GC and people in it.

Franny

Hello all.

I didnt show up on forums for a while, I didnt really see any reasons to post. Times have changed though.

What I've noticed is that counter-strike means a lot more for certain people than just a game.

So yeah. Don't you hate when people tell you what to do? Especially when you are doing something you are good at. Ok let me put it this way. Most people on gc are cool. I never had a problem with them and never will, I am pretty sure. I am not perfect, no one is. Maybe sometimes I get a little frustrated, I might say something like - random, or wow, or something else. It has no personal reference or offense whatsoever. If I have ever offended anyone - I am sorry. Attitude and behavior is one side. Gameplay style is completely different. So pretty much if I don’t rush 1st in the middle of the battlefield and die 1st - I am NOT HELPING THE TEAM. I AM NOT ASSISTING TEAM MEMBERS(they are most of the time dead) So why am I killing the most people? Why do I get top scores most of the time? Why do I stay alone against many and I win? Just because my team goes in there and rushes and dies, does not mean that I am supposed to go in there and rush and die like everyone else. And dont tell me that I was banned for "not contributing to environment". You will never get my money. EVER. Maybe soon you will ban me for... using AK47? or AWP? anything else? Give me a break. Show some respect and maybe I will too?

One of the reasons why I am playing on gc is because of my friend Vovik. We go to the same school together. We like playing on gc, its nice to be on a clean server in a good society. However certain people are just dying to make it worse for us. I am not even talking about those whining posts, like "Oh my Lord, Vovik and Franny are killing everyone! They "stack" and merp merp merp!!!... Reminds me of my 10 years old brother... Vovik has posted his answer in that thread and I totally agree.

Monthos. What was wrong with you? You accused me in... camping? Not going in there and dying like meat? Did I leave anything out? Tell me where in the "rules" I am not allowed to play my game? I am not allowed to wait extra 20 seconds before going in?

Magruter... What do you want from me? "GO AND GET THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!" So in your mind, I am supposed to be running forward and getting the bomb and getting shot? Is that what you want? Well, maybe thats how most people do it. What if I want to go around, pull a strategic move and flank them? What if I want to do that? You will ban me? I was playing CS on professional level and I think I can afford doing something out of the grid. Sorry.

Certain people get frustrated when they die. It happens to everyone. So what can I do if my "mad skillz" stick out? Does it make me a scapegoat? I dont even know why I am trying to prove myself here, probably because of my friend, or maybe I still like GC servers. I am glad there are a lot of people who are fun to play and talk with.. Like Fatty or M2... Fatty also had a very good point in Shadowdogs post too.

Anyways, I am done. Sorry if you feel like wasting your time by reading this.

I hope you will understand me, people.

Peace.

lol franny i dont really have any problem with you besides you killing me (which sucks) and that you guys dont play as team players so often... which in part makes the game a million times better. you can be a jerk sometimes when you do talk, but i guess its me either interepting your words to make you look like a jerk, or your just a jerk. either way it doesnt really matter because its not up to me.

lol franny i dont really have any problem with you besides you killing me (which sucks)

same here. even though it would be nice to see you guys even out the teams if you 2 are going on a massive killing spree and the other team cant do a single thing.

I am not allowed to wait extra 20 seconds before going in?

My comments started when you waited until the round was almost ever, and never left the spot. Also watching others die becouse it was not in your best interest to help out.

I also need to point out at this time I was on your team, so the chances of me getting mad when you were killing me were kind of slim. I'm also not mad about dieing to great players especially dieing against someone the caliber as you. Yes you are really good, I have absolutly no problem with that.

You are having fun, perhaps you dont realise the time your back there, or that the whole team attempts a rush, and has a much better chance with you in that rush. Of coarse you get a better score camping back, becouse you get to pick them off as they come in, sometimes that is a legitimate strategy. But every round, while others are trying to orginize a plan, and you silently just ignore it, with your own agenda, thats where the problem starts. It becomes an admin issue when it happens every round of the map, and people complain to admins and start leaving the server becouse of it.

