GC CSS TWL

stutters

a couple of you had been asking about this, so here's the official beta preliminary preplanning.

in the name of fun, getting to know each other, and straight up pwning, who would be interested in playing on a .gc team in the twl ladder?

but please, consider the following...

- this is NOT region specific. this MAY mean your ping WILL NOT be ideal. our match server would most likely be in chicago.

- not everyone may make this as competitive as you'd like it to be. fun first and foremost.

so, are you interested? this is an open invite to anyone wearing a gc. no recruiting, no trying out, just reply with something witty. oh yeah, we need at least one person (with experience) willing to step into a captain role. you'll get to be the official cracker of the whip sole bearer of the responsibility (and/or delegation of said responsibility).

if we have enough interest, we can do a round-robin style roster, create multiple teams, or (insert suggestion here).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heys . We have 2 twl teams in xt, so heres what i can tell ya..

you can have several ladders with one team: 2v2 3v3 5v5 8v8 etc.

Times will never be the same. Its based on times chosen by either attker or defender (forget which)

You dont feild enough players, you forfeit.

Having 15+ peeps on a team isnt so bad at all. With diff ladders, and each one matching say 2x per week, you may have 8 matches a week at varying times. So al arger team would help to ensure better availablity.

In all , sounds like a GREAT idea!! ( but count me out.. gc + xt-cal + xt-twl is enough for me)

also, Id recommend one captain ( or founder etc) with at least one other co-captain or Jr captain or something. With the diff ladders and matches, gets tuff for one man

Edited by Laz.e.rus

I'm in! I'm sure there are a few other [EH?]'s that would

like to do this as well. Although I would LOVE to captain this

& feel I could do it, I think there are people much better qualified

for this. *cough Mag, Brill, Ice Berge cough, cough*

Also I have [EH?] to shoulder. (ROFL, yeah a lot of work there!)

GOOD TO GO! :angry:

Edited by wayfarer

I might be in for being a backup/sub/occaisonal player. Actually I'd probably be interested in playing more often but dont' really have time to commit to always being available.

For now I'd say don't count me as a definate yes.

Oh, one suggestion/comment I'd like to offer from an old vet of Cal/organized play:

I don't mean to scare anyone away, but everyone signing up should understand that signing up does mean "some" level of commitment. It doesn't mean you're signing on to be available for every match, but it does mean that if the team has to forfeit a match Everyone is responsible.

I'm sure there are a few other [EH?]'s that would

like to do this as well.

I'm sure some other GoCI guys will join.

[EH?] & GoCI....work together? Do we dare set aside our differences

to conquer the world & once & for all defeat the evil <<XT?>> NEVER! j/k

I might be in for being a backup/sub/occaisonal player.  Actually I'd probably be interested in playing more often but dont' really have time to commit to always being available. 

For now I'd say don't count me as a definate yes.

:unsure:

everyone signing up should understand that signing up does mean "some" level of commitment.

Agreed! Your joining something here. You will have to put in some effort.

Note---you can have more than one team if it is anything like UT. Such as: Awp team or scopless team providing they have those. Don't look at the CS side of TWL much. Unclean is a good choice in my opinion considering he has the TWL knowledge steming from the UT side of it. Just thought I would put in my two bits. :peace:

BTW---I think this is something you all would probably really enjoy. :luxhello:

Note---you can have more than one team if it is anything like UT.  Such as:  Awp team or scopless team providing they have those.  Don't look at the CS side of TWL much.  Unclean is a good choice in my opinion considering he has the TWL knowledge steming from the UT side of it.  Just thought I would put in my two bits. :peace:

BTW---I think this is something you all would probably really enjoy. :luxhello:

Yeah, there were some good times with TWL. Primus can attest to that. :)

I hope I didn't send the wrong idea across here though -- I don't like regular CS:S, so you won't be seeing me anywhere but server 5 (if I'm on). Good luck with the team, though!

What's the roster so far? I need to know if I should start practicing so I can hopefully bring my A-game (which is usually 300-400% ratio). Lately I've been pretty "meh," and if I'm still that way in a few days someone else can take my spot and do more with it.

Then again, I don't even know if I have a spot... so... yeah... what's the roster? Time?

Sincerely,

Josh

P.S. People who play should have mics.