Buy Plugin/Server Update Notes

JackieChan

I wanna see the new menu now, can't wait to leave work.

The Talpa Challenge sounds fun.

And yes, Malo loves being b&w, everyround i see him getting on purpose....... And then dies.

-Anyone who dares to can attempt the Talpa Challenge. The Talpa Challenge allows a player (only done by an admin) to be black and white regardless if they are healed or not.

is there a big point bonus or anything? Maybe we get ability to set someone on fire once?

GC Coalition Member
(edited)

Big Update:

Announcing the Item Buy Plugin v2.0. Written from the ground up, it aims to improve on the buy plugin on the server already, but with some added stuff and improvements. Visually, it's not going to really look any different because I wanted to keep most of what the original buy plugin does, but improve on it. The main thing you'll notice will be the buy menu:

l4d2-1.png

The top of every menu shows what menu you are currently in, your points and what it has below. A noticeable difference was that the "Misc Menu" has been moved to the main menu. I tried to keep item locations the same as well except for the Rifle menu, the M60 has been moved to the bottom of the list effectively pushing the rest of the guns up one spot so instead of the AK47 for instance being #4, it's now #3. Disabled items will remain in the menu as not to interfere with item numbering for people who are used to where they always are except for a couple levels.

Some other changes are:

-If you crown a Witch, you will only get points for crowning it and not for both crowning and killing it. It's one or the other.

-If you join the server as a dead survivor and your team sends you points to respawn, if your respawn location is flagged as invalid, you will instead be teleported to the last checkpoint your team reached, or if your team hasn't reached a checkpoint yet, the starting saferoom.

-SendPoints got a little change. I've added support for "heal" or "respawn". What this does is say you have 30 points. Someone you want to respawn already has 18 and needs 12 more, but with how frantic it is, you can't be bothered to do the math. You can now just type "!sp <name> heal" and it will send them whatever more they need to buy a full heal. Once that is successful, a grace period is turned on where other players cannot send them heal or respawn points again until 5 seconds has passed to prevent an excessive amount being sent to a player that no longer needs those points. You can still send them "all" or whatever number you want as often as you want though.

-Anyone who dares to can attempt the Talpa Challenge. The Talpa Challenge allows a player (only done by an admin) to be black and white regardless if they are healed or not.

Yes, I will be working out bugs as they arise, just don't get your panties in a bunch if you happen to stumble across a bug.

The ak-47 is 8 points. Before it was 6. Just to let you know

Edited by Codrut

There is slight problem with BW thing. As infected, I can see someone who is BW, but the same time if i'm survivor and somebody is BW, I can't see him "glowing red" as had been before.

(edited)

Yes, I will be working out bugs as they arise, just don't get your panties in a bunch if you happen to stumble across a bug.

bug might be related to this, maybe not....we are seeing people showing up as RED when they are full health...who didn't start the challenge.

Edited by fxsoap

Can we get "!sp cink h" instead of "heal"? 3 letters could save a life :)

-Buying a Horde no longer makes an announcement. This one I like, basically, the old message just read: "Buy fireworks and light them up for bonus points!"

Also, I've been playing with bindings and noticed that even though I specify the "Confirm" command of "menuselect 1;" I still get the confirmation message after I get the item.

Example:

bind "n" "sm_buy; wait 1; menuselect 3; wait 1; menuselect 1; wait 1; menuselect 1

still pops up the confirmation even after giving me the medkit.

Also, I've been playing with bindings and noticed that even though I specify the "Confirm" command of "menuselect 1;" I still get the confirmation message after I get the item.

i have the same thing

Can we get "!sp cink h" instead of "heal"? 3 letters could save a life :)

On that thought, why not also add a !heal/pickup/respawn cink that would heal/pickup a remote target to compensate for those noobs that don't know how to use the point system or don't listen. I think it's a great solution because the problem is definitely there. Ofc, you can add logic to prevent a person from being healed/respawned/picked up more multiple players simultaneously( a grace period of 5secs just like the !sp cink heal command ). There's so many ways you improve the buy plugin to make it more user friendly without complicating it.

Update:

-Fixed Friendly-Fire so it's better. Accidental incaps should no longer happen and bots will ignore fire.

can we have them ignore spit like the new players do?

No because spit still hurts bots and they're programmed to run away from pain...even though they're terrible at it because they'll still run into it, then retreat. Seems like they don't actively know what's in front of them, only that once they take damage, they're programmed to run away from it. o_O

Update:

-Fixed Friendly-Fire so it's better. Accidental incaps should no longer happen and bots will ignore fire.

can we have them ignore spit like the new players do?

No because spit still hurts bots and they're programmed to run away from pain...even though they're terrible at it because they'll still run into it, then retreat. Seems like they don't actively know what's in front of them, only that once they take damage, they're programmed to run away from it. o_O

lol, that wasn't a request, more of a jab at the new guys :)

Update:

-Talpa Challengers will have a white glow around them instead of their traditional health glows making them easier to target.

Challengers may or may not also be attached to a loudly ringing dinner bell or a constantly firing string of roman candles. :P