FragFest LOCATION STATUS

Fatty

There's one big bonus about doing the MW or Roadrunner Video place, you can be as loud as you want, sweetness. PLus the people wouldn't prolly mind making a quick buck until they can find someone to lease it out to. Sounds very promising Fatty, pursue!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Founder

Right....also in August, every weekend is "Jammin on the Jetti" and that's right outside the Sheraton along the falls. We'd probably loose some players to the bands and the girls and the boos, not to mention we would be pounded by music from 5 pm until midnight!

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

that jammin on the jeti makes the sheraton sound a plus, not a negative

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests
all we really need is a sleeping bag/blow up mattress and a place to put it.

Sorry - I need AC, soft mattress and nice pillows and I prefer some privacy while sleeping hehe - don't want anyone shaving my head or drawing lipstick smiley faces on me.

GC Founder

I'm going to expect this is NOT that type of party. Anyone draws on me and it'll be first time I've thrown down since high school. However, feel free to shave my head.

GC Founder

Update:

After a few talks with Sheraton, I'm going back for another visit today. I have prices for the weekend, and agreements on the 24hour access plus the negative on catering.

I'm going to take pictures and get some measurements today. One plus about THIS room is that it's got a deck right off it. She said it could hold about 30 people.

GC Founder

Visual trip to the Sheraton....last shot...

Ok, well there are still some questions about this...size and electrical....here we go.

So let's take a trip to the Sheraton...I'm Fatty, your host for the tour.

sher1.gif

Here I am heading East on Broad Blvd. Up ahead you see Route 8 that runs through Cuyahoga Falls. If I were to take that left, or north, I'd run into the tournpike. If I took it the the right, or south, I would head into Akron, where it runs into 77 and 76. I won't be going under there, though, I'm taking a right at the street up ahead. The back of the Sheriton can be seen right from the highway.

sher2.gif

It's right here, just on the corner of Broad and Front street, the intersection above is only 50 feet behind me now.

sher3.gif

Here's a shot of the only room available at the Sheraton. It is roughly (via football paces) 16 yards by 9 or 10 yards....not huge, but we might be able to fit in. If we packed people like I've seen in other Lan pictures, we'd fit.

sher4.gif

However, the issue might become electricity. Maintainance man said there are 4 20 amp circuits going to this room. However, we might be sharing those with the rooms on either side. A DJ running some party might go down!

sher5.gif

Here's part of the falls in Cuyahoga Falls. This is a manmade dam like part. I'm standing outside the room now.

sher6.gif

Doesn't this look nice? A smoker's dream. Heck, I'll put my PC out here!

sher7.gif

Another shot of the room....we'll be using the rectangular tables. Hard to get a feel for it like this.

sher8.gif

I have to get back with the person in charge though. I'd like to have an hour in the room so we could clear out these rounds and put up the table that we would actually be using to see if it might hold us.

sher9.gif

So as I leave, I wonder....can we fit 50 to 60 guys? Will the electricity be sufficient? I asked about running power from other circuits, but I have to inquire about that more. I just don't know. We've got time.

sher10.gif

Ahh, I drive to meet my family at McDonalds!

sher11.gif

I like it... it just looks great.. deck and patio doors will be great for cooling

down and downing a cold one, and also for those cancerous smokers :P

I'm curious what kind of price the hotel is asking for as of now, also...can't

the hotel tell you if the room and support that much power? Based on the

number of outlets and how they are wired? Surely they have a company

that does their electical work and could easily give that information. Regardless

if the room can support all the PC's a generator would be a great backup incase

their was a situation...

:ph34r:

(edited)

i read something somewhere about and old wards store did anything ever come of that.Its just an opinion but to spend as much as i think it will be for the hotel and then havin to get generators also,i dont know just seems more expensive than it needs to be if something else can be used.

dont get me wrong it looks nice and all but who needs nice when ok will do.

Edited by Kurtz

GC Founder

Hotel rooms are 80 / night I believe...that is per room. Each room has a queen sized pull-out couch, and a choice between the king bed or 2 smaller ones (can't remember what size).

I'm with Kurtz, though. I am still pursuing the "warehouse" type environment. Montgomery Wards is my primary target still at this point, and the contacts are being made (the fireman gave my info to the fire chief, who is the person who is in contact with the owner).

Also, for example, the RoadRunner video down the road from me here just went away....perfect building (we could put the servers in the little pron room :lol: , a better use than it ever had...) My thought is this...what owner of a vacant building wouldn't want a grand when normally his joint sits empty.

You slept in the car.  Wilco, however, slept in his chair.

My god fellas didnt you know that Wilco was going into a diabetic coma??? He wasnt sleeping at all!!!

We are gonna have to make sure there is a blood sugar monitor there... :)

Also, for example, the RoadRunner video down the road from me here just went away....perfect building (we could put the servers in the little pron room  , a better use than it ever had...) My thought is this...what owner of a vacant building wouldn't want a grand when normally his joint sits empty.

insurance and liability alone would probably prevent them from doing....

I'm going to expect this is NOT that type of party.  Anyone draws on me and it'll be first time I've thrown down since high school.  However, feel free to shave my head.

Aww fatty.........

At least let us mark a giant M on yer head!!!!

rofl

:P

Edited by [MwR]Sgt.St3d4nk0