I was bored

MrDuke

All of this banter was in good fun. This guy was a riot!

Duke: Hi. I'm calling to see where I rank on the waiting list for season ticket holders.

PBSteelers: Okay. When did you sign up?

D: Jan, 2000. I figured I might be kinda close. (I give my personal info and he looks it up)

PBS: Ah. Well, Brian, the system is such that we are only processing new season ticket holders at around 2 or 3 a month. Nobody wants to give them up right now.

D: That's fine. The 2 or 3 people you signed up this month, when did they sign up to be on the waiting list?

PBS: 1991.

D: Oh... Well listen, if you happen to find a couple of gift certificates to Outback in the mail, could I get my season tickets faster?

PBS: Only if you signed up in 1992.

D: (sigh). Ok, I have a question about the seat licenses. How much does a license cost?

PBS: $2700 per seat.

D: What? Dude I live near Cleveland. Licenses are like $500!! (Not really knowing how much)

PBS: Then go watch the Browns. <He chuckles>.

D: You get that a lot don't you?

PBS: Every day.

D: How do you get away with treating people like that?

PBS: Cuz we're the Pittsburgh Steelers.

D: Good point. See you in 10 years.

PBS: Thanks. Have a good day.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who waits 10 years, let alone 10 minutes for anything Steelers!!!

<ducks and runs>

You can run, but you cant hide.

<looks at radar with beaper showing Mini's location>

:hug: my Steelers

Heck, you've been waiting 5+ years for a quarterback! :biglaugha:

With the exception of Droughns, I can't think of any fantasy players from the Browns.

Oh wait. Dawson, the kicker!! What a stud!

Ya I have my season tickets for the Cardinals for the last 16 years..never been and issue..oh wait they are not the PBS.. :-)

GO CARDS...SEE YOU IN GAME ONE PRESEASON!!!!

I tried doing the same thing with the Chicago Blackhawks. A few years later, they were so bad that season tix were super cheap and readily available. With a little luck, the stealers will be really bad for a few years and your tickets will free up!

For a minute I thought I was going to have to love MrDuke but then realized he has 10 years before getting the coveted Steelers tickets.

I wonder if they are the hardest to get in the NFL?

Hell, in Cincinnati I think you can still get tickets on game day;)

Chief...the Steelers had a few bad years here recently and the tickets didn't get any easier to find.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Do not worry Duke, after they bomb out this coming season, you will have your season tickets in no time. Patriots will be back baby!

For a minute I thought I was going to have to love MrDuke but then realized he has 10 years before getting the coveted Steelers tickets.

I wonder if they are the hardest to get in the NFL?

Hell, in Cincinnati I think you can still get tickets on game day;)

Chief...the Steelers had a few bad years here recently and the tickets didn't get any easier to find.

Yeah I don't think so, I went to college in Milwaukee, big packer fan town of course. The waiting list for Packer season tickets is measured in decades! As in about 3.5 to 4 decades.

I wonder how long the list for Argo's season tickets is? (especially now that we have ricky williams)

*calls about tix*

Ahhhhhh....there's a waiting list to get rid of those season tix....good thing i called from work!

ok i must be confused. Why does it take so long to get season tickets? can't you just go in and buy them?

Yeah...along with the other 3+ million americans who love football in the area

Think of it like this, just about every NFL team has a following like the Toronto Maple Leafs does in Toronto, but there are about 10x the amount of people who want tix (well maybe not the Bills...)

ok i must be confused. Why does it take so long to get season tickets? can't you just go in and buy them?

Supply and demand. 10,000 decent seats at the stadium and 500,000 local fans and businesses that want to sit in them.

The key is that if you already have season tickets you have first chance at buying them the next year. So if there are say 20,000 season ticket holders and 19,500+ people choose to keep them, there are only 500 or less season tickets available for sale each year. If the waiting list is 50,000 people long... it would take 100 years to get from the end of the line to the front. My numbers are way way off but you should get the idea.

DNA
(edited)

I got to go to some packer games with no issues..just picked up the tickets and went..OHHH wait..Ya that was the strike year..NOW THAT WAS A GOOD YEAR FOR FOOTBALL.. :)

Edited by -{ATCG}- DNA