Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

Bug:

When you buy a desert eagle while in the downed position and you had a melee weapon.

After being picked up, you lose your desert eagle, melee is still in hand.

I believe this happens when you have akimbo pistols and buy a desert eagle too.

• Like 1

I think that i got a bug.

Exactly at the same time, i bought a heal with my 15 points and got pounced. My points were gone and i was still incaped.

To Soap, that's a Valve glitch, take a look to the other posts.

Bug, may be display only. I didn't have time to try to exploit.

Weapons that have had their clips modified, if you hold Reload, the reload animation starts skipping and the number of bullets starts jumping from the new value to the original value.

• 3 weeks later...
GC Alumni

Figure I'd just list a few small updates:

-Buying a suicide as a Survivor will now not work (this was done by keeping the Infected Purchase Confirmation menu for a Suicide on screen before the round ends all the way up until you start the next round as a Survivor)...plus you'll lose 10 points if you try attempt to do this. I figured it was a way to say, "NOPE" and then slap you in the face for doing it.

-Buying a Tank will just set a variable to 1 instead of just increasing it by 1. Maybe it'll be more reliable for when people buy Tanks now.

-Changed it so whenever you kill a Special Infected, it will list the person you killed. For instance, instead of it saying "Killed Special Infected", it will say, "Killed ".

-Slightly buffed the AK47 again.

To Do:

-Add a vocalization cooldown with diminishing returns.

To Do:

I can sense Maestro jimmies are rustling.

Good change on the AK-47 buff by the way. The Tier 1 SMGs are the new AK-47 at the moment and it's getting really odd.

• Like 1

GC Alumni

To Do:

I can sense Maestro jimmies are rustling.

That was actually something I had planned on initially, but for some reason, I hate coding timers even though they're easy to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the server is restarted daily around 4am, not by a plugin. We could probably move that function to a plugin and restart on round end

Like the map ends or ever few maps it restarts?

Anyway to do that and execute a script to all connected clients to reconnect and extend their cl_timeout to 30 seconds or so to make them stay "connected"?

GC Alumni

I think the server is restarted daily around 4am, not by a plugin. We could probably move that function to a plugin and restart on round end

Like the map ends or ever few maps it restarts?

Anyway to do that and execute a script to all connected clients to reconnect and extend their cl_timeout to 30 seconds or so to make them stay "connected"?

The timeout thing won't work anyway. They have to manually reconnect.

only one way to find out =]

On a related note, I have a couple mods to the plugin I want to test. I may test around 8pm cst tonight. Please leave me a message on steam if you want to help, I will be away here and there but I'll get it.

GC Alumni

I don't...know jackie.

If you execute a:

connect 216.52.148.77:27015

and push an increase in the cl_timeout

immediately before the command to restart goes off, wouldn't that work?

No. My cl_timeout is at like 3000 seconds. The server comes back up when it's still stuck timing out.

How would that work unless the "script" was client-side?

you execute that upon the users? or is that really just all stopped to avoid admins being asses and typing in unbind all or something?

GC Alumni

In the classic days of CSS, admins could screw with players by doing client commands on other players like "+left" to make them constantly turn left without them knowing how to stop it (if they weren't smart enough to type "-left" in console). Valve put a stop to that in all later Source games.

GC Alumni

In the classic days of CSS, admins could screw with players by doing client commands on other players like "+left" to make them constantly turn left without them knowing how to stop it (if they weren't smart enough to type "-left" in console). Valve put a stop to that in all later Source games.

man, i've haven't been an admin in a long time then.

any plugins to get around it?

Unless it's a server-side command, no.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...