NEW CAR

g@!dEn

Ok i am looking at possibly buying a new car when i graduate from college this may to reward myself for finishing all my schooling. But i am not sure what to get. I currently have a 2001 honda civic lx with 70,000 miles on it. it has some work done to it. I can't decide if i should keep the civic and put about 6000 into fixing it up adn making it look adn drive nicer or if a should be a new car.. The new cars i am thinking about are

1. Scion xB

2. Rousch Ford Mustang

3. Nissan 350 Z

4. Mazda RX 8

5. Mazda 6

6. Mistubishi Eclipse

7. Dodge charger

8. Chevy HHR

9. Ford Fusion

10. Nissan Altima

So if you could help me pick one of those 10 or tell me if i should keep the civic taht would be great. Thanks.

Like SJ said stick with the honda.

Get a job and a house before purchasing a new car. Cars are what they are nothing more than getting you to point a to point b. If the civic has lots of issues that may cost you lots of money in the long run, then go out an buy a used car that will fill your needs for the time being.

House first.

Nice car second.

my 2c

Out of all the cars you have listed there, I would probably pick the Altima.

I prefer german cars myself, american cars arent even a consideration for me anymore,I used to be die hard GM, but all the cars in this country are steadily going downhill in quality and uphill in price.

The Honda that you already own is a heck of a good car too.

• 3 weeks later...
Out of all the cars you have listed there, I would probably pick the Altima.

are you kidding me, an altima vs a rousch mustang?

a rousch mustang vs a 350Z?

holy crap dude get the mustang for sure. A guy I work with has one and Ive been on a few rides in it.

nothign you have listed compares to it, but that is not the kind of car you want to drive every day.

I did the "just graduate and got a job now I want new car" thing.

I decided that if your going to invest money, invest in new.

I purchased on a few principles in this order from most imporant to least.

1) Price: Can I afford it now? Can I afford insurance now? Can I afford both later? How much am I paying in interest...and is it worth that much extra figured into the initial loan amount?

2) Features: Do I care about ABS, Traction Control and side curtain airbags, or a spoiler, sunroof, and dual exhaust? Will any of these increase/decrease my insurance?

3) Dependablity: Will I have the loan payed off before I start pumping repair money into it? How good is the warranty?

4) Economy: Do I care that it has xxx horsepower or xx mpg? How big is the gas tank and how much will my wallet hurt at the pump?

5) Usability: Is it handy? Can I use it for easily for different occasions or is it for looking great while getting form point A to point B?

6) Commonality: Is it something everyone and their dog owns or is it unique enough to satisfy my new car urge?

Right off the bat, I would not put a Mazda6 in the same class as the other cars. Its a decent car, but you can get better quality for same price. I bought it cause 3k in rebates, 0% APR, under 300 a month in payments, lifetime oilchanges, 25-31 mpg, ABS, Traction, 5-spd, side curtain airbags...and I love the styling. Also has 50k waranty...not bad but its limited.

The seats are rock hard. It has the weakest alternator I've ever seen in car. (Power windows make the headlights dim). Milage is on par with 25 on highway, but well under in city...a bit disapointed.

Having come from a rear wheel drive Mustang in snowy winter area of the country.....I LOVE FRONT WHEEL TRACTION CONTROL AND ABS. Dont know how I lived without it.

Like I said, good car, has its good points and bad points...but look elsewhere first.

I'm a fan of an Ultima or 350Z (I <3 350Z)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please dont rice out your civic....

Get a Nissan 350 Z!!!!

dont do it, have you ever sat in one of those? there all plastic and hard to drive. All of the apolstry felt like it was about to snap off in my hands. Plus it handles really bad on gravel roads. (minnesota driving)

get a mazda RX-8, now those got REALLY good ratings. But i have never checked them out myself.

<<sinister voice>>

You cant resist the 1.3 litre rotary engine..........

197 horsepower with automatic

238 horsepower with manual

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

1. Scion xB - Ugly as Sin

2. Rousch Ford Mustang -Eeeww Eeeww Double EEEwww

3. Nissan 350 Z - girly car

4. Mazda RX 8 - please dont

5. Mazda 6 - too familyish

6. Mistubishi Eclipse - only curvy men drive these

7. Dodge charger - sexy

8. Chevy HHR - hideous

9. Ford Fusion - um....eeww?

10. Nissan Altima - Too boring

<<sinister voice>>

Rotaries dont generate good HP at low RPM so they are slugish through the low to midband. I'm thinking thats why a manual generates 41 more HP is cause you can rev it higher at each gear.

Two words "Apex Seals." They create the seal at the edge of the piston durring the compression and combustion stage...all the pressure on those little seals. Push the motor too hard and "PING!!" your motor needs to be rebuilt. Also I think the spark plug has to fire for more than 2 cycles with 2 spark plugs per cylinder... (2 cylinder = same # plugs as inline 4 cylinder but half the life expectancy.

Fewer moving parts is good. Worse gas mileage is bad.

You want a rotary...find someone with a well kept RX-7 twin turbo with the optional 3 cylinder motor with the lengthened apex seals.

Think the car that Vin D drove durring the first street race in Fast and Furious. That car is da bomb.

• 1 month later...
<<sinister voice>>

Rotaries dont generate good HP at low RPM so they are slugish through the low to midband. I'm thinking thats why a manual generates 41 more HP is cause you can rev it higher at each gear.

Two words "Apex Seals." They create the seal at the edge of the piston durring the compression and combustion stage...all the pressure on those little seals. Push the motor too hard and "PING!!" your motor needs to be rebuilt. Also I think the spark plug has to fire for more than 2 cycles with 2 spark plugs per cylinder... (2 cylinder = same # plugs as inline 4 cylinder but half the life expectancy.

Fewer moving parts is good. Worse gas mileage is bad.

You want a rotary...find someone with a well kept RX-7 twin turbo with the optional 3 cylinder motor with the lengthened apex seals.

Think the car that Vin D drove durring the first street race in Fast and Furious. That car is da bomb.

i checked out the reviews for the apex seals and how much you get MPG wise, YOU BURN A QUART OF OIL EVERY 8,000 MILES!!

you shattered my dreams.......

• 1 month later...

seriously.. get the stang.. im coming from the same boat.. had an acura rsx and just got a new mustang gt.. and golly gee!... the torque.. it finally feels like my car isn't being dragged 10 malnourished ethopian kids..

that or the 350z.. those were the two cars i was lookin at..

also.. the stang takes 87 unleaded at the pump :)

although it guzzles it like no other :(