Necessary and Extra Equipment

Fatty

Ok, this one is for the local guys. Please post up what you have available to bring so we can start an inventory. I know m0m has stuff, and Chamber mentioned some things.

Me?

I'll bring 2 27 inch TV's again for HLTV, plus an extra PC that can run an HLTV. (i'd rather just leave mantis be mantis, to save NCC the hassle)

Guest 339killer
Guest 339killer
Guest 339killer
Guests
(edited)

Alright this is not set in stone but VERY good chance.

1 Duel P4 Xeon Server to run the server.

2 Systems (probably for Linch and Whip) 1 super gaming system, 1 average system but fine for CS.

possible Managed Switch (16 port, but have to check)

I'll let you all know for sure closer to date.

(THIS IS CHAMBER BTW!! Forgot to logout Killer :P)

Edited by 339killer

Also, to add to my above post....after reading Swoops post in other thread, i'll ring my PS2 if we want to play some console games.....don't really have any multiplayer games......but others might and we might be able to hook up some PS2's together (i-link) and have some real fun with them :)

(edited)

I have an 8 port Linksys switch I can bring as well as a 1.6GHz laptop (256MB ram and a 32MB vid card) and a dual 700MHZ, 784MB RAM (a crappy 32MB Riva TNT2 vid card but could have my GF3 by then) system (not counting my personal gaming system). Let me know if the dual system is needed. I would rather not lug it down if it isn't needed but it was the server at our last 2 lans.

Edited by dwEEziL

I have 2 complete pc's with 2 montiors, both capable of running cs or whatever...

and if need i have another 1 or 2 pc's i can bring (WITHOUT monitor) if needed...pretty low end but can get the job done.

xbox (modded) with 20+ games, 4 movies already in the hd (no need for cd's)

and a umm crappy 5 port switch...sorry....

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

Red -

What does the mod do to the xbox? I have been thinking about getting one and messing with it.

(hubs will not help us in this type of environment)

I have:

16 port switch

5 port switch

2 extra 17" monitors

various pci agp cards including NICs, video, and sound

extra harddrives

1 dual p3 1 ghz server 2gb ram (last years server)

12x50' cat5e cables

4 power strips

im sure theres more ill add later

GC Founder

Note: Please LABEL EVERYTHING. Do it in perm marker on the bottom or something. Label it all. All you xbox games, etc. While I'm not worried about people stealing, things just tend to move around at these parties, then you're left looking at a pile of stuff.

I also have several power trips. :lol: Anyways, yes, everyone should be bringing that, maybe I should go update that.

I have the following SPARE items:

1 - 18 port gig switch

1 - 50' cat5e cable

1 - 14' cat5e cable

1 - 17" monitor

I will definately bring the cables, let me know if you need a spare monitor or if we need the switch.

Once the location has been determined, I have it in pretty good with a wiring vendor, I was thinking of asking them to wire the room for us.

I have a 19" floor rack with patch panels, and 2 - 24 ports cisco 2900 series switches, could get more if needed. We could go in Fri night have them wire the room, have 4 or 6 way boxes every 20 feet or so and get the network/servers running while peeps at Kemps hanging out and arriving.

Would it be better for us to use ONE switch or use multiple so they are closer to people? I might be able to snag a 50 person switch if needed.

<My Dad works for the city we live in....they have HUGE switches>

Gunny

my vision, if it plays out, is to have a wiring company run us jack boxes homerunned back to a pacth panel.

The rack will have patch panel, switches, and possible router if hotel has internet connection.

The only thing the user should need is a 14' patch cable.

I want to eliminate the wiring mess we had last year because all PCS had to be within your patch cable distance.

**if wiring company doesnt pan out, I have 50 or so 6-way biscuits with punch down tool.

We would simply buy a spool of cable and wire room ourselves.

I have a set of Klipsch THX ProMedia 4.1 surround sound speakers. Can I bring them? J/k. Seriously, though I was thinking that it might be nice for the HLTV monitors. They could be set aside for people to stand around and then everyone could hear what was going on in the spectated view. I am willing to bring those for that, if it's a good idea. I just assume that there is sound for HLTV???

Chief

Just secured us a wiring vendor for the event.

He is more than willing to come out and wire the room, provide all cabling/jacks/patch panel as needed.

I'll start with a lil plug for him now :D

If you are in the Cleveland, Akron area and need a wiring vendor for data or phone systems, I recommend and have used for years:

FineLine Communications

330-405-4761

Ask for Curt Hoover - owner

They have awesome techs and do a very professional job with great rates!

....tell them Tim sent ya!

I can bring the following:

30" widescreen HDTV

PS2

GameCube

DVD/VCD Player

Extra PC - 700 MHZ, GeF2, 1GB RAM, 17" Monitor, SB Live

Thats about all I own :P Dont have much else to my name but I can bring whatever I got. I all ready plan on bringing my extra pc just because an extra pc could never hurt anyone :)

Last yr red let me use some cable that went from my machine to wherever it needed to go to get hooked up to the lan.Does someone have an extra one of those i could use this yr.

GC Founder

Speaking of kurtz, I will be bringing latex gloves and some 409 and Kurtz might get a Christmas in August cleaning of his keyboard, compliments of Fatty.

And yes, we'll set you up with one of those cable thingies, my man!

Something that is missing from the list that might be a given but needs to be said. If you are on 56K right now and this is your first LAN...make sure you have an Ethernet card. I can try to bring a couple extra for people if needed.