Birthday present

mohawk

Alright GC'ers..

gf's birthday is this weekend (26th) and need some suggestions for birthday presents

budget - $300 ballpark

Ideas - She will be moving out of my apt and into her own in NYC soon, so maybe something along those lines.. past presents include digital camera, ipod - so those two easy ideas are out

quoted from a friend

"maybe he should get her like.. not kitchen crap cause thats lame like something romantic like bed sheets or soft things like i dno depends on like.. the girl"

As for my idea: Does she have a toaster?

Hmmm.. I would suggest going somewhere with her, instead of giving her stuff. Maybe book a weekend getaway at a B&B somewhere romantic. Maybe near a zoo or park of somekind. Its a little late for a flower field, but its the perfect time to visit a orchord that allows you to pick the fruit. The idea is to just have a nice mini-vacation to celebrate her. Cater to her, treat her like a princess. The memories will last much longer than any item you may get.

Hot air balloon rides are very nice this time of year, with all the changing colors of the leaves and such.

Just a thought :)

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

hot air balloon ride is a great idea.. but i actually took her on one for her birthday 2 years ago..

tell me more about this cab chit idea.. it might be right up her alley

Well here in Toronto you can get an account with a taxi company and they give you a book of "chits" which are basically little tickets and at the end of the month the cab company sends you the bill for the total of chits used. Kind of like a tab...might be different in NY, I have no clue how the cab system works there to be honest.