Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

It is a good idea, but in many situations today, it was just too overpowered. after buying up the upgrade, and buying up witch on respawn, some of the maps today were really hard for survivors. Some ideas to help balance it a little - make the witch cost more expensive when activated, maybe limit how many there can be at a time, or limit how many it will make overall.

It is a good idea, but in many situations today, it was just too overpowered. after buying up the upgrade, and buying up witch on respawn, some of the maps today were really hard for survivors. Some ideas to help balance it a little - make the witch cost more expensive when activated, maybe limit how many there can be at a time, or limit how many it will make overall.

Another idea it would be to change the idea of the dangerous witch. Instead of making the regular witches to dangerous ones, the upgrade creates another witch option that cost 30 points or more

its only strong when infected arent ready to interrupt a crowning. i think the cost should go up to 50 or 55 and then have the startle range increase by like 1.5x or something

it could also be announced that "witches are dangerous etc etc" and infected could buy an unannounce for that for like 10

Update:

-Witches now cost 10 points extra if "Dangerous Witches" is active. Otherwise they will cost the regular 20 points

-Purchasing the "Dangerous Witches" upgrade now announces it to all players on the server through the hint text box

-Players who have requested points through !np will appear in the !sp menu first, then the rest of their team

Can I make a very, very small opinion of mine? I like the dangerous witches but they seem to be quite powerful, especially in larger group as 4+ or so. Is it possible that after 2nd purchase, dangerous witch wouldn't be 30 but 40 ? So the first two buys would be 30 points, but any extra bought witch would be 10 more so, if people decide to buy larger amout of witches. Or maybe lower possibilty for which able to kill a survivor with unchanged points purchase.

Just a little thing that bothered me slightly for a while, and this seems like the best place to talk about it, so to not litter up the main forum with yet another topic.

When youre healing a bot, and a player joins that bot as youre healing, it stops the heal. Its fairly rare but theres a few times Ive been healing a bot under heavy fire just to have a player join it and get killed on the spot because the heal timer resets.

Update:

-Separated Infected Class Limit and Team Upgrades into their own separate menus

-Added the option for Infected players to buy Manual Placement Witches ONLY in ghost mode. To spawn in a Witch, press your DUCK key. To see if you are at a good distance away, face the Survivors and if you notice a beam shooting from you to a Survivor, you are too close. Make sure that the beam is not there to spawn one in properly. You need to be a ghost otherwise if you are spawned in, you will get stuck inside your Witch since it spawns it right at your feet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

-New Achievement: Stop Doing That. Interrupt a Survivor healing another player 5 times. Only applies to healing with a First Aid Kit, and only applies to the person doing the healing. This brings the total amount of achievements for Infected to 18, and the total amount overall to 41.

-Hunter Pounces will now give partial points, just like damaging Survivors does. The number will never go below 1.

Fix:

-Fixed an issue revolving around rebuying Witches and Dangerous Witches. If you have previously bought a Witch for 20 points, then Dangerous Witches gets bought, to save me a headache, your previous purchase will just be cleared out. Kind of a lazy way of doing it, but it works either way.

-Added better reliability when rebuying other items when the "Rebuy Successful" message appears.

-Removed some more redundant code.

Due to recent events regarding the server, the buy plugin, and whatnot, this update will be the last I ever do: 2.2gc FINAL

It's been an...educational 3 years writing this...and 3 years of my life soon-to-be down the drain.

• Like 1