Ebil Lappy

EbilDustBunny

So what do you think? I can buy RAM cheap from newegg or what not.

-------------

LCD Display:

15.4" WXGA XBRITE-HiColorâ„¢ with built-in camera

Graphics Card:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

Hard Drive:

40 GB Hard Disk Drive

Movie Pack:

None Movie Pack

Processor:

Intel Core Duo Processor T2600 (2.16 GHz)

Memory:

512 MB DDR-SDRAM (DDR2-533, 256 MBx2)

Wireless Lan:

Wireless LAN (802.11a\b\g) and Bluetooth Technology

Optical Drive:

DVD+-R Double Layer DVD+-RW Drive

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005

Battery:

Standard Capacity Lithium-ion Battery

------------

TOTAL: $1764.99

------------

Haven't decided if i really want it... cause it is 1.7k

Just looking for advice... I want something that will not suck in a couple years. It's not for gaming... but it should play some games...like that spores game coming out in 2007. <3 I want to be able to use all my media apps on this little guy.

---------

swap out the processor for Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 (2 GHz) price = $1513.99

Edited by EbilDustBunny

momz sounds more like my dad right now...lol

I'd hold off on that laptop for a little while...LCD screens are going to drop in price across the board by 2007 as well as 801.11n will be coming out soon which you'll definitely want

Also if you're going to get it as a Media Center, get an ATI mobility card with AVIVO which is much better than any nVidia card for that kind of application (IMO)

Here's another one. Looks to be the same as the previous one I posted. Only it's from CompUSA. Not sure if you have one of these near you or not. And it's a bit cheaper.

Yeah mo, I was thinking the same thing. Wondered if anyone else would see the irony in it. :D

I bought this from e-bay for 333.00

Up for sale is a used HP\Compaq NX9010 Notebook Computer.

I rate this computer is rated a 7 of 10. It is in good shape showing a little age but still able to perform.

Specs:

3.06Ghz Pentium 4 Processor

512MB of Memory

40GB Hard Drive

802.11G Wireless Network Card

15.4 Inch Screen

CD-RW \ DVD-ROM Drive

Floppy Drive

Software:

Norton AntiVirus 2005 “6 month Trial�

Spybot - Search and Destroy

LavaSoft - Ad-Aware SE

Adobe – Acrobat Reader 7.0

The hard drive of this machine was low level formatted and loaded with Windows XP Professional SP2 and all current updates were installed. It is ready for you to use at home, school, or work.

id never spend ~2k for a laptop

if i needed to be mobile, theres lots of $500 laptops that handle that task

fo shizzle... Laptop's purpose == mobility. Desktop == power and games.

Putting a conroe is a machine that will never reach 75% usage is a waste of money. You said it wasn't for gaming, but you want it to play spores.. My suggestion is don't half arse it, if you want to play spores, your going to need more RAM and a better video card.

GC Alumni
(edited)
momz sounds more like my dad right now...lol

I'd hold off on that laptop for a little while...LCD screens are going to drop in price across the board by 2007 as well as 801.11n will be coming out soon which you'll definitely want

Also if you're going to get it as a Media Center, get an ATI mobility card with AVIVO which is much better than any nVidia card for that kind of application (IMO)

>_< that doesn't help if I want it for this semester.

And when I say "media apps" it includes AUTOCAD 2007... I heard Turion64 isn't ideal for running it... I know desktop is always going to be greater then lappies but I live an 1 hour from college... and well I'm running out of options.

I never needed to use AUTOCAD before... but I'm suppose to for this semester and figured I'd just do it at home but the course outline says there's going to be group projects... which I didn't expect.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

(edited)

check out what you can get for a wee bit more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834220039

i'm VERY happy with my asus notebook i bought 1 year ago.

14.1 inch is perfect for travelling. mine is 15.4 and if i was to buy a new one i'd get a smaller one.

note the 8 cell battery as well. don't be fooled and get one with anything less.

Edited by Cujo

check out what you can get for a wee bit more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834220039

i'm VERY happy with my asus notebook i bought 1 year ago.

14.1 inch is perfect for travelling. mine is 15.4 and if i was to buy a new one i'd get a smaller one.

note the 8 cell battery as well. don't be fooled and get one with anything less.

Nice find! but I'd be paying for what I don't need... like that MASSIVE hard drive... I have a 500gb external... i feel like I'm set for life and my PC only has that 74gb raptor... 100gb makes my head spin. Plus I can buy one that's cheaper and install myself... that goes for the RAM too. That gfx card is sooo much better on the asus lappy, but I dunno... I can drop the processor to Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 (2 GHz) too and only be spending $1563.99.

This is what I've been looking at:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....uctSKU=M1NBSU06

All I'm interesting is the gfx card, processor and burning drive...because I can't upgrade those later on. I can with ram and the hd. Does this sound rational?

(edited)

wow that sony adds up fast.

if you're gonna get a low amount of ram now and upgrade later get 1 stick and a second down the road.

technically you can upgrade the processor later as well. only things like the gfx card or mobo you can't upgrade. you can even upgrade the screen down the road if you're crazy enough.

did you see the second review in that asus laptop? he specifically mentions cs:s which i thought was neat. also, don't forget about battery. any upgrade on a battery you can get is always worth it.

oh and shep not only is that laptop massive for a girl on the go but the 7400 is turbocache. in other words it uses system memory same as an integrated solution. yes it has some of it's own but it's also a budget gpu from nvidia. it's basically a 7300gs but renamed and clocked even slower for a laptop.

Edited by Cujo

so much for keeping it cheap. those bestbuy laptops are rediculously expensive.

get a nice small laptop, you will be happy.

like the asus i suggested.

btw, ebil it really seems like you have your heart set on a sony.

GC Alumni
(edited)
so much for keeping it cheap. those bestbuy laptops are rediculously expensive.

btw, ebil it really seems like you have your heart set on a sony.

It was either Toshiba, HP or Sony... I'd die before I get a dell... alienware is umm MASSIVE...(and dell now owns it *cry*)... I would of went gateway if I wanted a cheapo for uhhh mobility and not preformance.

out of all the configurations I did that one link to that laptop was the best i think...thinnnk

Yeah BBY didn't exactly stocked what I wanted and well the price diff wasn't all the impressive if the unit is already on sale lol.

Edited by EbilDustBunny