Alcohol

rackish

Well, I'm in this class called decisions, it's a freshmen class you take for 1 semester, and it's basically a class that teaches you about violence, drugs, alcohol, and sex. So I just learned about alcohol, and I leanred many, many things about it. I myself after taking this course do not plan on drinking until I'm 21, and even then I will not drink a lot. So yeah just woundering your thoughts on this drug, something new to the forums. Any of you have a friend or a family member have a close call with drunk driving or something realated to Alcohol.

thank you. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well every person in my family a generation older than me and up has been an alcoholic at one point in their life or another. Consequently I only have a drink here and there. Ive done the whole toast thing at all the weddings Ive been to in the last year(4 in my family :P) and I have a drink here and there at family gatherings and stuff but I have never and will never just drink to get toasted. Just my opinion and I dont look down on people who do. Just dotn want to fall in the footsteps of my family.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I am not a big fan of Alcohol. Never was. Beer to me tastes absolutely disgusting. I have the same idea as Chuckles, I'll have the occasional drink every now and then to you know get my fix but I have NEVER been drunk before. Not even a Buzz. Alcohol is teh sux.

If you have issues with self moderation problems then I would say stay away. But I think a majority can drink resposibly. I enjoy beer more then anything. Most the time with dinner and in social enviroments and the occasional kegger.

this is an odd topic. I am an alcoholic. Pretty bad too. I go to about 4-8 AA meetings a week. Court ordered. I am only ordered to go to 2 a week but i need more than that. If i have 1 drink I'll end up having 6. I have been going through periods of sobriety over the past 3 years but i haven't been able to stay off the juice. If you have any questions feel free to ask. o0o

Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guests

Nevar going to drink. Nevar have. Nevar will.

I don't see anything wrong with drinking now and then. But one must remember that what is ok for one person is not ok for another because 1) alcohol affects each person differently and 2) Alcoholism is a genetic disposition.

I had the rare drink when in high school (could probably count them all on one hand) because my dad is an alcoholic. He has been sober for 30 years now but I know when he did drink he was mean and belligerent (wait, now that I think about it...he still has those tendencies...hmmmm B):rolleyes::D ) and I didn't want to become like that. Also, I am a lippy person and I didn't want to get drunk and bust on the wrong person.

Also, I never needed alcohol to have a good time. I preferred to remember my good times the next day instead of just praying to the porcelain god.

Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guests
Also, I never needed alcohol to have a good time.

Yes, I 100% agree

ditto

i wub you too mom. I put myself as an alcoholic. Its a disease. You cant get rid of it you can just try to learn to control it. Sobriety is a hard thing to achieve. I'm having a beer right now as i type this. At least i have the "tools" i need to try to help me stay sober. By "tools" I mean AA. I'm lucky enough to not have gone out and got blackout drunk again. That used to be a big problem for me. Now when i drink its usually in moderation but even moderated this disease still has a hold of me and i haven't been able to shake it..... yet.

Well hard to belive to some, im 16, and ive never touched any drug of any kind and never plan to. Ive had plenty of offers and chances, but ive never even touched a beer or a cig. never plan to either!

By the way problem is not because you want Alcohol, you need it, mentally.

Also you are a problem drinker is if you do it to take out anger or stress.

Social is parties and with friends, 2-3 drinks.

And I think we know what Alcoholic is :(

interesting subject. how much fun can u possibly have sober? lol

nah, but everyone who is like Im a little angel and will never drink, good choice. but ya might wanna lighten up a little bit. I think because this community is made up of mostly ppl from like 15-18, thats why so many dont drink. Especially if someone says all his friends gets drunk off 3 beers. My advice is to lighten up and wait for college. What fun is sneaking beer in your parents house and drinking it when they go to sleep? NONE What fun is there in gettin wasted and running around to every dorm flipping all the circuit breakers on the kids that stay in on Saturday night?!? Priceless!!!!