Let it die

EbilDustBunny

Ok I just got a phone from my ex-friend...

Anyways she is my ex-friend for a big reason. I haven't talker to her in like litterally 3-5 months(maybe more). She's never made admends to whatever she did to me. She still has my stuff at her place... she can keep it. Not worth the trouble.

If I recorded my phone call well you would seen how I went from peppy to like silent and well silent. Begining of the phone call she didn't tell me who it was...so you can tell that i was in like a happier mood. I didn't talk and I only said one or two really short sentences. Anyways... I don't really want to post publicly whatever she did.... it's just not right. Plus I was eatign dinner which will be thrown away soon after this post.

She invited me to her 21st b-day... told her I prolly had to work, but she says i'm invited anyways. But don't you think after 3-5months it's too late?

GC Alumni
(edited)

On the scale of what she did... it was up around stealing and sleeping with someone elses boyfriend(girlfriend...you know vice versa). She raped my trust... and killed what ever trust I had left with other people which was already microscopic. I don't think I can rebuild a burnt bridge like that. (and i think it was 6 months) I can't just pretend like never happened.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

You don't have to rekindle the close friendship, nor do you have to forget the past.

There's nothing wrong with being cautious or guarded. Extend some common courtesy at first and take it a little at a time.

Duke says it best. Life is too short to keep conniving women around. There are too many other women to keep cheaters and whores around. Personally, I would burn this bridge of yours since, with you not even attending this party of hers, it is already causing you grief enough to post about it.

A band-aid must come off with one fell swoop.

Ok I just got a phone from my ex-friend...

Anyways she is my ex-friend for a big reason. I haven't talker to her in like litterally 3-5 months(maybe more). She's never made admends to whatever she did to me. She still has my stuff at her place... she can keep it. Not worth the trouble.

If I recorded my phone call well you would seen how I went from peppy to like silent and well silent. Begining of the phone call she didn't tell me who it was...so you can tell that i was in like a happier mood. I didn't talk and I only said one or two really short sentences. Anyways... I don't really want to post publicly whatever she did.... it's just not right. Plus I was eatign dinner which will be thrown away soon after this post.

She invited me to her 21st b-day... told her I prolly had to work, but she says i'm invited anyways. But don't you think after 3-5months it's too late?

nah... never too late to get back with old friends, even if there used to be trouble. People change and sometimes for the better.

I know from a hard life myself, that I have severed ties with both family and friends because there are things that are simply just unforgiveable. I know I'll never forgive them for it because many of these grudges have gone on now for 6+ years, and the distance from them I find, only increases the pettiness I see in their actions, so here's my advice to you: I have forgiven people and let them go based on one thing - Am I better off with, or without them in my life? Only those that can benefit you, whether physically or emotionally, should be a part of your life if you have to overcome some sort of obstacle to be back with them again. I know my post is a little harsh, but from an outside perspective, it's always easy to say "love and peace", but that is not always the reality when it comes to dealing with those that SHOULD be yourfriends and family.

On the scale of what she did... it was up around stealing and sleeping with someone elses boyfriend(girlfriend...you know vice versa). She raped my trust... and killed what ever trust I had left with other people which was already microscopic. I don't think I can rebuild a burnt bridge like that. (and i think it was 6 months) I can't just pretend like never happened.

I assumed it had somthing to do with a guy, money or another "friend". :D

If this person was a good friend at one point, I would say that trying to admend things is worth it. People make mistakes, we all have. It isn't easy to forgive. I would never advocate forgetting either... take it a step at a time, see if she is trying to work up to an apology. Even if the friendship is never rekindled, you will be a better person (and feel better about yourself) for giving her the chance to apologize. I'm also one that has been burned several times, and don't trust people all that much. BUt I always force myself to at least give the chance to the person to make a move... this may be her first move. In the end, it is up to you, but as others said above, life is truly too short to live with a grudge... allow her to apologize, and make a clean break if you so choose. If she doesn't say anything, lay into her about it, and walk away feeling good about yourself...

just my 2 cents.

I say screw it, she's obviously not worth more than 3 seconds of your time, making amends might land you worse off than you were before and she obviously doesn't deserve your continuing friendship. So don't hold a grudge, don't hold anything, block her number and send black roses to her on her birthday...

just ask youself if this friendship is stronger than the bond bw you and that other girl/boy. i had a best friend's gf that cheated on him with another good friend. but us guys are still friends and that girl is history. stronger bonds....choose. but choose wisely.

i STILL say go for the open bar.

"we're going streaking up through the quad and into the gymnasium! come on everybody, come on! snoop, snoop-a-loop! no, it's cool, it's cool, i'm cool. bring... bring your green hat. let's go, come on everybody we're goin'."