thing and would cause you to self implode...definitely the one thing I'd change about this frozen north if I could...if I ever get hit by some bozo breaking the law I'm going to do everything I can to stop my insurance from going up (and trust me nothing will work :( )

No-fault insurance? Is that anything like no-fault divorce. I sure hope not.

Delerious after a 14-hour schoolday, with minus 20 degree temps, made a left turn across 2 lanes of traffic when 2 gigantic SUVs were also trying to make a left turn in the opposite lane, blocking my view and waving me on. Got t-boned by a 16 year old who was speeding, not posting about fault here though (legal reasons). Neither of us was injured, her car was totaled, and I continued to drive my white 1994 Dodge Caravan with it's side smashed in until it fell apart a year and a half later.

I have hardly driven since, yay for bicycles and public transit!