This ever happen to anyone here???

dragonfly

I just figured I'd share with you all what happened to me yesterevening...

I went to the gas station (shell) to get some bread because I dont have a car and there's no store close enough to walk to quickly. On my way home, I had to cross an intersection, so I was waiting for the lights. There were a couple of native girls about 18ish just arriving at the intersection, but I didn't pay much attention because I had my headphones in, listening to Within Temptation (ironically... you'll see what I mean).

So the one girl came up to me and said something (keep in mind I still have my phones in). I took the one out and asked her to repeat herself.

Girl: "Do you have any cigarettes?"

Me: "No, sorry, I don't smoke."

Girl: "Oh. Well then can I have a dollar? Or two?" *pleading look in her eyes. I think she'd practiced.*

I knew I had 2 toonies in my pocket and a little bit more change from buying the bread. Maybe $4.21 or something. ***A toonie is a 2 dollar coin, for those narrow-sighted people who know nothing about other countries***

Me: "One second..." *Fumbling around my keys to grab the change... Not mentioning I had $40 in my wallet*

I hand her the change and sorta lied, "Here, this is all I have on me." (Which is true, if you think about all the change I had on me... :P)

She looked super happy, "Awww, thanks!!!" and went to hug me. Sure, why not? People like getting hugs, right? So I gave her a hug.

While I was pulling away (this is where it gets interesting) she went up on her tippy toes and tried to kiss my lips!

Me: "Um, no." *pulls head back slightly, fortunately I'm taller than her, being about 6'2*

Girl: "Oh, ok, sorry."

Me: "That's ok, have a good night." *walks accross the street*

Girl: "Thanks, I will."

There you have it. I thought it was... interesting. Now I've shared it with all who've read it. Hurray.

Any other fun stories out there?

Haha, I love that sort of stuff. I had something kind of like that happen to me one night.

It was about 1 in the morning, I had been at the bar but hadn't had much to drink as I was tired, so I decided to leave. It wasn't too far so I decided to walk home, figuring the fresh air would be nice. About a block in front of me and across the street, I see this girl stop, turn, look at me, look away, and run across the street to my side. She stops "covertly" at a magazine dispenser (you know, those crappy free magazines that seem to be everywhere), pretend to read one, while "slyly" glancing at me, waiting for me to get closer. When I got there (and found she wasn't very attractive), this is the conversation we had (roughly, it was a while back) as we walked together:

Her: Hi, my name is R____ (can't remember her name, started with an R, never heard the name before)

Me: Hey.

Her: Got a name?

Me: Yup.

Her: What is it?

Me: Steve (not my actual name, I felt it was safer to tell her a fake one)

Her: Cool. Having a good night?

Me: Yeah, not bad. At the bar with a couple buddies.

Her: Yeah me too!

Me: Hm.

Silence for a few seconds. She stops.

Her: Well, this is my building. Want to come in?

Me: Nope.

I walk away.

I love main downtown streets at night!

She was scamming you for money for smokes. And "native girls about 18ish" == jailbait. Run...run away...run fast...run long.

Yeah, that's exactly what Jesus did, right? :P

And yeah, I still have my wallet guys :D

Funny story Peckles. :)

Never say "this is all I have"

She was trying to give you a present, more than the kiss.

I would have taken her to a walk in clinic, had her checked out, then off to my basement for 20 years.

This approach guarantees people leave you alone :freak:

But seriously...be thankful she didn't shank you, really.

@dark - what a weird story! Since it's always fun to speculate, think she had some emotional baggage where she thought that kind of thing was expected in return for small favors? And seriously, who kisses a complete stranger within 2 minutes of meeting these days?

@dark - what a weird story! Since it's always fun to speculate, think she had some emotional baggage where she thought that kind of thing was expected in return for small favors? And seriously, who kisses a complete stranger within 2 minutes of meeting these days?

Hookers. Swindlers. Natives.

@ dweez - Yeah, you really got me there. Blah.

@ Anon - I was thankful. If I wasn't expecting a kiss, I most certainly wasn't expecting a knife in my gut and my wallet gone.

@ unclean -Yeah, i figure most people carry some emotional baggage with them, but some more than others. I was just happy to help her out a bit.

Of course there's the ethics of do you give money to someone like that if they're going to spend it on cigarettes or worse... But I'd rather have to say at the end of my life that I tried to help out whoever asked for it as much as possible. She didn't look to be the type who needed a meal, so I didn't bother offering that instead.

Sounds like a 2000's version of Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves"

And anyone who goes clubbing?

(edited)

And anyone who goes clubbing?

I club baby seals, but I don't kiss on the first date.

Edited by NOFX

I was at the gas station last Thursday and the girl behind the counter says" nice car" I said "thanks" and said "it's a 69 Skylark". She says "It's a very nice car" I said "thanks I like it". She then replies " I bet that back seat would be fun". At this point I'm no longer very comfortable. She then said she was getting off in 15 min. I said " I'm married" and held up my ring finger. She says "Oh I saw the ring" And I said "I'm HAPPILY married" and then left.

Weird as crap IMO but it shows what a crazy place this world can be and why syphilis still exists when a shot of penicillin kills it.

Your story is better, mine was just a huge slut lol

I was at the gas station last Thursday and the girl behind the counter says" nice car" I said "thanks" and said "it's a 69 Skylark". She says "It's a very nice car" I said "thanks I like it". She then replies " I bet that back seat would be fun". At this point I'm no longer very comfortable. She then said she was getting off in 15 min. I said " I'm married" and held up my ring finger. She says "Oh I saw the ring" And I said "I'm HAPPILY married" and then left.

Weird as crap IMO but it shows what a crazy place this world can be and why syphilis still exists when a shot of penicillin kills it.

Your story is better, mine was just a huge slut lol

Can I borrow your car this weekend? :D