Keyboard

Bewildered

My keyboard is OLD -- so old it has an AT connector converted to a PS2 connector converted to a USB connector.

Time for a new keyboard :D

Is there a particular keyboard you prefer for gaming?

Can the keys be taken out and moved around? (I use dvorak layout instead of querty -- and I want the labels to be correct).

I notice that some keyboards claim to have faster response times do to having lower latency -- does this matter?

Um.... its a keyboard. It has keys that you can use to type with. A $60 G15 doesn't type any faster, or make you headshot someone better, than a $9 keyboard does heh :).

Shaftiel

no, it doesn't.

but the LCD is sweet.. tons of apps for it as well.. just to name a few..

- ventrillo - identify who is talking

- media players - song / title

- monitor PC temps

- css statistics

plus macros for pw's etc

Oh, sheesh, macros? Man, you've come to the right place. How many programmable keys are on the left?

Type faster? No. Headshot better? Gosh, I hope not (though I did know a guy who was pretty good at moving and aiming solely with the keyboard...when Quake was starting to get popular). Keep tabs on vital stats better? No...wait, yes. Very much so. Keybinds? Yes. And that can be more useful out of game than in game, depending on what else you do with your computer.

Though if you're cheap, sure, I still use a PS/2 clicky keyboard. But I don't pretend it's as neat as a G15. Drink the Kool-Aid, you know you want to...

Edited by appalachian_fox

Can the keys be taken out and moved around? (I use dvorak layout instead of querty -- and I want the labels to be correct).

The difference between the layouts is the keyboard itself, right? I've never used a Dvorak keyboard, but I know from experience that moving around the keys on a normal keyboard doesn't make it type different, it just makes it mislabeled. :)

The difference between the layouts is the keyboard itself, right? I've never used a Dvorak keyboard, but I know from experience that moving around the keys on a normal keyboard doesn't make it type different, it just makes it mislabeled. :)

It can be the keyboard itself, like the one I have now. But you can change to US/Dvorak under the Regional and Language Options dialog in the control panel -- and that will map QUERTY to Dvorak.

My keyboard/mouse tray is only 28" wide, so I think the G15 @ 21.5 inches is out for me. That wouldn't even leave me enough room to maneuver away from Shaftiel and his P90 :D

Looking at those three I'd figure you can pop the keys off any of them and the letters are probably interchangeable (except for that the F and J will have marks on top). Of course I have only one thing to say about you if you have no need to type numbers... girly man. :)

(edited)
My keyboard/mouse tray is only 28" wide, so I think the G15 @ 21.5 inches is out for me. That wouldn't even leave me enough room to maneuver away from Shaftiel and his P90 :D

check out the new g15. it's not so wide.

don't see it on newegg yet but it should be coming soon.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboard...98&cl=ca,en

Edited by Cujo