PC RENTAL SIGNUP

Fatty

Can we bring our own headset? Keeping in mind my headset, and mouse would

need to be installed to be used.

Yes, you can bring your own headset, mouse and keyboard.

*update*

Escape play expects no problems providing a PC loaded with CS:S and any other Valve related game. They will make sure everything is updated a week or so before FF.

That will be $5. Pimpin' ain't free, brother.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Founder
ill take one if they let me linux it up...cant hurt to have another server...or maybe we use it for the windows only based servers.

Contact them if you want to discuss any OS changes for use as a server. Explain who you are and what you want to do. I'm not sure what they'd say about that, but they might be lenient for the event server admin and use as a main server.

I wonder if I should make sure people are registered to go to the LAN before they reserve a PC.... Eltargrim, you plan on reserving your seat soon?

Yes, I made the mistake in PayPal or requesting funds from my bank instead of doing the instant transfer. It should be ready to go on 3/8.

GC Founder

Keep in mind that at this point there are only 10 PCs for rental left.

Ebil, CSS will be on the machines, just bring your information so you can log on through them if necessary. I'm not sure, however, if that will be needed as they probably will have a LAN permit thingy....so dunno.

Guest dorfman12
Guest dorfman12
Guest dorfman12
Guests

Hi, Fatty and Duke asked me to introduce myself. I am one of the owners of Escapeplay.net. We are very excited to be helping out at this years Fragfest and hope to make this a long term thing. First off a big thank you on both sides should go out to Rezurektion, who is a friend of mine and is the person who got both sides interested. I do have to admit I am not much of a computer person or a big time gamer, I handle alot of the business end. I will answer the questions I can and those I can't I will get answers from the main owner. We only have 16 computers at this time in our store and looks like we might have them all rented for Fragfest, which means we will close our store and all of us should be around to meet everyone at the fest. In addition we have set up to have our big screen tv set up with our gaming consoles. In June we will post a list of games installed on our computers and a list of console games we will have at the fest. If you want to bring anyother console games, feel free. This year the console station will be a side event for breaks from the computers. If it is recieved well we might host tournaments next year on some games. If you have any questions you can check out our web site at www.escapeplay.net which has the computers listed and the games loaded.

If I end up going, I will most likely be renting a pc. Less stuff to take over, and these PC's are better than mine. I'll probably just bring my mouse.

You should probably make a decision pretty soon if you want to rent one.

My gut feeling tells me they will not be available for too long.

Hey those PC's from Escape Play are nice, I go there once a month for their $30 lock-in's all night long gaming, as of late though I have built my own PC, AMD 64 x2 3800+, ThermalTake Armor Case, 2GB Corsair XMS DDR 400, 2 eVGA 7800 GT's with 2 DVD-Roms one being a DVD-Burner with a 19" LCD so I have been taking this one to Escape Play for the lock-in's just a tad bit better from what they offer, lol, but it's worth the money you will pay to rent them, great machines, I played mulpitle games and had not 1 problem with them, Quake 4 ran awesome on them as well as CS and UT

Will all the units have HALFLIFE 2 pre installed O_o.... we still need our steam log in stuff too.

did I ask a bad question??

They have CS 1.6 preloaded on most of the PC's when I was there in Feb for the lock-in I did load CS:S on one of the machines there, lol, you will need your own steam ID to log in and use steam, or at least in Feb for the lock-in that how it was. Steam is loaded on every machine though

(edited)

This is awsome, don't put me down or anything. However, as soon as my friend gets signed up *along with me* this would convince him to come. He has a crappy old P4, (the first ones that came out) and when I tell him this, I can't wait to see the look on his face. :luxhello:

*Post 42*... So this must be the answer to life.

Edited by Allanon754=US=

That will be $5. Pimpin' ain't free, brother.

But it is easy--more than $2 and you're treating me like a tourist in Tehran.

Anyway, I'm afraid to sign up now because I don't know if I'll have the 70 bucks but it sure looks like a nice machine to use for the weekend and I would be in trouble if my machine went down. Yikes, I better keep an eye on this thread and go pick up some aluminum cans to recycle!

• 2 weeks later...
This is awsome, don't put me down or anything. However, as soon as my friend gets signed up *along with me* this would convince him to come. He has a crappy old P4, (the first ones that came out) and when I tell him this, I can't wait to see the look on his face. :luxhello:

*Post 42*... So this must be the answer to life.

Wait... I just realized this post :blink: You talkin bout me Allanon? Cause my old PC is one of the ones from... back then o0o My new one is fine.

P.S. I thought I was waitin on you...

• 1 month later...