FYI: L4D2 Being refreshed

crasx

Thanks Crasx for the hard work!

Bug reporting:

Buy system is not working

We are not all getting medkits to start the round (only 4 are able to be picked up)

Will add more if I come across them.

EDIT:

server crashed switching to swamp fever just now.

Edited by mikeyson

In case it helps, after the server crashes my console keeps trying to connect to some facebook page it says

"browser message: unsafe javascript attempt to access frame with url http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbitter.php?version=28#channel=f3047590f8&channel_path=........"

and keeps trying to open this even after I'm no longer connected until I restart the game.

I was only teasing you Crasx.

These are the issues.

It would switch me after each round.

There was a ping issue but it was random. But you stated that you known that.

Losing tank control.

Other than that it was playable.

I wish I can be more of help on Linux to fix the ping issue. I just know enough to get it working on my PC and getting some things installed and know that kernel updates can be fine or totally mess up the operating system.

GC Alumni

I was only teasing you Crasx.

These are the issues.

It would switch me after each round.

There was a ping issue but it was random. But you stated that you known that.

Losing tank control.

Other than that it was playable.

I wish I can be more of help on Linux to fix the ping issue. I just know enough to get it working on my PC and getting some things installed and know that kernel updates can be fine or totally mess up the operating system.

ping stuff as of this point I have guesses as to the cause but nothing definitive. Switching, scores, and tank stuff I will prolly gix next. then db which includes sourcebans and ranks (which scrambles each round)

dev server seems stable so I'm migrating it live then working on dev more, so dev will be crashy

re: linux we don't have command line access so I can't do any tweaking on os level. The main reason I switched to linux is that it doesn't require signatures so it will have a way less chance of crashing on future updates

banana- may have just been a glitch. I need to tighten that code up anyway. Will check tonight

Cool, thanks man. Here's what I'm seeing in the console:

Player put a banana in your ear.gc <STEAM_1:0:27226988> connected from country United States
#Cstrike_TitlesTXT_Game_connected
Receiving uncompressed update from server
FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: bind
Disconnect: You were kicked for swearing too much. This is a clean server.
Disconnect: You were kicked for swearing too much. This is a clean server.
CAsyncWavDataCache: 10 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Duplicate sequence 3 in sheet file
BinkOpen( c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media\l4d2_background04.bik )

Is there a way we could toggle, or turn off altogether, the rankmenu updates? It is a lot of spam in the chat in my opinion and clogs it up for the players who only communicate through keyboard. I like how it gives the rank of the player who joined though.

Also just thought you should know votes are not reserved for only admins. A non member issued a vote to change the map earlier today so that could be a problem.