Gaming chart

Allanon

GC Alumni
(edited)
what if I have a 360 and a Wii? Does that mean I must have both real and internet friends?

Yes...but if you had all 3, that would mean you have both kinds of friends...but none of them really like you :P

Edited by Clueless

(edited)

Why would you buy a ps3 for gaming if you didn't have any internet friends? Mine goes online and plays multi-player just fine.

not to sound like a fan boy or anything... *SPOILER*

you can also create a user account and setup a friends list, join parties and play in the same game together!

shh.. don't tell the xbox 360 users that with a PS3 you don't have to pay to play with your internet friends either.

Edited by NOFX

Why would you buy a ps3 for gaming if you didn't have any internet friends? Mine goes online and plays multi-player just fine.

not to sound like a fan boy or anything... *SPOILER*

you can also create a user account and setup a friends list, join parties and play in the same game together!

shh.. don't tell the xbox 360 users that with a PS3 you don't have to pay to play with your internet friends either.

But 360 has the games :P

(edited)

I fail to see how people who own consoles and ENJOY them "don't like video games". The only major difference is one uses controllers and the other uses primarily keyboard and mouse. Hey Allanon, just because you have a phobia of anything that isn't keyboard and mouse doesn't mean that us other people "don't like video games". :P That, and I don't have 1110 hours to spend on "Guild Wars", whatever that is ;)

Some of my all-time favorite games have been on consoles. In fact, MOST of my all-time favorite games have been on consoles. Good luck convincing my parents that I really don't like video games because I like consoles :D

Edited by boilersax

What we need is some examples of why PC and consoles are different...and why the PC has the superior fun factor.

Here is my examplage: UT 2004. I personally have over a 1000 hours in this game, so my stats say but I don't believe it. UT 2004 was made for the PC but they made some kind console port after. Now when the next UT game arrived at the end of 2007 it was developed for both the PC and the console at the same time. I can still remember playing it for the first time thinking, I'm a n00b playing a console game on a PC. Most of the PC UT community is waiting for a console removal patch to be released for the game.

I fail to see how people who own consoles and ENJOY them "don't like video games". The only major difference is one uses controllers and the other uses primarily keyboard and mouse. Hey Allanon, just because you have a phobia of anything that isn't keyboard and mouse doesn't mean that us other people "don't like video games". :P That, and I don't have 1110 hours to spend on "Guild Wars", whatever that is ;)

Some of my all-time favorite games have been on consoles. In fact, MOST of my all-time favorite games have been on consoles. Good luck convincing my parents that I really don't like video games because I like consoles :D

I don't have a phobia Boiler... I just like the keyboard and mouse and better because I believe it to be superior in many ways. However some games ... like Super Smash Bros... will remain on the console and for that I am glad :D. I really don't see any reason to get a 360 or a PS3 and I honestly believe that if you really like the art of video games that the PC platform is better, especially at getting independent games out. However, this is not truth nor fact.

I simply posted this poster up as a joke :D

What we need is some examples of why PC and consoles are different...and why the PC has the superior fun factor.

+1 to the rest, but to sum it up ever more concisely,

PC includes twitch factor in aiming, console does not. That's what's so awesome about 2k4 and what is lacking in ut3 imho. It has a different feel - it's missing the twitch.

I think they both have their place. I love console for sports games like Madden and TW08...even hockey and baseball. But FPS's and any game with a massive environment like your WOW's and stuff..I think PC is superior. After all...if everybody here didnt believe that on at least SOME level...we wouldnt all be here in this community posting in this forum about it :D

Yeah

PC (mouse + kb) - Easy intuitive controls that even your grandmother can pick up and play (see: M2/SJ in CS:S)

Consoles (controller) - Not easy or intuitive. Takes practice, sometimes years to achieve the same level of "ability" that the same person would have just picking up a mouse and kb. Ironically, using a controller is the closest you'll get to actually being a grandmother in games (slooooooow turning speed lol)

Nice copy pasta All...needs more cheese though.

Yeah

PC (mouse + kb) - Easy intuitive controls that even your grandmother can pick up and play (see: M2/SJ in CS:S)

Consoles (controller) - Not easy or intuitive. Takes practice, sometimes years to achieve the same level of "ability" that the same person would have just picking up a mouse and kb. Ironically, using a controller is the closest you'll get to actually being a grandmother in games (slooooooow turning speed lol)

Nice copy pasta All...needs more cheese though.

How dare you criticize my copy and paste skills... I have spent years training and perfecting my technique and I will die defending it!