Hellgate London demo is out

bushwack

Finally got around to playing it. A bit disappointing, the game looks a few years old and overall gameplay is not what I was hoping for. It's just doesn't seem polished. Towards the end of one level I came across a pretty cool gun (after impact left flames on the ground) and killed a neat skeleton guy with it. It the game progresses like that it might be ok but as it is I don't plan on buying it.

Couple of weeks ago I picked up Titans Quest at Target and clearance for $5, grabbed the expansion pack for $5 too. :smillie_smilling: I played a couple of hours of co-op with my son and was impressed with the game, might try the solo campaign once I finish HOMM 5. To me Titans is a more polished and fun game, exact gameplay as Hellgate but in a different viewing angle and different setting. If you liked Diablo I and II then Titan's Quest is the next evolutionary step. Seems to me like Hellgate ripped off Titans like Titans ripped off Diablo II. :unsure::D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a demo, after all.

True that. When you get the real game, let me know if it's different than the demo in that regard and I'll consider changing camps :)

Will do, cap-i-tain.

Are you into the RPG aspect of gaming? WoW, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, etc?

I like some rpg's. I liked kotor 1 and 2 (but then again I love starwars). I played oblivion for a bit, but it was too slow for me. Pretty, but slow. I've played a couple rpg's before and as long as the storyline is decent I like them. I did like the speed for hellgate though.

I agree with you bush, though I was a little disappointed with the overall progress of teh gameplay/storyline. But it is a demo afterall.

• 2 months later...
May I assume this is an RPG? If so may I assume that it is along the lines of say Journeyman Project of 98-99 and Mist and so forth. I might have to do the demo for now and check it out.

Journeyman Project of 98-99 and Mist an RPG? :luxhello::biglaugha::luxhello::biglaugha:

No those games are what is now all but dead game type, adventure games. Oblivion, Baldur's Gate and even Diablo are RPGs. Think World of Warcraft.

Adventure games are not dead you are just not looking. Try http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/tac/

May I assume this is an RPG? If so may I assume that it is along the lines of say Journeyman Project of 98-99 and Mist and so forth. I might have to do the demo for now and check it out.

Journeyman Project of 98-99 and Mist an RPG? :luxhello::biglaugha::luxhello::biglaugha:

No those games are what is now all but dead game type, adventure games. Oblivion, Baldur's Gate and even Diablo are RPGs. Think World of Warcraft.

I would love Sierra/whoeverownsthelicensing forever if they would make another Space Quest.

I played SQ1-6 over the holidays again for the first time in a very very long time, and I still love them just as much as I did playing the first 2 on my dad's Apple IIgs when I was 6 (or thereabouts)

I would love Sierra/whoeverownsthelicensing forever if they would make another Space Quest.

I played SQ1-6 over the holidays again for the first time in a very very long time, and I still love them just as much as I did playing the first 2 on my dad's Apple IIgs when I was 6 (or thereabouts)

Space Quest, Kings Quest, Heroe's Quest/Quest for Glory, Camelot, etc. They were all amazing games, and I am dying for the genre to resurface. I'd play another one in a heart-beat if they would just come out with it. I don't know why they don't--all of those games were wildly popular, and there's more of a market out there for loooong games than ever before.

Dreamfall the Longest Journey is a pretty fun adventure game, you can buy it on steam along with the original Dreamfall for 25 dollars.

I have the Longest Journey and couldn't get into it. Anyone wants the retail game from me I'll ship it to you $10. :propeller:

Space Quest, Kings Quest, Heroe's Quest/Quest for Glory, Camelot, etc. They were all amazing games, and I am dying for the genre to resurface. I'd play another one in a heart-beat if they would just come out with it. I don't know why they don't--all of those games were wildly popular, and there's more of a market out there for loooong games than ever before.

Psssst...you're getting your wish...<runs off before you can get anymore details>

Psssst...you're getting your wish...<runs off before you can get anymore details>

don't worry mav, I got this.

<grabs beat-down stick>

uh, crap. I need a ride to Canadia, anyone give me a lift? :(

SPEAK OR YOUR LIES SHALL BE REVEALED!!

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
A little bird told me that there is a new Space Quest game in the works...ooooh yeaaaaah [/koolaidman]

great, now we gotta repair the court-room wall again <_<

seriously though, if that is in fact true, I will ship you a case of Labatt and stop calling the country "Canadia". I'm hoping it's a real licensed version - I know there are some fan-made ones out there!

Edited by boilersax

• 2 weeks later...
A little bird told me that there is a new Space Quest game in the works...ooooh yeaaaaah [/koolaidman]

seriously though, if that is in fact true, I will ship you a case of Labatt and stop calling the country "Canadia". I'm hoping it's a real licensed version - I know there are some fan-made ones out there!

Don't hold your breath, it was an interview with Mark Crowe in 2007 where he said that fans should expect a new Space Quest game, maybe 2009? Maybe 20009.

Don't hold your breath, it was an interview with Mark Crowe in 2007 where he said that fans should expect a new Space Quest game, maybe 2009? Maybe 20009.

yeah, I read the interview as well. I know it's probably never going to happen. Oh well, I still enjoy the originals, and thanks to dosbox, I will continue to be able to play them!

Edited by boilersax

• 1 month later...

Picked up HL last weekend at Circuit City for $27.99, I have a lvl 10 Engineer and a lvl 6 Guardian.. Very fun so far, anyone out there paying to subscribe or is there enough free content to keep me happy??

Picked up HL last weekend at Circuit City for $27.99, I have a lvl 10 Engineer and a lvl 6 Guardian.. Very fun so far, anyone out there paying to subscribe or is there enough free content to keep me happy??

Yeah...I think so, for now at least. Once you finish the game (I highly suggest just powering through it with a guardian) you will unlock Elite mode, which grants you a tougher game and much better drops (much much better).

I have a level 30 Blademaster Elite currently...don't subscribe either. I hear the next update is going to add some amazing new features and hopefully turn this game around as it's kind of dropping off the map, so to speak.