This is a team game, yes its a pub so its not a competitive atmosphere, but its a community atmosphere and we should all try and help out, be courtious and play as a team. If you get a great score along the way, thats an added bonus. if you dont like the way your team is playing, try and coordinate.

Maybe soon you will ban me for... using AK47? or AWP? anything else? Give me a break. Show some respect and maybe I will too?

Please realise I am not condemning the act of camping, or any gun usage. Nobody is mad about these, please leave the drama and exaggerations out of the conversation. If the whole team camped , it would be different. I was a part of your team, you had no contact and surely ignored our attempts to attack. It was as if you were playing the ct's and the rest of your team was just sort of there.

As for the respect part, I have shown nothing but respect, the community has, you never returned it, you wont even help a team make a plan of attack. But when the obvious statement needed to be said to you becouse you were acting on your own, not for the team, your exact response was 'stop talking'. We gave you respect, you didnt return it, and instead shown me disrepect.

And dont tell me that I was banned for "not contributing to environment". You will never get my money. EVER.

This is not about money, being part of the community isnt about money, many here never gave a dime and nobody faults them for it. I am offended that you think thats what it is.

My comments started when you waited until the round was almost ever, and never left the spot. Also watching others die becouse it was not in your best interest to help out.

I also need to point out at this time I was on your team, so the chances of me getting mad when you were killing me were kind of slim. I'm also not mad about dieing to great players especially dieing against someone the caliber as you. Yes you are really good, I have absolutly no problem with that.

You are having fun, perhaps you dont realise the time your back there, or that the whole team attempts a rush, and has a much better chance with you in that rush. Of coarse you get a better score camping back, becouse you get to pick them off as they come in, sometimes that is a legitimate strategy. But every round, while others are trying to orginize a plan, and you silently just ignore it, with your own agenda, thats where the problem starts. It becomes an admin issue when it happens every round of the map, and people complain to admins and start leaving the server becouse of it.

This is a team game, yes its a pub so its not a competitive atmosphere, but its a community atmosphere and we should all try and help out, be courtious and play as a team. If you get a great score along the way, thats an added bonus. if you dont like the way your team is playing, try and coordinate.

Maybe soon you will ban me for... using AK47? or AWP? anything else? Give me a break. Show some respect and maybe I will too?

Please realise I am not condemning the act of camping, or any gun usage. Nobody is mad about these, please leave the drama and exaggerations out of the conversation. If the whole team camped , it would be different. I was a part of your team, you had no contact and surely ignored our attempts to attack. It was as if you were playing the ct's and the rest of your team was just sort of there.

As for the respect part, I have shown nothing but respect, the community has, you never returned it, you wont even help a team make a plan of attack. But when the obvious statement needed to be said to you becouse you were acting on your own, not for the team, your exact response was 'stop talking'. We gave you respect, you didnt return it, and instead shown me disrepect.

And dont tell me that I was banned for "not contributing to environment". You will never get my money. EVER.

This is not about money, being part of the community isnt about money, many here never gave a dime and nobody faults them for it. I am offended that you think thats what it is.

That is exactly everything i wanted to say... and i forgot to comment on the money thing... Yeah.. if you think we care about your money or that this community should go out of it's way to get your money... then your in the wrong place bud.

Guest ReadTHIS
Guest ReadTHIS
Guest ReadTHIS
Guests

OK... I am sick of this BS. I know both Vovik and Franny personally and watch them play. Quite amazed most the time to be honest. Their arms move at times so accurate it's almost unnatural. Vovik yes does love to camp a bit, and Franny does like to whine occationally but regardless this is a game, right? So monothos whoever the hell you are. You need to learn some simple logic buddy. You remind yourself its a game... and a pub... and then say that all people on a team need to move as a team? Like you even said yourself THIS IS A PUB NOT A PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE. Jesus... And you tell Franny not to be dramatic after he was banned from your servers because all you admins can't take a little competition. You whine about them stat whoring because you all suck too much to compete. If someone plays piano all the time and can't get any better a good suggestion would be stop playing piano you are wasting your time. So as I use the same analogy maybe all you whiners should delete your steam account and get a life.

