BIGGEST LOSER GC!!

Fatty

You missed ur chance back in 06. Dirty bird and Nick Soapdish tossed me in the pool at 3 in the morn.

I have a feeling if this goes thru, we should start on the low end of the pool, since I prob. will go far.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DNA

I missed it...sorry I got the flu last week and the GF had to have the old appendix taken out so I had not computer time.

I really need to lose some pounds, I think Shaft and I are in the same boat.

Edited by DNA

GC Founder

The home version of the game isn't out yet.

See if you can find another person that might want to join in, and we'll make a decision on Friday as to how we could do this. I'm more excited to see how much weight we can loose as an entire group than anything else, to be honest.

I will do that, I think the real motivated peeps are already in on it, but I agree in the idea of seeing how much we can lose.

I will do some numbers tonight and hope to find someone.

So here's a question for you kids then (especially my teammates).

I live out in the country, there are no gyms near me, I do not own a treadmill, I have a horrible weight bench that was cheap and misproportioned and I also have a bad back that I can't afford to get fixed (crappy insurance doesn't cover Chyropracter and he won't fix it in less than 6 visits).

Apart from just eating better, what should I do to lose weight?

For awesomeness sake, I've lost 4 pounds in the last 2 days just by eating salads for lunch and dinner. I'm the lightest I've been in 6 years.

I'm still contemplating whether or not I'm going to post my Before photo. Can I post it after I lose 40 pounds and feel good about myself?

GC Founder

My question back to you is: what can you do to break a sweat? What about DDR? Do squats while holding onto a chair....

I just think you're going to need to get a bit aerobic....get the heart pumpin....sweat has got to roll....

About the diet: Don't get on something that you're not willing to maintain for 100 days.....can you eat like that for 3 months? My stance on this one is focused on LESS.

For example, I'm cooking the other day....and while I'm cooking I like to snack. So, chips and salsa are my choice...instead of laying the bag on the counter, I take out a handful and set them on a plate, and put the bag away. To be honest, I might normally have eaten the equivilant of 4 or 5 of those handfuls that I put there...salsa isn't bad for you, besides all the sodium, so I piled it high on each chip.

Make little adjustments that you're willing to hold onto for this entire show.

The sweating is actually a strange problem for me.

The last time I really sweated for more than just heat outside, was all the way back in high school...but it wasn't for lack of trying.

As odd as it sounds, I'm to the point where my muscles are so used to not doing extended work that they give out before the rest of my body has time to get tired, so I end up not being able to walk any farther, but I'm not sweating.

Thinking about this...it makes me realize how overweight and out of shape I really am.

As far as the diet, I tend to like simple things I can make myself really quickly and I don't have a problem with monotony. When I get bored of salads, I'll just move back to plain rice with grilled chicken.

No, go for a fast walk in the country. One of the quickest ways to burn calories is to get your heart rate up and keep it at the accelerated rate for at least 20 minutes. I also heard a comedian who was on the real show (you know, "The Biggest Loser") and one of the main reasons he got kicked off is because after the first day of training, he didn't train with the team anymore. He said his roommate was a personal trainer and had given him some advice that the others weren't doing. When a person works out, their heart rate is increased. After about 20 minutes of this, the body will take about 3 hours to slowly "wind down". When you do only one hour to 1.5 hour workout a day, you only get the one 3 hour wind down. The more effective workout is to do 3x20 minute sets a day, with a decent amount break in between each to get the full affect of the wind down. So you essential do a 1 hour workout but get 3 times the effectiveness. The comedian got kicked off the show early but kept up his routine and ended up losing a lot more than those still on the show.

I'll give it a look Fatty. I heard it from a comedian on the Bob and Tom radio show (all I listen to on my iPod) but I'm sure there has to be an online version of it somewhere. And now that I think of it, it might have been the "Celebrity Fit Club" (or whatever) version of the show.

Edited by dwEEziL

Pilates will help strengthen the core muscles (so your back) and stretch them too. They sound girly, but if you are doing them right they are very effective. They also have ones that are easier than others, so you can start with easy ones and build from there. But to lose weight, you would need to do cardio along with these.

Edited by lostoften

OKay here is mine:

5'9"

220 lbs

39" waist

BMI = Bad

High BP, near stroke 16 months ago when BP went to 260/165...night in ER

Desired = 185 lbs

34" waist

Date: by FF

I am starting my program on Monday...lets get it on. I have nobody to join with me so I am going to just play along with you all. I think this is very good idea and will put $20 towards the winner (knowing it will not be me, but some in the comp). Just need the help with motivation.

Cheers!!