FragFest 2008

Windex

What do you like most?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry guys, Haven't been on the forums in AGES but anyways been playing in retro for the past few weeks and i must say i'm missing this group quite a bit.. and one of the many things i miss was FF03.. That was probably one of the best times in my life.. Sooo I ask that once again we have a Camp Out FF Party similar to FF03 (obviously FF has outgrown the original barn by about double or triple now) Anyone else agree?

Camping, Grilling, Gaming, Bonfires, Good times...

Playaa, have you been to the hotel?

Oh, and to answer your question: No.

There's a great deal of trade-offs between the two. For me, it's bugs and air conditioning, or the lack thereof at the hotel.

I'm interested, though, in what people in general think, so I'll add a poll to this (won't make a difference either way, we're not going back in time).

By the way, we could still take a trip to the swimming hole....it's not far at all.

(edited)

Definitely might have to arrange a trip to the swimming hole.. seeing Patriot show up with his face painted and then hittin that highdive was good times!.. and i thought i was cool having a bottle of Windex with me..haha

-Just a note -

I'm sure there are dozens of places in the mid-Ohio area that has a campground and hotel next to each other! Meet in the middle and give the wusses a hotel :) and everyone else a campsite :)

* and since I'm making the claim that there are in-fact "dozens" I'll help scout an area if it proves to be in large enough of demand

Edited by Windex

I am insulted that you would call me a wuss! I am just very spoiled with modern conveniences :P

Personally I like the hotel better because I'm not that big of an outdoors person, especially while gaming :). I have camped out before and it's not that I couldn't handle it, but come on... it's a gaming lan party... ya gotta be in where it's cool and chilly :P

yeah yeah.. cool and chilly, i'd rather be taking a break from the games and sitting around the camp fire watching Fish put lighter fluid in his mouth and see how big the fireballs get.. lol

i just think at the barn it was easier for everyone to open and be more relaxed, lan parties are infact about the gaming but its the times we share with the people while we are there that make them such a success

Windex, I agree with you about FragFest being as much about meeting the people you game with, as it is about gaming. However, we were able to that quite well the last 2 years in the hotel. Well, minus the fireballs, but there was some late night swimming, and tons of laughter all over the place.

You should come out this year. It might be bigger and indoors, but the spirit is still there I think. :peace::wiggle2:

I have not been to the hotel Fatster.

In reality I'm fine with either one...I just remember that I enjoyed the barn as a venue more than the garage (not that the garage was bad)...just felt more...homey...

(edited)

Alright so you all can quit dancing like you're going to pee your pants.... I'm signed up for FF07 :) Seat B10 (with ya shadowdog don't hug too hard lol)

Edited by Windex

I like the hotel idea. I'm not to much of an outdoors person either. Infact i'm not a camping person at all. I like beds and bathrooms and big areas. I also find it weird to play computer games outdoors. Kinda odd!. The only cool thing i liked about the FF02 (even though i wasn't there) was that picture of a Mantis on Mantis.

how late do they keep the pool open?

Ummm, the pool wasn't exactly open when aforementioned swimming was done, ;)

Then there was Nick Soapdish dumpster diving in the hospitality room. ;)

Seriously, it's a blast. Good times were had by all last year I believe. :)

how late do they keep the pool open?

I do believe they conveniently left the side door open. Dirtybird found it, lol. The water was warm :)

I blame the bar for closing at 2am...

hahahaha... good times, good times. The side door was missing it's lock.

do you think they fixed it? :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

don't talk down on mantis like that! mantis was one of our original test servers and provided alot of fun! some of OURRRRR first maps were on mantis :) i remember the house map you made!