Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

Update:

-Fixed an exploit where players could suicide while pinning a Survivor player resulting in an unfair death from a height that would have otherwise just incapped the Survivor player.

-Previous code that disallowed players to heal while pinned and incapped has been fixed by more reliable code...because it works now...at least it should.

• Like 1

two things that seem to glitch out sometimes:

charger glitch still occurs from time to time (even after update)

non-members who go to spec can sometimes stay there without getting kicked. However typing !jointeam doesn't work either (even if there's a spot open).

Update:

-Previous code that disallowed players to heal while pinned and incapped has been fixed by more reliable code...because it works now...at least it should.

This might be what I was mentioning to you last night.

Where someone was healing someone and the player being healed would be charged or horde would "push" them far beyond healing range but the healing would not stop. Wasn't always but I myself had 3-4 people that I healed in this situation where they were a car or two lengths away and the healing process wouldn't be interrupted.

Update:

This might be what I was mentioning to you last night.

Where someone was healing someone and the player being healed would be charged or horde would "push" them far beyond healing range but the healing would not stop. Wasn't always but I myself had 3-4 people that I healed in this situation where they were a car or two lengths away and the healing process wouldn't be interrupted.

That's a Valve problem. That's been there since the beginning.

Yeah, some other weird stuff tonight too, spitters getting fractional points for example.

You're not going to do a lot of damage if you spit someone and they walk out of the spit right away. That's what is going to cause 0.xx points. It's points based off of damage. The more damage you do in general, the more points you're going to rack up.

Also, guys, don't just say, "weird things are happening to the plugin now". That doesn't help me in determining if it's a bug I need to fix or not. Be as specific as you can, otherwise I'm going to be forced to ignore it. It's like trying to find a quarter in a field of grass. Tell me where you dropped it so I can find it, otherwise I'm not going to bother. Sorry to sound like an a-hole, but I always get people saying that there is a bug when all they say is that and nothing else.

• Like 2

THe other thing I saw was some negative points happening, after each of my infected attacks. Also a fair number of crashes.

(I did give you the one I could remember, Jackie)

I also just noticed that charger damage from pounding a survivor is no longer earning points.

Edited by Lookback

(edited)

Can you be a little more specific?

What class were you?

What were you doing at the time?

Ghost or alive or dead?

I had just died as a spitter. No class was selected yet.

I was in ghost mode at the time, on Dark carnival map 2.

This was the second or third time it happened and I believe I was a smoker/charger before that had just died before.

I then bought a tank (all 3 times) and the 18 second count down continued, the tank notification saying you have 30 seconds before you lose it did not start until I was a ghost able to choose my class.

Edited by Soap

Just noticed another bug on the current plugin....Wehn you spit on survivors, the number of points you earn are not shwon in chat. If you incap someone, it shows as Incapped survivor +3, but spit damage does not show.

FIXED!

Edited by Avengers

Can you be a little more specific?

What class were you?

What were you doing at the time?

Ghost or alive or dead?

I had just died as a spitter. No class was selected yet.

I was in ghost mode at the time, on Dark carnival map 2.

This was the second or third time it happened and I believe I was a smoker/charger before that had just died before.

I then bought a tank (all 3 times) and the 18 second count down continued, the tank notification saying you have 30 seconds before you lose it did not start until I was a ghost.

That's better :P

I found out what was causing it and it will be fixed.

• 1 month later...

One feature that that i liked on the server is, assist points. I would like to know if you used the event " GetEventInt(event, "damage"); " to get player damage to SI and multiply it with SIPoints? Or however you did it, and if you dont mind, share your assist code with me. I don't host my server with steam, offline only. Educational purpose

GC Alumni

I don't really want to share code because of how poorly (I think) it is written. However, I will tell you how I did it.

It does use the "damage" event and adds damage done to a variable which is shared by the attacker and the person who did the damage. Then at that point it takes the amount of damage done, divides it by the amount the Special Infected player had, and you get a percentage number which then equals out to the amount of points the Survivor player would get. So if a Survivor did 86% damage to a Charger, they would get 0.86 points while the player who got the killing blow gets the full points for killing it. After it awards assist points, the "damage done" variable which was shared by both players gets reset.

Dunno if that makes sense or not. I did reference Sky's code in one of his plugins to see how he did it and applied my own tweaks and whatnot to suit my points plugin.

I've posted a new thread about myself. It'll be very helpful if you shared the code with me, i'm not quite sure how Sky's did his code. Don't worry about me taking the code and using it on steam, i do this for educational purpose only, only outside of steam and not to be shared.

Sincerely,

Mess With The Best

• 2 weeks later...
Sky
(edited)

I've posted a new thread about myself. It'll be very helpful if you shared the code with me, i'm not quite sure how Sky's did his code. Don't worry about me taking the code and using it on steam, i do this for educational purpose only, only outside of steam and not to be shared.

Sincerely,

Mess With The Best

Every plugin that I've written is available publicly on http://Alliedmods.net

Everything you've asked about is covered in skyrpg2, which you've downloaded (and complained about, repeatedly)

You have its source code. Open it and read it. When plugins are available that do what you're asking, the lie is pretty obvious when you tell someone you want their code just to see how to do it. lol.

sky rpg 2: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197739 , functions.sp

Edited by Sky