What do you do? Part Deux

Sir Shertown Pimp

Saw this thread down the way, figured I'd resurrect.

I'm a second semester freshman at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth and I am majoring in Electronic Business. No regular job currently but thinking about getting one from the school next semester. Worked at Domino's pizza all last year as a pizza maker dude, was fun as all my best friends worked there with me.

I am a software developer for a small St. Louis based company called Product4 Inc. (no one in the company will admit to knowing why we're named that either).

We make bank software.

It's a blast...except I'm lying about that part.

I am a senior at Greenville College in Greenville, IL. I work at school doing deliveries and also do spot work at Radio Disney AM1260 St. Louis. I am engaged right now and am just having fun starting my last semester.

• 1 month later...

Printed Circuit Board Designer for the scoreboard and large scale dynamic video and audio communication medium manufacturer, Daktronics.

Our stuff was in Ford Field. They had a nice mix of older lampbank driven stats pannels, game clocks, nice newer ProAd's that went around the facia and two end zone ProStars...more commonly missnamed JumboTrons

I work as a Medical Technologist; MT (ASCP); at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.

I am also a part time law student at Salmon P. Chase College of Law. I am at the end of my 2nd year (of 4). At the close of this semester, I hope things get easier. :)

Junior at The Ohio State University double majoring in marketing and international business with minors in spainsh, computer science, economics, and chinese. Whew, that was a mouthful.

I've been working for a gaming site on and off the past few years -- www.mrfixitonline.com. Got to do some neat little projects with them, so that was cool. Interned with JP Morgan Chase the summer before, and as for the summer to come? Well, still looking :)

Recruitment manager for the ERP division of Atos Origin (if you think you know the name it's probably because we're IT partner to the Olympics).

In short, I'm responsible for finding and hiring our consulting staff across the US and Canada.

Lev

Edited by Leveller

I work for a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical and medical products company called Abbott (formerly Abbott Laboratories). Abbott owns a lot of other companies (like EAS) and produces lots of different types of drugs (Biaxin, Humira, Norvir, etc).

Don't worry -- I have nothing to do with the drug production. Something about someone named "Unclean" working in a sterile environment manufacturing drugs just didn't seem right. So I'm a developer that creates interfaces between different data warehouses. These databases are freakin' huge too. My first week here, my boss stops by my cube with a logical design of one database. It was the size of a poster, filled from edge to edge, printed in size 6 font. Yay development! :)

Network Engineer for a company called CACI. We work for the orginization known as DISA (Defense Informations Systems Agency) which handles all of the DOD classified and unclassified networks. Been working for them for the last 3 years now, not a bad job at all. Get to visit lots of interesting unknown sites and some of the popular classified sites.

i'm a professional deadbeat. in some regions, this rare species is also referred to as a "degenerate."

i've been in school since 2002 slowly hacking away at an undergrad degree...which has changed focus an aggregate of 4 times. i'm currently on track to transfer into cal polytechnic university at san luis obispo (whew) by summer 06.

that's assuming i get my application in somewhere between being a tyrannical admin, a compulsive cs player, a forum stalker, and my 7 classes.

...and i'm unemployed. i hope that grant money starts showing up.