Franny was banned for his attitude. Personally, i could care less about his play style. In a pub you can sit back with any gun and pick off people one by one and get a high score. If that's your playstyle then so be it. I have seen you join the easy side of every map and seen you leave if they start to lose. I personally don't think you're great, just decent.

Back to the topic at hand. Many regulars and members have complaints about your attitude more than your playstyle. I would ban you if you talked back or argued with me for telling you to move. That would violate the respect rule Monthos mentioned. The other admins here are more lenient and merciful. For all the problems you cause you just aren't worth keeping around. This includes chasing away the average joe pubbers that get angry because you like to stack teams on the easy side and waste their time by staying in spawn or camping. It makes it boring for others while fun for you.

There is a big difference between rushing and dieing like 'meat' and camping. Maybe try working as a team (team player), not baiting, not waiting to complete the objective until you're the last one alive. etc.

It is so blatant, annoying, and against GC's way of life, that players are actually not joining the server, or leaving because of it. Even though I probably have a + k/d ratio against you both, I also avoid or leave any server you're in.

That, combined with the attitude that "we'll continue to play how we see fit", regardless of the warnings - I fully support this ban.

Edited by mohawk

I have seen you join the easy side of every map and seen you leave if they start to lose. I personally don't think you're great, just decent.

Lol. Owned.

(I have no positive or negative input into this topic but I like that comment by poke and am all the way with poke for ppl who play like that)

OK... I am sick of this BS. I know both Vovik and Franny personally and watch them play. Quite amazed most the time to be honest. Their arms move at times so accurate it's almost unnatural. Vovik yes does love to camp a bit, and Franny does like to whine occationally but regardless this is a game, right? So monothos whoever the hell you are. You need to learn some simple logic buddy. You remind yourself its a game... and a pub... and then say that all people on a team need to move as a team? Like you even said yourself THIS IS A PUB NOT A PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE. Jesus... And you tell Franny not to be dramatic after he was banned from your servers because all you admins can't take a little competition. You whine about them stat whoring because you all suck too much to compete. If someone plays piano all the time and can't get any better a good suggestion would be stop playing piano you are wasting your time. So as I use the same analogy maybe all you whiners should delete your steam account and get a life.

hmmm who left the back door open?

Well in the motd there is a notice to play like a team. GC servers are not only a pub. They are more than that. Thats why I have stuck around. We show respect and when we do not, an admin corrects us and we start showing the respect that has built this community. Your post did not show any respect and therefore has no merit.

It would be nice to know who is behind the the mask though.

I have turned off my computer because vovik and franny were on the only populated server. If I cant play on a gc server, why bother with cs?

Edited by TheGeek

Franster...I'm not going to waste any time telling you what you've done wrong or why you're running into so many problems here. You know. You're not stupid. Please stop acting like you are innocent. Here's the point. You have to change if you want to stay here. You create a bad atmosphere in the servers. This is a social game so what others think of you is important. You also (even as a regular) represent the GC attitude while in our servers. If you can't act like an adult and bite the bullet then you should find somewhere else to play. Case Closed. Feel free to PM me about anything.

My problem with that round was, Rashad maned up and made a nice attempt to get the bomb into the left site on dust. Mean while you'll still on the T side of underpass camping it out with your awp trying to be the hero. You know rashad was moving the fancy radar tells you that. Just because you kill people doesn't mean you're contributing to the team there's much more too it. When the fatman plays, he's all about team, he'll lead the rush (and ask for the lead), he'll stand infront of a planting bomber just so he gets hit first, he'll take control of the team and call out strats. I know it's alot, and by no means am i asking you to contribute like that, but that's how i see a team player. Instead of someone that comes into the server with a different name with every connection like he's too good for everyone, or like he doesn't want to be a name in the community.. The only way i know it's you when i see you type top10, then it's pretty easy to see.

