How about a How much do you weight poll?

Vovik

How much do you weight?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in with the majority of the people. I have a serious weight problem, I swear, my metabolism is non-existant. I take a bite of a burrito, I gain 243467671 pounds.

All my life, I've barely eaten anything. I drink milk and water, mostly water, all day, every day. I go an entire day on a bowl of salad, and a sandwich, or something equivalent in that amount and before I got my own place, I was 250+, and now have slimmed down greatly from eating even better and working out. I still look big though, I was built with a large frame :(

I'm in with the majority of the people. I have a serious weight problem, I swear, my metabolism is non-existant. I take a bite of a burrito, I gain 243467671 pounds.

All my life, I've barely eaten anything. I drink milk and water, mostly water, all day, every day. I go an entire day on a bowl of salad, and a sandwich, or something equivalent in that amount and before I got my own place, I was 250+, and now have slimmed down greatly from eating even better and working out. I still look big though, I was built with a large frame :(

You gotta run. Metabolism depends heavily on heredity, vascular health, diabetes, and Vitamin B complex. You can control two and a half of these aspects. If you are diabetic, you can manage it to prevent further weight gain and revitalize some of your metabolism. Also, weight training builds lean muscle mass, which in turns makes vascular exercise more effective. Muscle burns calories, so more muscle mass means MORE food intake is possible and LESS running is necessary to burn fat.

Oh, and stay the heck away from Atkins. That only induces keostasis (which reduces lean body tissue and impairs the brain).

That said, I'm 170... somewhat toned, but I am getting a LITTLE bit of a beer belly. On my sides. I guess they're "love handles," but I call them "disgusting freak-a-boo sackage biscuits" and they must go.

Edited by J. Dunlavy

Right at 200 atm. Start my new workout routine on Monday. Gonna start getting up at 5am and hit the elliptical cross-trainer for 30 minutes each morning before work. Then I will be taking an hour out of my work day on Mon, Wed & Thurs to workout (Courtesy of the US Government). :peace:

i range between 200-250+, i got a big frame, when i was a frosh in high school i was a puni 180, when i graduated i was up to 225. after that i gained some nice muscle then lost it when i got a silly desk job, now i have to wait til summer so i can play some hoops and get some exercise other then work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the easiest motivation ever for working out.... i took weightlifting and conditioning as a college class. this means a few things: first student loans are wonderful things and pay for it, you have to show up and do the workout or it hurts your grade, you are on campus anyways so might as well go work out!!! now we shall see how well this works, and if i get back into shape again imma go kick Mo in de face!

• 3 weeks later...

6'1" @ 168lbs

The sixpack hasn't been replaced with a keg yet, but the beer's definitely gone flat, due to the "Hey, Sean, it's a day ending in 'ay'! After work, we're going out for beer and wings, eh?"

I'll never be built, but at least I won't let myself become a pear.

Edited by Norguard

5'8" and 130. I'm one of those lucky individuals with a high metabolism (it's hereditary -- my dad's the same way). I definitely have 0 muscle mass tho, but that's okay, i'm kinda lazy anyway :)