Vote for campaign change

tonerrrr

Is there an easy way to allow a vote to skip to the next campaign in the rotation? Or even have options for others specifically? A simple skip to next campaign would be fine, you could even make it 75%+ of all recorded votes for "yes" would invoke the change.

Too many times there are no admins on and we are stuck playing maps that most everyone is not into. Biggs suggested I contact an admin to have them come in and change the map. I really don't want to bother people to do something so trivial but maybe if I know who could rcon then I guess that wouldn't be too inconvenient of a request...

• Like 1

I don't even know what Valve is doing with the game anymore. The only changes they're making to the game are small ones where it's like, "who cares?"

Valve knows that they screwed up with this game and the only reason they're releasing "updates" for it is because they're trying to keep it on life support as long as possible. Last I heard they only have like a couple people working on the game anymore.

Too many times there are no admins on and we are stuck playing maps that most everyone is not into.

22066940.jpg

Yes, valve sucks, but should we add some kind of !rtv feature on finales that would let the players decide the next campaign?

The problem with this is people will always vote for the same campaigns, over and over. Theres only limited maps, so they all have to get played sooner or later. If a certain popular campaign is played and then some players leave and new ones join, the new ones will vote for the map that was just played and the players that stayed will be forced to repeat. If there were more campaigns a votemap thing could work, but as it is now I think its a bad idea and would lead to disagreement and repetition.

The L4D2 Devs just added a community map (Warcelona) to their own official maps. Valve also said they are updating the Steam Workshop so that all you have to do is click the Subscribe button to access the map if you want to play it.

http://www.l4d.com/b...ost.php?id=9296

That's actually just for the official dedicated servers. Plus the subscribe thing I believe is just for receiving updates ON the campaign that's being made, not actually getting it.

Would this just apply to people not wanting to play finales that are unwinnable for losing teams, or what?

The L4D2 Devs just added a community map (Warcelona) to their own official maps. Valve also said they are updating the Steam Workshop so that all you have to do is click the Subscribe button to access the map if you want to play it.

http://www.l4d.com/b...ost.php?id=9296

That's actually just for the official dedicated servers. Plus the subscribe thing I believe is just for receiving updates ON the campaign that's being made, not actually getting it.

Would this just apply to people not wanting to play finales that are unwinnable for losing teams, or what?

If this happens it should only happen in the first map(and only first half/one side) and finales

In Amurica, we have a democracy where the majority rules. To the people saying "I don't want this" or "I do want that" it's not about you. It's about what everyone wants. I have no idea why we would play a map or finale when 60% of the team or especially 75%+ of votes counted want to do something else.

Time and time again we play finales or maps that MOST the players on the server are not into. I have no idea if this is an admin thing to where you need to play a map no one else wants to play or you need to flex your muscle but the fact of the matter is a map should be changed if most of the current players on the server want it to be.

I do not like rage harvest. That does not mean I never want to play it. If most of the players wanted to play it I would not be against it seeing as how the majority wanted to play it. Sometimes I've played it and had a good time, no big deal.

Let the majority rule, not an admin who feels like playing a map they like. The rules sound logical so far however some finales are a waste of time no matter how close the scores are. Again, if majority rules....

randy-marsh-meme-generator-oh-i-m-sorry-i-thought-this-was-america-d4935f.jpg

Honestly, the worst map in the game is Swamp fever, and thank god Jackie hasn't included that in the rotation!

Bring Swamp fever BACK!!!!

I really dont understand all the hate toward Swamp Fever.

untitle.JPG

Too many times there are no admins on and we are stuck playing maps that most everyone is not into.

22066940.jpg

Yes, valve sucks, but should we add some kind of !rtv feature on finales that would let the players decide the next campaign?

21946964.jpg

Edited by tonerrrr

Honestly, the worst map in the game is Swamp fever, and thank god Jackie hasn't included that in the rotation!

Bring Swamp fever BACK!!!!

I really dont understand all the hate toward Swamp Fever.

Tried getting it into the "rotation" 3 times. It's a buggy mess of a campaign and it clears out the server faster than Toner's lack of skill does.

Also...if I am able to run it through my head, think of any way it couldn't work without having to code a workaround or something, I'll see what I can or can't do.

I'm going to have to have it where if a finale is deemed unwinnable for the losing team, it will auto-skip the rest of the finale. I just have to make sure that some variables are taken care of in the process...like if it's a really close game and the only way the losing team can not win the game is if one guy dies.

• Like 1

Does Swamp Fever actually work at this moment, or is it still glitched?

The bug you're referring to is the "Survivors have escaped" from starting the event on swamp fever level 1.

That was patched several updates a go. It wasn't actually a bug with swamp fever; It was due to a memory

address after a finale had been won not resetting properly.

I've played swamp fever since that update and there have never been any issues. Kerry has done a stand up

job correcting the problems that exist with the game. So, to answer your question, Swamp fever is fine.

• Like 1

Does Swamp Fever actually work at this moment, or is it still glitched?

The bug you're referring to is the "Survivors have escaped" from starting the event on swamp fever level 1.

That was patched several updates a go. It wasn't actually a bug with swamp fever; It was due to a memory

address after a finale had been won not resetting properly.

I've played swamp fever since that update and there have never been any issues. Kerry has done a stand up

job correcting the problems that exist with the game. So, to answer your question, Swamp fever is fine.

Did not know that... We played Swamp yesterday and it was fine... I was surprised it didnt bug out... But now I know!