To add to what mag said, if you want to keep going under aliases and not be a part of this community... then why are you even posting here? most of the people within this community are strong leaders in the community or major contributors (if you think that meant money wise, then just leave now) to the GC name, the GC style, and the attitude we try to uphold. I type rank to just see my progress, not my progress against other players. I look at my skill points, not my positions, not my K:D ratio. i could tell you my K:D Ratio, i could tell you my position... but what does that matter? i look to see if im negative points or positive points. a kill i think is only 1 Skill point...

If you think getting kills, being the hero, fragging this guy or that guy, leading your team (in kills), is important, then i honestly, just dont want you around anymore.

Stop exaggerating everything to try and make a point, because whatever point your trying to make, it is not valid to this discussion. we are not people that cannot make up our own minds, we know what we see, we know what happens when we play with you.

i realize im not an admin, im not a board member or someone who makes rules/enforces them. But i have been playing here long enough to know that your game style and attitude are not accepted here, and i hope never will be.

So to conclude this post, either play under the GC rules/regulations or ask yourself, why are you even trying to continue playing here otherwise?

-Ross

P.S. i hope you didnt actually get someone to make that lame post by readTHIS... because that just further adds to my beliefs of your character.

Oh its much more than a pub! And until you realize that yer in the wrong Place bud.

And Monthos is the man thats who the heck he is:P

indEEd I would agree with Poke, Monthos, and Mo. Many CSS pub servers may include things like people running in every which way and others standing behind boxes letting their teammates die while they can get a knife kill. GC however is not like other pub servers as you probably already know. While I have no problem with the fact that you are very skilled, besides the fact that I can almost never kill you :), I do have a problem that your stats are more important then other regulars and playing with them. You have a choice Franny, as many other pubbers have on GC who have had similar problems, you can play nice and friendly or you can leave. We are not forcing you to stay on GC, only that you follow the rules we have laid forth. I know that I sometimes stay behind while the bomb is out in the open because I don't want to get beaten to a pulp by 8 M4's at once, but there's a difference between that and leaving the bomb lying while you slowly hunt down the other team.

I hope you will read this post thoughtfully and consider what has been said as I personally do not have anything against you.

Allanon.

My problem with that round was, Rashad maned up and made a nice attempt to get the bomb into the left site on dust. Mean while you'll still on the T side of underpass camping it out with your awp trying to be the hero. You know rashad was moving the fancy radar tells you that. Just because you kill people doesn't mean you're contributing to the team there's much more too it. When the fatman plays, he's all about team, he'll lead the rush (and ask for the lead), he'll stand infront of a planting bomber just so he gets hit first, he'll take control of the team and call out strats. I know it's alot, and by no means am i asking you to contribute like that, but that's how i see a team player. Instead of someone that comes into the server with a different name with every connection like he's too good for everyone, or like he doesn't want to be a name in the community.. The only way i know it's you when i see you type top10, then it's pretty easy to see.

props

Mav's quick quips:

1.) you don't know you're going to die unless you rush with the team...sitting back in the back and waiting means other people will do it too, thus the rush fails

2.) I don't have a problem at all fighting against stacked teams...usually...I like the challenge (yes, it's frustrating from time to time, but I usually only complain when people start to leave)

3.) I've only played with Franny once...and I killed him a bunch of times, and he killed me a bunch of times...didn't seem overly deity-like to me.

4.) I must say that when I played with him, he wasn't whining or even talking much, however certain admins reacted negatively as soon as they came in the server and saw him there. Give someone a chance, ask them politely to move, don't yell at them or immediately assume that they are going to be giant tools

That does it for me. I hope we can get this resolved and live on peacefully shooting each other in the faces...

:peace:

well said

Sigh. Can we close this now. Nothing constructive is being said here.

Shaftiel

I agree.

I disagree. Fran introduced us to his opinion, and now others have had a chance to respond. My own personal view to that is a productive conversation. Even if you disagree, in the least, nothing destructive is being said either. I'm keeping my eye on this thread (as I am sure other mods are), and if it becomes derogatory I will end it. However, Fran has opened a thread regarding a topic that ought to be discussed.