My computer is on LSD

akaM2

mookie said it already.

heat on the GPU.

I get that when I game for long hours on my laptop. (Where heat is an issue)

At first I thought it was the bad video drivers for vista, so I updated them, but sometimes still get the problem.

Yeah, those dust blowers are a good idea. Dust tends to really insulate the heat-producing parts of your computer, which means that the heat can't escape and will continue to build up... In any case, due to dust, I had a previous computer catch fire, which destroyed it. Of course, the fact that the dust was mixed with small amounts of drywall dust and sawdust probably didn't help any. In any case, I'd suggest that you go in, unplug your monster and then suck/blow the dust out of there (I'd suggest using a mechanical device, but if you, yourself, blow hard enough, it might work, or, for that matter, if you really suck...).

As was already said, check the cooling of your GPU. I had the exact artifacts when I used to OC my videocard core too much. This was on a radeon card, and the results are exactly what your pics showed. For the record those occurred with a core frequency too high, but texture corruption(halflife likes to make pixels of textures purple) occurs with too high video memory clock.